Played a few holes with a buddy today. Though wet and some snow still on ground, I hit these HMPs good...the flight and distance was awesome and its only Feb in IL. Love being back into the Recoil shafts
I'm really looking forward to some nice 70-80 degree weather to see how these are going to do Can't wait.

Does anyone here play the JPX 921 Sand Wedge, and if so, how do you like it?
I only went to the GW in the forged and have been glad I did.

Glad you have the club, or glad you stopped at that club?
Glad I have the club. It basically bridges the difference between the cavity backed irons and the bladed speciality wedges for me with its design. A little help is there for the full swings but it doesn’t quite have that jumpy face so controlled chips and pitches are easy. It might not have the most versatile grind to do a lot with in close, but if I’m within 30 yards and need to get cute with a shot it’s likely the 54 or 58.

Glad I have the club. It basically bridges the difference between the cavity backed irons and the bladed speciality wedges for me with its design. A little help is there for the full swings but it doesn’t quite have that jumpy face so controlled chips and pitches are easy. It might not have the most versatile grind to do a lot with in close, but if I’m within 30 yards and need to get cute with a shot it’s likely the 54 or 58.
Good to know. I struggle with my GW so you're giving me hope that it's a useful club and I shouldn't buy a specialty wedge.

Good to know. I struggle with my GW so you're giving me hope that it's a useful club and I shouldn't buy a specialty wedge.
Honestly, it might be favorite club of the set, so much so that when I play with my Cobra irons I’m tempted to keep it in the bag. Hope you have similar luck with it. It for sure worth giving a go if you’ve already have it coming.

Honestly, it might be favorite club of the set, so much so that when I play with my Cobra irons I’m tempted to keep it in the bag. Hope you have similar luck with it. It for sure worth giving a go if you’ve already have it coming.
I've had mine since mid-August last year, maybe played it 4-5 rounds? We did not get along at first impression.

I've had mine since mid-August last year, maybe played it 4-5 rounds? We did not get along at first impression.
What’s funny is I didn’t like it at all for my first rounds as well but it’s certainly grown on me

Most snow was gone yesterday and still wet, but only walked out to hit some 8&9i. Oh so good!!!
now we are dealt with rain, ice, sleet and now snow. Don’t know when I’ll get back out UGH

Golf USA did mine. I just reached out to a guy via text who might no some details so if I hear something I will share here.

I took the HMPs to Global Golf and they were only make 1/2 adjustments. The club guy there felt like if he tried to do more it would snap. It appears Golf Galaxy is correct.

Haven't posted in here in a bit, so thought I would follow up now that I have had more time with the 921 HM's. First off, the feel is SO good on these irons. Even using them for chipping around the green just feels nice. I just wanted to start with that because it's something that has stuck out to me since I got these and I'm still smiling about it.

The real story though, is performance. I've seen distance increases since day one, but just recently decided try something new when hitting my irons. I've started dialing back the swing to about 90-95% rather than a full out 100. I can do this and still get the same distance, or a bit better, as I had with my Rocketbladez, which wasn't bad. I'm also much more accurate this way. Sunday I played 9 holes and hit 6 greens. Of the 3 I missed, only one did I have an iron in hand. That one I caught a little heavy, but still was only about a yard short of hitting the green. I'm just impressed with the distance I can get while taking a smooth and easy swing. I'm really looking forward to longer days and warmer weather so I'll have more time to practice with these.

I took the HMPs to Global Golf and they were only make 1/2 adjustments. The club guy there felt like if he tried to do more it would snap. It appears Golf Galaxy is correct.
My guy never got back with me, but that is crazy they where only able to move them that far. Hope mine don't get out of whack if they have changed their policy. Wouldn't be any fun to have to ship back to Mizuno to have them done.

My guy never got back with me, but that is crazy they where only able to move them that far. Hope mine don't get out of whack if they have changed their policy. Wouldn't be any fun to have to ship back to Mizuno to have them done.

Exactly. Hard to believe that Mizuno would make an iron that can only be adjusted by them. I am assuming it would take at least a few weeks for that process.

Will see if this trend continues, but the scoring irons just shine out of the forged for me and north of 40% is well above my average. There is a lot of playability and foregiveness in really good feeling irons.

(and yes, working on my leaky fade but I can work with that overall consistency)

1645582445656.png

Your graph would mimic mine I'd say - indicating either bang on or short/short right.

Your graph would mimic mine I'd say - indicating either bang on or short/short right.
Got to love a leaky fade. I think the numbers would say I’d want the 60% miss to be spread equally but knowing the one miss can make things easier at times.

Have you thought about really trying to balance it out or simply dance with the one that brought you?

Got to love a leaky fade. I think the numbers would say I’d want the 60% miss to be spread equally but knowing the one miss can make things easier at times.

Have you thought about really trying to balance it out or simply dance with the one that brought you?
So curiously enough, as I am still rebuilding my neglected swing, I have found that my misses are still push fade/slices... but when I really get ahold of a ball I will turn them over into a draw. Go figure I have no actual pattern except being shorter than I expect.

So initially I felt I was upsold into the 4 iron at the shop so it hasn't seen a ball yet. I think I need to change that soon....

So initially I felt I was upsold into the 4 iron at the shop so it hasn't seen a ball yet. I think I need to change that soon....
I do find the 4 iron is not a club I reach for often as a result of the way I play, but it HAS been hit in the 5-6 rounds my irons saw last year before the snow flew.
When you get it crisp, boy is it crisp.

I do find the 4 iron is not a club I reach for often as a result of the way I play, but it HAS been hit in the 5-6 rounds my irons saw last year before the snow flew.
When you get it crisp, boy is it crisp.
It’s that whole when it’s crisp thought right? It’s hard to bag when I know the hybrid is so easy to play. That said, it will be fun to see how it goes on course. My play the up tees and use it off the tee to give it a workout.

It’s that whole when it’s crisp thought right? It’s hard to bag when I know the hybrid is so easy to play. That said, it will be fun to see how it goes on course. My play the up tees and use it off the tee to give it a workout.
That is my thinking currently as well. While I love it when I get it, i need more experience to get stats on how often I use it and how often I get it.
The thought of a hybrid is really entering my mind, at least between my 5W and 4i, if not to replace the 4i. My theory right now is to maybe look at having the 19 degree 5W as the off the tee club, and a 19 degree Hybrid as the grass/rough club, and the 4i under it...

That is my thinking currently as well. While I love it when I get it, i need more experience to get stats on how often I use it and how often I get it.
The thought of a hybrid is really entering my mind, at least between my 5W and 4i, if not to replace the 4i. My theory right now is to maybe look at having the 19 degree 5W as the off the tee club, and a 19 degree Hybrid as the grass/rough club, and the 4i under it...
That’s not a bad option. I initially got the 4 iron as I had a 19 deg hybrid old 4 iron so just going to replace it. Once I decided to go 4 hybrid though with Cobra I’m not sure I’ll ever fully go back with a 4 iron, or at least not one like the forged, now from what I’m reading I could easily game a hot metal 4 iron and that could be fun.

That’s not a bad option. I initially got the 4 iron as I had a 19 deg hybrid old 4 iron so just going to replace it. Once I decided to go 4 hybrid though with Cobra I’m not sure I’ll ever fully go back with a 4 iron, or at least not one like the forged, now from what I’m reading I could easily game a hot metal 4 iron and that could be fun.
Yea my struggle is trying to figure gapping. Hard to do that these days.

I had a 919 HM 4I and liked it. Then went with a JPX FliHi to replace it. It was money. When I went with the HMPs, did the same.

I had a 919 HM 4I and liked it. Then went with a JPX FliHi to replace it. It was money. When I went with the HMPs, did the same.
The local shop has some 921 Hot Metals currently for sale. I’m thinking about seeing if they will sell me the 4 and 5 from the top of the set. Or maybe look at the current FliHis just to mix it up a bit.

Back