Do you feel there is much difference in the performance?
I had an 85 gram Hybrid shaft in the 18. I have the 113 gram MMT 105TX in the 21. Pretty significant difference in ball flight. The 21 seems to launch much much lower off the deck and tee. But the shafts are significantly different. So, I can’t say definitively that the 21 is better. I’m not in love with the mmt so I’ve been on the hunt for something else.

So I've had this in the bag for around 4 rounds since lockdown in the UK ended at the start of April!!
First things first, I'm an 8.3 WHS currently and only play once a week, I swing the driver 103-108 topping out when I'm warm.
I love 2 irons, I generally hit the ball very high and with enough speed I get the ball up easy with a 17-18 degree iron.
I've gamed over the last few seasons P790, ping G410, cobra utility, Mizuno mp20 hmb and srixon u85.

So to the Callaway

Looks - I personally think this is one of the best looking driving irons I've seen. Small amount of offset, yes you can see some of the junk out the back at address but not enough to worry me. Blade length is decent, I use a player's distance iron so it's just in keeping with them for size. The look in the bag I think Callaway have nailed it 9/10

Performance - Well I have the 18 degree 2 iron, off the tee this thing flies, it has a great spring off the face. Seems pretty forgiving on some of my post lockdown choppy swings! You can keep it low enough for me or tee it up and let it go 9/10

Feel - hands down the best feeling long iron I've used 10/10

I have it paired up with the PX U 5.5 105g shaft which works really well, my gamers have PX 5.5 at 115g so it's a good transition into the long iron.

All in all its a great club and I'd highly recommend giving it a go if your in the market for a good looking, good performing, great feeling driving iron.

The Apex UT is silly good. Outstanding ability to execute shots and deal with crummy lies. I've been using the 24* off the tee which is easy and its excels, but off the fairway and in rough its equally at home. I've hit some really good recovery shots from bad lies, its easy to shape around things or move up/down , play in the wind, etc. The jump off the face and feels are all there, along with control. I definitely look forward to hitting it.

Still loving the 24*...and because of that I bought a 21*, which I took out during my last round but didn't hit it well. Took it to the range today and continued to struggle. I only hit a few good ones out of at least 15-20 balls. disappointing but i'll keep trying

24 UT has been really nice for me as well. Ditto on shots off the tee and out of tough spots. Sadly, it got quite the workout in my last round, but it was one of the few clubs I seemed to hit well in that round, so kudos! I had bent mine a smidge flat and thinking I can sneak the lie back up just a touch.
Really like the dense feel it has. You might not expect that kinda feel when you look at the head.

Got my 21* yesterday (Rewards buy) paired with a KBS 70/80 HY shaft. This is my first venture with a graphite shaft in an iron. Taking it out for a spin this morning to see how good of an experiment it turns out to be. Hoping this can replace the 3hy.

WIN_20210508_13_38_40_Pro.jpg
Noticed something weird on the new 21* X Forged UT. It has a different hosel stamp than the one I bought when they first came out. Don't all +1 Up (lie angle) come in green from Callaway? The new one is in black and has an x in front of the 21? Anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 9006899
Noticed something weird on the new 21* X Forged UT. It has a different hosel stamp than the one I bought when they first came out. Don't all +1 Up (lie angle) come in green from Callaway? The new one is in black and has an x in front of the 21? Anyone have any ideas?

I thought they stopped doing colors with the lie angle. Mine used to come red for 2° flat both the 21 XForged and Apex pro I have are black.

Oh man. I’m absolutely loving my 21° UT. It’s such a great option off the tee. Hits low bullets that run forever. The past few weeks it has been the source of some pretty sick second shots on par 5’s. The stock shot shape for me with it is a mid push draw.

Only complaint I have is that the MMT 105TX seems a little heavy for what I use this club for. I’m not really concerned about making sure it gaps with my 4 iron properly. I want more distance than that. So, I bought a Ventus Blue HB 9X to put in it. Should be roughly 18 grams or so lighter.

View attachment 9006899
Most of my 1 flat orders just come black now, but m XFUT's definitely do not have an X like that. Anyone else have feedback on this?

My 1 up came in black as well. I think they stopped the color markings.

But after about 6 rounds on the 21 degree I think this might be my easiest to hit club in the bag. So many good shots from the tee and the fairway. I got it with the project XU shaft. I am playing the standard PXI 6.5 shafts in my irons and love this " U" shaft in 6.0. I might need a new fitting for the irons because this shaft is amazing.

Mine is also marked " X-21"

One of these in 21° is still very much on my mind.

CPO has a fair amount of these on their site and with a 25% one day discount, thinking of picking one up.
From what I have been able to gather from previous posts - it hit's low bullets.
Any sense of forgiveness vs. a SIM UDI?
Think this might be good fall ground hard as a rock option to play some of the Links type of courses coming up.

CPO has a fair amount of these on their site and with a 25% one day discount, thinking of picking one up.
From what I have been able to gather from previous posts - it hit's low bullets.
Any sense of forgiveness vs. a SIM UDI?
Think this might be good fall ground hard as a rock option to play some of the Links type of courses coming up.
Can't compare it to the SIM, but I don't hit low bullets with my 4u paired with the EvenFlow blue 85s.

which loft are you looking at? or did you already buy one?

Is anyone still using one of these???

I'm made an effort to play mine more this winter. Took it to the range to force myself to want to, and honestly, it's been a delight. I'm real picky about a UT and nothing ever seems quite right, but I think this one's pretty good. The sound is different but similar to the iron lines and satisfying, and it's just real solid for me. I really think I just kind of take it for granted now. Want to switch to something shorter or easier on the body or just have some fun, XFUT. Already played this hole with a driver a bunch, XFUT. Want to have some fun shaping one either direction, XFUT.

There's a hole at one that I can hit a driver down past the fairway break and have a partial wedge in, but I get to hit a lot of those. It's got water left and kind of a crescent first fairway, the more you bite, the closer you are and there is something really satisfying about using this club to curl one at the 150 marker and try to get right to the end of the first fairway in good position.

I use it a lot on long approach on par 5's because I can get it in the air but it's a real good wind beater too. Anyway, I have a recently renewed appreciation. Anyone else still pounding one of these?

I’ve hit these a few times in demo. It is so much easier for me to hit than the Ping Crossover. I’m more of a hybrid guy but i would consider this around 21 degrees.

I still swear by these! Some of the easiest utility irons to hit. The 24* has been a staple in my bag since they first came out. I use it off the tee and from the fairway on longer approaches. Not bad for some bump & runs.

I'm made an effort to play mine more this winter. Took it to the range to force myself to want to, and honestly, it's been a delight. I'm real picky about a UT and nothing ever seems quite right, but I think this one's pretty good. The sound is different but similar to the iron lines and satisfying, and it's just real solid for me. I really think I just kind of take it for granted now. Want to switch to something shorter or easier on the body or just have some fun, XFUT. Already played this hole with a driver a bunch, XFUT. Want to have some fun shaping one either direction, XFUT.

There's a hole at one that I can hit a driver down past the fairway break and have a partial wedge in, but I get to hit a lot of those. It's got water left and kind of a crescent first fairway, the more you bite, the closer you are and there is something really satisfying about using this club to curl one at the 150 marker and try to get right to the end of the first fairway in good position.

I use it a lot on long approach on par 5's because I can get it in the air but it's a real good wind beater too. Anyway, I have a recently renewed appreciation. Anyone else still pounding one of these?

I've never hit one but I've been thinking about trying to find a 21* for a decent price to play around with. It sounds like a great tee option but reading some comments I'm a little concerned it might launch a little lower and I don't know if it would hold the green for me. I'd be looking for it to hit the 200 yard slot on a long par 3 my home course and a couple of approaches.

I've never hit one but I've been thinking about trying to find a 21* for a decent price to play around with. It sounds like a great tee option but reading some comments I'm a little concerned it might launch a little lower and I don't know if it would hold the green for me. I'd be looking for it to hit the 200 yard slot on a long par 3 my home course and a couple of approaches.
It's definitely not the highest flying UT out there. Probably goes along with the fact that it's one of the leaner ones. Not as much junk in the trunk as some others.

Last edited:
It’s excellent. My second favorite on the market, and definitely the favorite which leans more iron.

Anyone hit both this and the Epic Forged 4i? I seem to remember @radiman commenting about this or maybe my age......???

Thanks A

Anyone hit both this and the Epic Forged 4i? I seem to remember @radiman commenting about this or maybe my age......???

Thanks A
Ooh. The epic Forged 4 iron. What a weapon. Been a while but I remember the epic Forged feeling more solid. But was pretty harsh outside of center. Hitting it high on the face and you could feel it in your hands. I had the x Forged ut for a hot minute and gone it pretty low launching. But my game had changed and this didn’t fit my needs anymore.

The epic Forged was a really fun club to hit. If you can find an individual 4 iron I’d 100% give it a try. I think it would be a little thinner in the sole than the ut and would probably play more like 4 or 3 iron than it would a driving iron.

I was very close to buying one but couldn't pass up the killer deal on my RSi on eBay.

Still have the 24* in the bag. Haven't had as much success with the 21* so I may sell it...reluctantly. I absolutely loved the 24* last year and it will remain in the bag for some time.

Back