TESTED! Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts

I’m bouncing between the HD and the XC, in my woods. Both are great, but the XC seems to spin a couple hundred RPM less for me (almost too low).

I’m bouncing between the HD and the XC, in my woods. Both are great, but the XC seems to spin a couple hundred RPM less for me (almost too low).

Thanks. I am going to give the HD 5x a shot, as I did like the feel of the HD. I am just trying to figure out what is closest to the ventus black from profile standpoint. I think it is the AD, but I am just not sure. I apppreciate your reply.

Wanted to bump this as it’s a good, and surprising, example of how shaft changes might not make the differences we think they will in our head, and are instead much more about fine tuning. (y)

Last edited:
Great thread! I’m getting some Ventus TR in to test against my Graphite Design Tour AD UB. ✌🏼

I need some ADHD in my life. And the golfing type not the mental :ROFLMAO:

This year, I will have AD HD in my 3 wood and my two UWs. I think that they will be lots of fun in those slots. I suspect that my driver will have either AD HD or Ventus TR.

I have a friend that has the AD-DI shaft in his hybrid and 3w. He gave me an extra to put in my Epic Hybrid. The ball flight was night and day.

Since then I’ve put the same in my 4w and Epic Max driver. When he played the other day his first reaction was my ball flight in the driver. Said a much better fit for my swing. FWIW the biggest difference I feel with this shaft is the actual impact of hitting the ball. I feel more connected to the shot of that makes sense?

I’ve never been a big person with switching shafts and such, but this was a game changer for me. These are not cheap but feel the overall difference in ball flight and handling as well worth it.

I really kinda want to hit the XC….

Yeah, I think I'm going to order an XC

Should I blind buy an IZ in black? I like HZRD RDX Blue. I like the Evenflow series. I have a riptide currently.

I also like the HD, but that more due to the colorway.
About 10-12 years ago I swung a DI 7X once in a Ping Raptor and thought it was fine.

That's all I know about these shafts. I feel like it's an itch that needs to be scratched since it's the middle of winter in CLE.

Should I blind buy an IZ in black? I like HZRD RDX Blue. I like the Evenflow series. I have a riptide currently.

About 10-12 years ago I swung a DI 7X once in a Ping Raptor and thought it was fine.

That's all I know about these shafts. I feel like it's an itch that needs to be scratched since it's the middle of winter in CLE.
I have not hit the IZ, but honestly, having hit the DI, GP, TP, XC and HD, they all work and have that smooth feeling that Graphite Design is known for. I think it is a matter of what launch and spin profile you want and then choosing the corresponding shaft.

Wanted to bump this as it’s a good, and surprising, example of how shaft changes might not make the differences we think they will in our head, and are instead much more about fine tuning. (y)
This was so eye opening and so much fun. Still not sure why I don't have one of these haha

I have not hit the IZ, but honestly, having hit the DI, GP, TP, XC and HD, they all work and have that smooth feeling that Graphite Design is known for. I think it is a matter of what launch and spin profile you want and then choosing the corresponding shaft.
Thanks. I'll have to think about that part of it a little more.

This was so eye opening and so much fun. Still not sure why I don't have one of these haha
You need one. You must have one. Otherwise, your life is incomplete and meaningless.

What is your favorite shaft currently? What do you like the feel of the most? That can help point you in the right direction with Graphite Design.

XC 7X acquired .

I have Riptide 60g S flex in my Callaway Epic MAX LS driver.
When I play often, it can get a little squirrelly...a little left, a lot right.
But if I'm playing 1nce a week, it's fine. Weird situation.
I like a shaft that I feel I can load, but not too much.
I do like the middle of the shaft to be somewhat softer, but not crazy soft.

I love my 5 wood shaft, but I never see it online. It was the stock shaft for the GBB before the OG Epic series fo clubs.
I'd get this for my driver, well it would be one of them :)
It's Fuji Motore Speeder 665. I feel like I can hammer my 5 wood or just "smooth" it.
Not sure what this is in their current line or what it would translate to a GD shaft.

This all may seem a little jumbled, but I'm just trying to paint a picture.

I love my 5 wood shaft, but I never see it online. It was the stock shaft for the GBB before the OG Epic series fo clubs.
It's Fuji Motore Speeder 665. I feel like I can hammer my 5 wood or just "smooth" it.
Not sure what this is in their current line or what it would translate to a GD shaft.

Honestly, from what you are describing, I would point you to either the DI or TP. The DI launches higher, but otherwise, they feel very similar and I think they would fit what you are seeking extremely well.

I want to say this video pushed me to talk more closely at the AD HD shaft, which I would have probably not considered too seriously just based on the description of the shaft but seeing the performance and comparison of numbers was super useful.

The ADIZ and the ADHD would be the two I’d be testing you in. TheIZ is softer in the mid section.

49DB4AA3-15F1-412A-8FB1-9FBC6352CAE3.jpeg

C490CD40-D8E3-45E6-9900-B6051D791014.jpeg

Hello
I have a IZ in my LTDx and feel I’m leaving yardage. Was longer with my F9 and Atmos Blue and with my SIM2 with a KDS TD.
Thinking of going to a DI or XC…

Back