2022 Odyssey and Toulon Design Putters

You expect any other answer than "Get Both!!!!" around here? :ROFLMAO:
No and that’s exactly what I want to be told. This way I can tell wifey I gave in and got both because of the tremendous peer pressure I was put under. Lol

I just watched Johnny Wunder's video on the new Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k putters. Awesome video as always from Johnny! Makes me really, really, really want the Triple Wide.

No and that’s exactly what I want to be told. This way I can tell wifey I gave in and got both because of the tremendous peer pressure I was put under. Lol
I'll help!

Initial thoughts (only rolling inside)
- head shape is beautiful.
- Doesn't feel as soft for some reason as the White Hot OG...? Isn't it the same insert? might have been just some bad putting from me.
- Ball rolls so pure off the face
- stock grip is awesome. very premium leather feel but not super sticky which i'm not a big fan of.
- stock headcover feels really nice and premium

- Doesn't feel as soft for some reason as the White Hot OG...? Isn't it the same insert? might have been just some bad putting from me.
- stock grip is awesome. very premium leather feel but not super sticky which i'm not a big fan of.
It is the same insert. Could be the extra tungsten behind the face in the toe and heel. Not sure how much that would or does change feel but it might be a reason.

It is the same insert. Could be the extra tungsten behind the face in the toe and heel. Not sure how much that would or does change feel but it might be a reason.
good to know. regardless it feels awesome. can't wait to get out on the course

Just updated/changed my order over the phone. Asked about shipping dates. He says my order is scheduled to go out 1/28/22. Tri-hot 5k DW

My thought on the feel was it is a very solid feeling at impact with the face which I love in this. Some other inserts feel almost hollow like there’s no mass behind the face but they did a great job on the design of these creating such a amazing feel.

They did it right for sure. I am not a blade guy, but even I enjoyed the look/feel of them.

As @Muchmore18 mentioned, the insert is the same, although head dynamics will play a part if it feels different depending on stroke.

Is that grip almost mid-sized? Description says 5k Pistol, but that looks larger than a pistol grip
Man I wish it was midsized. It would be perfect! But this is pretty darn close to traditional pistol grip size it not just ever so slightly bigger. Comparing it to the gray DFX grip last year, it is bigger than that

Man I wish it was midsized. It would be perfect! But this is pretty darn close to traditional pistol grip size it not just ever so slightly bigger. Comparing it to the gray DFX grip last year, it is bigger than that
I wish we could get that Tri-Hot grip in a mid-size or large!

I wish we could get that Tri-Hot grip in a mid-size or large!
OH. MY. GOD.

Me too. I'm going to hate taking this grip off because it's fantastic. But I need larger grips

agreed. it seems slightly bigger than the dfx. the grip on the trihot reminds me of a scotty matador grip…

How's it going in here? Pretty sweet pictures of that One @jin_xianjun :D

And if your brain is mush like mine, there’s the Eleven Triple Track which pretty much aims for you!
Our if you want a challenge go with the pro "naked top" like I did..lol

OH. MY. GOD.

Me too. I'm going to hate taking this grip off because it's fantastic. But I need larger grips

I invested in a grip removal tool from golf works - it’s like a metal rod with a plastic handle. It’s been great for removing the superstroke or other stock Odyssey putter grips that we’re impossible for me to remove before (without cutting them off). At least then they can be re-used, or gifted to someone else. And I don’t feel so bad about replacing a brand new grip.

Can’t wait for mine. Are they doing red in Europe? Trying to figure out why I’m hearing red on YouTube and J Day has a red shaft as well

Can’t wait for mine. Are they doing red in Europe? Trying to figure out why I’m hearing red on YouTube and J Day has a red shaft as well

I think it’s been a combination of a couple things: 1) preference by the pro 2) visibility 3) availability. The green stroke lab being new, hasn’t been as available yet, so likely when JDay started testing, a red shaft was likely more readily available to have with it.

Back