2022 Odyssey and Toulon Design Putters

I've already got a local buddy chomping at the bit to get his hands on a Magnolia.

He is SO pumped hahaha

did he get one? I thought they only released 25

@Golfgirlguru i can certainly help with that!

I love my Tri Hot triple wide! The discussion of is it a blade or a mallet. I know a lot of people are skeptical of hybrids of this sort. However, during my testing I would without a doubt say that it is a blade. It looks like a blade. Albeit and bigger one but it still looks like a blade. It feels like a blade too. It’s not too heavy at all, and for me personally I have a different putting stroke with a mallet than I do a blade. I use my blade stroke with this putter.

I would say the MOI help comes from not twisting the face at impact as much. Also the white hot insert and tungsten in the right places help with those mis-hits.

I would say the difference between the double wide and triple wide are minimal. I would say to try out both if you are interested and whatever suits your eye the best of those two you could go with. However, I would strongly say that this is not a “bad players” putter. It looks great and if it looked too big I would have never selected that as my putter.

let me know any specific questions you have and I’d be happy to answer!

I would also say the ladies version has the white stroke lab shaft available as opposed to the red which was a big wish list item for a lot of guys in the Grandaddy so look into that.

Here is the putter at address.

View attachment 9061031
View attachment 9061033
View attachment 9061034
WOW! Thank you so much @Afizzle2100 for the in-depth review of the Tri Hot Triple Wide. I currently have a Seemore HT and really like it, but feel like I have some untapped potential within me to hit with a wider blade-like putter. Short side note story - I went to the PGA Superstore this past weekend with my husband @Cruskater and tried a Double Wide from this past year. I have a pretty good eye for putts and I took the Double Wide to one end of the putting mat and tried to putt it to the complete opposite side. I got the putt in the hole and read the small break. There were two store associates standing to the side of the mat and saw out of the corner of their eye that it went in and immediately said "Looks like that is your putter!" They said that the particular hole that I chose was the hardest for people to get in because of angle and break. I was worried that it was beginner's luck with the Double Wide, but after making a couple more...I really liked it. I think that coming from a mallet putter, it may be better for me to have the Triple Wide. As a 3rd grade teacher, I do not have it in the budget right now to order one, but would love to keep it on my wish list.

I live and play golf in Myrtle Beach, and I see about 300-400 bags a week.People come here from all over the country to play golf.I ve honestly never seen a Toulon putter in anyones bag.
Have you guys ever seen one out in the wild?
Yep, in my bag 😂 There’s a rotation of 2. However the Tri Hot Triple Wide is incoming to fight for the spot!

Yep, in my bag 😂 There’s a rotation of 2. However the Tri Hot Triple Wide is incoming to fight for the spot!
I’m looking at your witb. Why am I not surprised you’d be the guy? 😜

WOW! Thank you so much @Afizzle2100 for the in-depth review of the Tri Hot Triple Wide. I currently have a Seemore HT and really like it, but feel like I have some untapped potential within me to hit with a wider blade-like putter. Short side note story - I went to the PGA Superstore this past weekend with my husband @Cruskater and tried a Double Wide from this past year. I have a pretty good eye for putts and I took the Double Wide to one end of the putting mat and tried to putt it to the complete opposite side. I got the putt in the hole and read the small break. There were two store associates standing to the side of the mat and saw out of the corner of their eye that it went in and immediately said "Looks like that is your putter!" They said that the particular hole that I chose was the hardest for people to get in because of angle and break. I was worried that it was beginner's luck with the Double Wide, but after making a couple more...I really liked it. I think that coming from a mallet putter, it may be better for me to have the Triple Wide. As a 3rd grade teacher, I do not have it in the budget right now to order one, but would love to keep it on my wish list.
I don't have mine in hand yet so I'm just going off Callaway's release info, the putts I rolled on demo day, and what the Grandaddy guys have said, but the Triple Wide should (*should*) feel the most familiar to you if you're coming from a mallet. The Triple Wide is face balanced (like most mallets are), while the Double Wide has some toe hang (42°, IIRC?). So at least in theory, the Triple Wide would be a better fit for a stroke with less arc and the Double Wide would work better for a stroke with more arc - somebody who releases the toe of the putter more.

I rolled the Double and Triple head-to-head at the demo day. Both of them looked and felt good to me, but the Triple was rolling just a bit better and I'm more comfortable with a face balanced head. I was thankful that the demo was outdoors on my club's practice green, because it gave me a real life feel for them rather than indoors on a mat. I was able to roll putts of various distances, both uphill and downhill, with various amounts of break, on a green that's at the speed I'll be playing most often.

I don't have mine in hand yet so I'm just going off Callaway's release info, the putts I rolled on demo day, and what the Grandaddy guys have said, but the Triple Wide should (*should*) feel the most familiar to you if you're coming from a mallet. The Triple Wide is face balanced (like most mallets are), while the Double Wide has some toe hang (42°, IIRC?). So at least in theory, the Triple Wide would be a better fit for a stroke with less arc and the Double Wide would work better for a stroke with more arc - somebody who releases the toe of the putter more.

I rolled the Double and Triple head-to-head at the demo day. Both of them looked and felt good to me, but the Triple was rolling just a bit better and I'm more comfortable with a face balanced head. I was thankful that the demo was outdoors on my club's practice green, because it gave me a real life feel for them rather than indoors on a mat. I was able to roll putts of various distances, both uphill and downhill, with various amounts of break, on a green that's at the speed I'll be playing most often.

Thanks @Snowman I really appreciate hearing your thoughts. I completely agree about the Triple Wide being a better choice for me especially that I am coming from a mallet. I also think that the face balanced head is critical. It’s too bad that the PGA Superstore does not let you take a putter to your local course to try it out. I can’t wait to see what it looks like in person once the local golf stores get it. I think the red shaft is very iconic and I like the exact looks of the Triple Wide on the Odyssey website.

I think I want a slant neck naked Daytona ala the one that Jason Day is sporting. It looks very good, and I think my eyes will track a putt line well without an alignment mark. If that ends up cost prohibitive, my fear, I could try the naked eleven.

I have also seen "tour" versions of the 5k putters with alternative marks from the stock versions with alignment lines on the flange. I would jump on a Tri Hot two or double wide with a dot or small line on top. I would jump right now if that was available, assuming I don't have to pay 2x the price for a simple change in alignment mark.

I think I want a slant neck naked Daytona ala the one that Jason Day is sporting. It looks very good, and I think my eyes will track a putt line well without an alignment mark. If that ends up cost prohibitive, my fear, I could try the naked eleven.

I have also seen "tour" versions of the 5k putters with alternative marks from the stock versions with alignment lines on the flange. I would jump on a Tri Hot two or double wide with a dot or small line on top. I would jump right now if that was available, assuming I don't have to pay 2x the price for a simple change in alignment mark.
I'm not a big mallet guy but something about that Daytona speaks to me. That model looks so darn good.

Would love it, if Odyssey expanded the Garage offerings to include a few Odyssey models, too. I'd love a naked Rossie like the one Rahm is using.

@xThor this has been me every day since the pre-orders started. And now that I have seen Jason Day's Daytona it's even worse.

whoa I updated yesterday saying that Customer Service told me my order will ship next week but got an update saying I'll be getting my putter today! Looks like these shipments are coming from Fort Worth so only about 45 mins away from my house.

SO EXCITED

whoa I updated yesterday saying that Customer Service told me my order will ship next week but got an update saying I'll be getting my putter today! Looks like these shipments are coming from Fort Worth so only about 45 mins away from my house.

SO EXCITED

Are you talking about 2022 putters? I have two on order and have heard nothing?

Ok. Ok. It needs to be 2/4 already. Plus side, my Eleven and my Gladiator might comin in the same week...

Are you talking about 2022 putters? I have two on order and have heard nothing?
yeah I have a tri-hot 5k on its way. i dont know how much any custom configuration changes shipping times but mine was dead stock

SO EXCITED

Naked Eleven S of WH OG #7 Bird……get one or get both…..

Back