For those with iPhone, there is a Mizuno PFS app that allows you to enter speed and the four parameters (Tempo, toe down, kick, release) to get recommendations. It's a nice app!

Think I need to add one of these to the THP Tech Studio. 😀

Is Mizuno doing demo days in Ohio? Any way to find this info?

There are plenty of places around that have the Optimizer - all found on the Mizuno site. If you are near Westlake, go see Chris at Cappy’s Club Repair (cappysclubrepair.com) - he does all the work for CC’s in the area and is well known. He’s a top seller for Mizuno as well.

Next time I’m in our local shop I’m going to see if they have one of these. They have a mizuno fitting cart but when I was trying different irons they didn’t bring this out. I am really curious as to what it would spit out for me

that is so freaking cool. I need to find somewhere local that has it and go check it out. really like the improvements from previous versions.

How cool is this thing?
Great video. Vosh is a freaking Rockstar - and Dan, as always you nailed the interview/demo.

If I can work up the nerve, I'm going to have to find a place to try this thing out. (y)

Used this at 3 places. 2 on the same day, 1 on the next. A different answer every time. And not just order, like in a different top 4. So I guess it’s closer to a human fitting experience than one might think.

Im going to try to get one of these for the Tech Studio.

I had the opportunity to go through this last week and it is a lot of fun. This new version gives some great info, which is talked about in the video. If you get a chance and have a retail store that has it, give it a try. Its definitely a ton of fun.

When I was fit for Mizuno clubs a while back I was able to use this as well - it was pretty damn cool. It suggested the Project X LZ - something I didn’t know about beforehand so it was cool seeing it and hitting it at the fitting.

The icing on the cake is the no upcharge on shafts for Mizuno clubs though.

Is there an easy way to find out which fitters have the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer or do you just have to start calling them all?

I just received a Mizuno STX driver head, adaptor and head cover. No shaft. I would like to see what the Optimizer suggests.

And for a second question, when a fitter has a Mizuno fitting day, what does that actually mean?

Thanks for any information.

Is there an easy way to find out which fitters have the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer or do you just have to start calling them all?
They are available in many retail stores. If the store carries Mizuno Woods, odds are they are going to have it.

I’ve tried the shaft optimizer several times and it’s made me a believer. The shaft options it gave me are ones I usually look for in not only Mizuno irons but also other brands. KBS Tour Reg, Project X LZ 5.5, or Nippon 105S. All of those are in the same weight class and had EI profiles that were close.

I just received a Mizuno STX driver head, adaptor and head cover. No shaft. I would like to see what the Optimizer suggests.

And for a second question, when a fitter has a Mizuno fitting day, what does that actually mean?

Thanks for any information.
The Mizuno USA site has a dealer locator. You need to filter on golf as it’s a website for all their sports equipment including baseball and golf.

Also, you said you have a driver. The fitting takes place with an iron, but the Optimizer does translate results into suggestions for wood shafts too.

Last edited:
The Mizuno USA site has a dealer locator. You need to filter on golf as it’s a website for all their sports equipment including baseball and golf.

Also, you said you have a driver. The fitting takes place with an iron, but the Optimizer does translate results into suggestions for wood shafts too.

Thanks for the info Games. I should have known that but somehow it escaped me. I will be going for some PJX 921irons this spring also. I will have to contact my prospective fitter and see what he thinks the best order to proceed.

I’ve never used this when trying Mizuno but I’m going to do a @Jman inspired fit this weekend and see what I end up in.

225s more forgiving than King Tour? I hit mine well but refuse to go in the other direction.

I tried to get this device to work this evening and could not

I tried to get this device to work this evening and could not

This sounds like it needs to be described in detail.

I was at a fitter today that had one and also Trackman. My fitting is on Tuesday.

Getting fitted for a shaft for Mizuno STX head I have, and for a set of Mizuno PJX 921 hot metal or hot metal pro irons.

I got to hold the two heads in my hand and I know the Pro is smaller but I could not see any difference in size at all. I will get a much better look at them on Tuesday. I was a little hesitant to go with the smaller head but that doesn’t seem to be an issue now.

Now since I have not swung a club in 5 or 6 weeks, I think I should head to the barn each day and do 30 or so swings to get the muscles (what little there is left of them) loosened up and over any soreness. I wish I had a room in the house with a 10 ft ceiling.😵

Has anyone used this for their woods.
It seems to be "Ironcentric" however I know it does do woods.
Just wondering how it does Fairway Wood/Driver...

Back