TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

Try my King Tec. I have never got along with a hybrid until this one. The adjustability with this is what made me take the leap back onto the hybrid train and I love it.
I think that’s part of it. You can get it dialed in.

I also think there’s something to the MMT shaft to help keep the hooks at bay. Others more knowledgeable in the tech can speak better to it, but I think the metal mesh tip helps stabilize the whole package. Combine that with the PWRSHELL face and it’s bombs away!

I think that’s part of it. You can get it dialed in.

I also think there’s something to the MMT shaft to help keep the hooks at bay. Others more knowledgeable in the tech can speak better to it, but I think the metal mesh tip helps stabilize the whole package. Combine that with the PWRSHELL face and it’s bombs away!
I don’t have that shaft. I got the same Catalyst 80 that I have in my irons. My biggest problem with other hybrids were they always looked like they would hook at address and I would sometimes draw them and sometimes hook and then over compensate and slap them weak and to the right.

when I tried the King Tec at the standard settings, I couldn’t get the ball to go left and that is what I liked. I then was able to make some small adjustments with the settings and weights to straighten it out.

I have said it before, but I might buy another one of these at some point.

Last edited:
I have said it before, but I might by another one of these at some point.
You know it’s a good club when folks go back to get another. That’s what I did in adding the 2 hybrid and I’m not alone in that.

I’m lofting mine to 18 and the weights in a fade setting. It just goes. This club is the reason I hesitate to order an Apex UW.

Winter and 60 deg does not suck!

Got out today and faced some pretty nasty wind gusts. The boring trajectory of the 2H for me was a champ this afternoon. It just didn’t care about the wind. Part of that may have been tim he toe strike, but even out on the toe the thing just stayed straight.

Such an under discussed club…

The Morgan Cup guys will have some clubs decisions to make. @GraniteRoost @lukemartin93 @mtbloco @HarlettoScara
I completely agree with this, the King Tec seemed to arrive without a huge fanfare and has never really got the kudos it deserved, flat out the best hybrid I have ever hit by a country mile. There is an almost certain chance that there will be at least one of these in the bag going forwards.

This is great feedback. 👊

I love a hybrid in the 3 spot. I really enjoyed plaing F9 Speedback driver and 3w in 2019 but did not get the chance to put the hybrid in play that year. I've been looking forward to a Cobra hybrid since.
You'll love them, can pretty much guarantee it! The moveable weights do more to affect ball flight than any other weight system I've used pretty much. Such a versatile club, my only issues with them is that the might cause a gapping question or two because they are flat out rocket launchers!

This club was kind of a concern for me with the Apex UW arrival. They are both cannons but very different. I am playing this at 19 degrees in the draw settings with weights set in neutral position, MMT stiff shaft. I was able to hit some really high fades at 210-215 today on the simulator with ease. I highly recommend anyone in the hybrid market try this club

This club was kind of a concern for me with the Apex UW arrival. They are both cannons but very different. I am playing this at 19 degrees in the draw settings with weights set in neutral position, MMT stiff shaft. I was able to hit some really high fades at 210-215 today on the simulator with ease. I highly recommend anyone in the hybrid market try this club
What do you think the difference is?

The UW is a a full club to 1.5 longer. It’s 245 and the King Tec is 230. Both are workable and will remain in my bag.

Forgot to mention, ended up bagging the 2 hybrid and then eventually the 3 hybrid. Have the 2 set on 16 and have taken my 3 wood out of the bag. Absolutely love the feel of these clubs. Relatively forgiving too for my swing!

Wow. o_O

I made a new friend today.

My LGS was rockin' busy when I stopped through today. Nonetheless, I was able to sneak in for a quick 10-minute session. I hit a few "warmup" shots with a King Utility 4i. Then this was my first one with the King Tec 2h w/ MMT Stiff shaft. Crunch. 🤯

IMG_1320.jpg

Chased the above with another crunched one, but pulled it worse. Then I thinned one, and it held up VERY well not over-spinning, and landed on the center line. Then I smoked a couple of high draws peaking at 125ft and coming in at 46* from 240+ out. Off the deck. That will play, right?

After that fifth shot (perfect), I racked it. People waiting. What a cannon!

King Tec 2h.png

Last edited:
I've been hanging out today just blown away by the King Tec experience I had earlier today. I just read through this thread from start to finish and you all are raving about this. There are a ton of things that I like and work well for me with this one. It looks great at address with the graphite two-tone. I like the OS player shape that does not have as much high toe. And the way it sits behind the ball, just wow. I draw the ball and definitely appreciate a club that sits neutral to open, and this look is inviting to me.

I think I might need two they are so good.

Last edited:
I've been hanging out today just blown away by the King Tec experience I had earlier today. I just read through this thread from start to finish and you all are raving about this. There are a ton of things that I like and work well for me with this one. It looks great at address with the graphite two-tone. I like the OS player shape that does not have as much high toe. And the way it sits behind the ball, just wow. I draw the ball and definitely appreciate a club that sits nuetral to open, and this look is inviting to me.

I’m not sure I’ve ever enjoyed a club in this area of the bag as much as these.

I've been hanging out today just blown away by the King Tec experience I had earlier today. I just read through this thread from start to finish and you all are raving about this. There are a ton of things that I like and work well for me with this one. It looks great at address with the graphite two-tone. I like the OS player shape that does not have as much high toe. And the way it sits behind the ball, just wow. I draw the ball and definitely appreciate a club that sits nuetral to open, and this look is inviting to me.

it's a damn rocket launcher! Had 266 on a par 5 in the simulator and flushed one to 250....can hardly hit my driver that far!💪🏻 🤣

I just love this KingTec 2hybrid 😍

I’m gaming a 3H playing at 19 degrees and 240 is a very realistic number after roll. I can also play a high cut without much effort to do so. I wish the release of this club had more publicity.

I’m gaming a 3H playing at 19 degrees and 240 is a very realistic number after roll. I can also play a high cut without much effort to do so. I wish the release of this club had more publicity.
I agree, it's crazy just how under the radar this club is - definitely going to have at least one in my bag going forwards.

In my round yesterday I play the 2h twice with perfect results. Off the tee on a short par 4 this was point and shoot right to the middle of the fairway. On the very next hole my drive ended up in the desert on the right and I was able to hit a low bullet to just in front of the green on a par 5. Love this club. I should of taken it instead of a 4i on the next par 5 and I probably would have hit the green in 2 instead of being in greenside bunker.

In my round yesterday I play the 2h twice with perfect results. Off the tee on a short par 4 this was point and shoot right to the middle of the fairway. On the very next hole my drive ended up in the desert on the right and I was able to hit a low bullet to just in front of the green on a par 5. Love this club. I should of taken it instead of a 4i on the next par 5 and I probably would have hit the green in 2 instead of being in greenside bunker.
Does the open face help your left miss? I couldn't get past that open face for me

I don’t see mine as open. Not sure why. I even lowered the loft

Does the open face help your left miss? I couldn't get past that open face for me
I never see the club as open. I actually lofted up so that should close the club face a little.

I never see the club as open. I actually lofted up so that should close the club face a little.
me neither, but I've never been sensitive to open or closed faces at address

now during the swing I am very familiar with an open face :sneaky:

me neither, but I've never been sensitive to open or closed faces at address

now during the swing I am very familiar with an open face :sneaky:
The only open face I know is a sandwich. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back