TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

I am starting to contemplate getting a 4h now after the range session today. My 2h lofted up is so fun to hit. My miss with it is still a weak fade so need to make sure I am committed to hitting this. I can hit this super high and mid trajectory. I wouldn't call anything I hit low but this club is an all star

I am starting to contemplate getting a 4h now after the range session today. My 2h lofted up is so fun to hit. My miss with it is still a weak fade so need to make sure I am committed to hitting this. I can hit this super high and mid trajectory. I wouldn't call anything I hit low but this club is an all star
Lofted up to what degree?

I ask as last night I was bombing it but a tad low as 17 degree. Kinda ropey draws that would run for days in the fairway but maybe not a good for green seeking.

Lofted up to what degree?

I ask as last night I was bombing it but a tad low as 17 degree. Kinda ropey draws that would run for days in the fairway but maybe not a good for green seeking.
I went +1.5 on the 17* So my Driver was +1 my 3W is -1.5 and my 2h is +1.5 or 10* 13* and 18.5*

I went +1.5 on the 17* So my Driver was +1 my 3W is -1.5 and my 2h is +1.5 or 10* 13* and 18.5*
I'm envisioning going the other way if the 3 wood slot starts misbehaving as my second tee club, or leave it standard if I can get better launch and dispersion with the 2h compared to the 3/4w when it green seeking, or getting just a bit more distance than the 3h to replace that one while keeping the 3 wood in the bag.

Basically with all the adjustability I knew I wanted to have it in the stable to give me top of the bag flexibility.

I am using the 2h instead of 5W and big tour 3w is basically my 2nd driver. I am playing at 10 deg driver, 13.5 deg on 3w and 17 deg on 2h. I haven’t really settled in with the hybrid yet on what loft and where I put the weights. Haven’t had it long.

So I just saw the Cobra website that adjustable weights for the King Tec are sold online as well as in 10g and 14g weights beyond the 12g stock for those interested

That distance can play for me on a cold January night… be fun to get this one on the course

064BEE9E-D17B-4422-8B7C-74A341184882.png

I’m really enjoying the birthday present I got myself, the 2H.

Kept this one under the close tree and then a little cut around the tall one guarding the green (disregard the chili dip wedge out of the slushy lie 🤣)

Being able to feel confident of working the ball like that with a hybrid is a neat trick.

AB6975C6-E9A8-4201-8E06-7E188207979A.jpeg81F38627-8BAD-4D6E-A566-5B1085CB01E1.jpeg

My 3H is either going to be lofted up to 20.5 or I am going to have to remove the 5 wood for a 3 wood (see LTDx thoughts) and then combine my Radspeed hybrids to another King Tec or game a 4 iron. This thing is fast and powerful. Has created a good gap problem at a struggle point in the bag for most amateurs.

The King Tec is the best hybrid I have ever hit. I have always struggled with hitting hybrids left but not this one. I thought I would need to put it in a fade setting and haven’t. I did try it briefly in the draw setting and that does go left on me, but the neutral setting is really good for my swing. I am not sure what loft to play it at really. I have been playing it at 17 degrees but think I will try 18 degrees this weekend. I really need 200-210 and 17 seems to be more 210-220 for me.

The King Tec is the best hybrid I have ever hit. I have always struggled with hitting hybrids left but not this one. I thought I would need to put it in a fade setting and haven’t. I did try it briefly in the draw setting and that does go left on me, but the neutral setting is really good for my swing. I am not sure what loft to play it at really. I have been playing it at 17 degrees but think I will try 18 degrees this weekend. I really need 200-210 and 17 seems to be more 210-220 for me.
I have tried pretty much all the adjustments and those weights and the loft sleeve work as advertised.

I have tried pretty much all the adjustments and those weights and the loft sleeve work as advertised.
I agree. I’ve tried them all and it’s the one club that stops me from purchasing an Apex UW

I agree. I’ve tried them all and it’s the one club that stops me from purchasing an Apex UW
Me too! Me too!

it’s been fun to set it up depending on what shots I know I’ll have off the tee, course dependent

This hybrid is so good. I did not play well off the tee today but this club got me out of a lot of trouble today. It has become point and shoot with it and I am loving it.

This hybrid is so good. I did not play well off the tee today but this club got me out of a lot of trouble today. It has become point and shoot with it and I am loving it.
I’ve been flirting with the thoughts of getting the 4H and taking the two RADSpeed out of the bag. It’s so easy to use. I don’t feel like I have to muscle it to make it work.

I miss hitting my King Tec hybrids...

winter sucks...

That is all.

I miss hitting my King Tec hybrids...

winter sucks...

That is all.
I got to hit mine today. I kinda wish they made it in a 15 degree!

Winter and 60 deg does not suck!

Got out today and faced some pretty nasty wind gusts. The boring trajectory of the 2H for me was a champ this afternoon. It just didn’t care about the wind. Part of that may have been tim he toe strike, but even out on the toe the thing just stayed straight.

Such an under discussed club…

The Morgan Cup guys will have some clubs decisions to make. @GraniteRoost @lukemartin93 @mtbloco @HarlettoScara

Got out today and faced some pretty nasty wind gusts. The boring trajectory of the 2H for me was a champ this afternoon. It just didn’t care about the wind. Part of that may have been tim he toe strike, but even out on the toe the thing just stayed straight.

The Morgan Cup guys will have some clubs decisions to make. @GraniteRoost @lukemartin93 @mtbloco @HarlettoScara
I’ve never really gotten along with hybrids. Testing the great ones that Cobra offers will be another interesting storyline on my journey to the MC.

I’ve never really gotten along with hybrids. Testing the great ones that Cobra offers will be another interesting storyline on my journey to the MC.
I was fine off the deck with them but hook city off the tee with other hybrid models. The RadSpeed hybrid iI still get a little of that with but it’s just not there with the King Tec. Definitely worth testing some.

I do like my hybrids 🤔🤔

I was fine off the deck with them but hook city off the tee with other hybrid models. The RadSpeed hybrid iI still get a little of that with but it’s just not there with the King Tec. Definitely worth testing some.
I’m prone to over swinging a hybrid. So go hook City. And try to swing it like a FW since I’m such a sweeper to begin with.

This is great feedback. 👊

I love a hybrid in the 3 spot. I really enjoyed plaing F9 Speedback driver and 3w in 2019 but did not get the chance to put the hybrid in play that year. I've been looking forward to a Cobra hybrid since.

I’m prone to over swinging a hybrid. So go hook City. And try to swing it like a FW since I’m such a sweeper to begin with.
Try my King Tec. I have never got along with a hybrid until this one. The adjustability with this is what made me take the leap back onto the hybrid train and I love it.

Try my King Tec. I have never got along with a hybrid until this one. The adjustability with this is what made me take the leap back onto the hybrid train and I love it.
Thanks. I absolutely will. Next time we play!

Back