I know a few THPers got these at the THP Experience. Hope to hear some of their thoughts.
Think anyone buttered the Thanksgiving rolls with these? Yikes thin to win i guess!

I love the blade-on-blade back profile of the Icons, it is such a classic Ben Hogan design element. Keeps the CG in a nice spot for good playability as well.

The ICON is still one of my favorite irons I've ever played. Yes they're a blade but they seem to have a little forgiveness to them and I think a larger number of people could play them then you would think. Plus they are GORGEOUS.

They are such a fun set to play with. I’m sure those guys will agree with me on that.

After playing my PTx Pros again, I kind of want to try a combo set of those and ICONs. Anyone try both and can tell me whether the scoring irons are more demanding from a player?

I have the PTXPro/Icon Combo set and I have had them for a year. Such good feel on the ICON's, although i have not played them since starting Team Tour Edge, I did change out the SW 780's for Recoil 95's. The feel of the ball of the face of the ICONS is pure joy when you hit the middle of the face.....ya know when you hit one and you just kinda don't even feel it? it just goes???? Thats ICON

I really enjoy the Icons I received at the HE. I only have the 8-PW and have not played any golf on grass since the event.
I find them to look great behind the ball, bot too intimidating. Even for a blade.
The feel is very solid. A bit more firm than I expected, but that could be the shafts I’m not totally used to (KBS tours).
E81E8052-5941-447A-B8C9-301B4F28385C.jpeg

I miss hitting 4 iron stingers with these.

I don't miss mishitting 4 iron stingers with these. I can still feel that mishit in my hands :ROFLMAO:.

I don't have the Icons but got to take some swings with them at the event. I hit 3 approaches with them and hit 3 greens. I didn't find them any more demanding than PTX Pro.

After playing my PTx Pros again, I kind of want to try a combo set of those and ICONs. Anyone try both and can tell me whether the scoring irons are more demanding from a player?

Cliche, but you'd be surprised how similar. Yes, they are slightly more demanding, but if you can mange the gross mishits with the PTx Pro I don't think you'll notice many negatives with the ICON 8-9PW. Mishits will finish in pretty similar places. The Icons are very good at hitting a distance number.

Love my black ptx/icon combo set with autoflex shafts, best set of sticks i have ever tried/used.

Wanted a blade to test out the new 105g Rapid Tapers. An ICON Pw and 9i were taking up bench space.
I will argue all day long that this may be the best feeling clubs I've ever hit. That true.. feels like you didn't even hit the ball feeling.
After I gave them a good workout I let the Pro hit them.
Standing back behind him, the sound they are making through the ball is unreal. It's a sound that you just know was nuked. He didn't want to stop hitting them. Plus he just loves the simple beauty of the heads. IMG_20211226_181602_350.jpgIMG_20211226_181602_383.jpgIMG_20211226_181602_421.jpgIMG_20211226_181602_448.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_20211226_181602_383.jpg
    IMG_20211226_181602_383.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20211226_181602_421.jpg
    IMG_20211226_181602_421.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20211226_181602_448.jpg
    IMG_20211226_181602_448.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: KEV
Wanted a blade to test out the new 105g Rapid Tapers. An ICON Pw and 9i were taking up bench space.
I will argue all day long that this may be the best feeling clubs I've ever hit. That true.. feels like you didn't even hit the ball feeling.
After I gave them a good workout I let the Pro hit them.
Standing back behind him, the sound they are making through the ball is unreal. It's a sound that you just know was nuked. He didn't want to stop hitting them. Plus he just loves the simple beauty of the heads. View attachment 9055453View attachment 9055454View attachment 9055455View attachment 9055458

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Very cool club setup. I totally agree, you'll be hard pressed to find a better feeling club. These are still one of my favorite sets I've ever owned.

These look so sick. Excited to tweak the lies a bit more to my needs…. So damn clean!

20D38DD7-39E6-4ECE-8FD1-A8BF84B7B00E.jpeg

These irons are so fire. Can't wait to hear how you get along after setting them up to your specs.

During the event the ball flight was dropping left a bit more than I prefer, so I’m planning to flatten the lie angles 2 degrees. Also plan to get my preferred ALIGN grips on them.

Also also…. Hoping BH comes through with maybe some new fun in 2022!!! 😬

I like seeing this thread pop up. These are such a good iron - CLASSY looks, and fun to hit!

I have the PTXPro/Icon Combo set and I have had them for a year. Such good feel on the ICON's, although i have not played them since starting Team Tour Edge, I did change out the SW 780's for Recoil 95's. The feel of the ball of the face of the ICONS is pure joy when you hit the middle of the face.....ya know when you hit one and you just kinda don't even feel it? it just goes???? Thats ICON

I USED to know that feeling! My first "decent" set of irons was a set of Haig (Walter Hagen) Ultradyne II's that were muscleback blades. With all that mass right behind the ball on center hits, the feel was so pure! And the feedback on off center hits was instantaneous. But, I learned to hit them, and played the best golf of my life with them. I probably wouldn't go that route today, since I don't have the time to spend on the game that I did back then. But, I'm definitely going to take a look at the Hogan products. I have to say that those are some of the most handsome irons I have every seen!

I USED to know that feeling! My first "decent" set of irons was a set of Haig (Walter Hagen) Ultradyne II's that were muscleback blades. With all that mass right behind the ball on center hits, the feel was so pure! And the feedback on off center hits was instantaneous. But, I learned to hit them, and played the best golf of my life with them. I probably wouldn't go that route today, since I don't have the time to spend on the game that I did back then. But, I'm definitely going to take a look at the Hogan products. I have to say that those are some of the most handsome irons I have every seen!

Did you ever play Buckeye Lake?

I hope I have the ball striking to play these at some point. What a great looking iron.

Hey @ddec should I just get a set of these to scratch my blade itch?

Hey @ddec should I just get a set of these to scratch my blade itch?
Dont you have some? I thought you played these last year or the year before.

Back