TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

This club doesn’t feel open to me. Most of the other hybrids felt closed to me and I thought I was going to hook the shot before I even swung them.

I do need to relearn my bump and run with this being my only hybrid in the bag now

I do need to relearn my bump and run with this being my only hybrid in the bag now
Have to be careful with the bump and run with this club, damn thing is so hot that it's very easy to knock it 180 yards over the other side of the green :LOL:

Have to be careful with the bump and run with this club, damn thing is so hot that it's very easy to knock it 180 yards over the other side of the green :LOL:
It’s the only hybrid in the bag. I will only play the shot if it’s something I could possibly putt but the turf doesn’t let it.

Glad to see so many familiar names/forum buds using this club. I love it so much that besides my driver, my 2H(16*) and 3H(19*) are the only metals I have in my bag. It just feels…so good. And for being described as having a “players” head shape/size, I have personally found it to be pretty forgiving. My average carry with the 16* is 232 and if I mishit it pretty bad, it seems to only vary in accuracy by 10-15 yards at most and still fly 190-200! Can’t see them being knocked from my bag any time soon

Glad to see so many familiar names/forum buds using this club. I love it so much that besides my driver, my 2H(16*) and 3H(19*) are the only metals I have in my bag. It just feels…so good. And for being described as having a “players” head shape/size, I have personally found it to be pretty forgiving. My average carry with the 16* is 232 and if I mishit it pretty bad, it seems to only vary in accuracy by 10-15 yards at most and still fly 190-200! Can’t see them being knocked from my bag any time soon

That is awesome. Glad to hear your feedback, and that they are working so well for you.

Its an awesome club but I have one big complaint that I haven't seen addressed. Dirt. Its meant to be played off the ground and the adjustable weights and huge hosel hole get filled with dirt on any swing off the deck. It didn't look like it set open to me till @jdtox said something. ;)

I only used this twice today. It preformed excellent. I recommend it be on the list for anyone who is looking for a highly adjustable utility club

Its an awesome club but I have one big complaint that I haven't seen addressed. Dirt. Its meant to be played off the ground and the adjustable weights and huge hosel hole get filled with dirt on any swing off the deck. It didn't look like it set open to me till @jdtox said something. ;)
I like the dirt 🤷‍♂️

Admirable performance today. Nailed a few when needed. Second safest club in my bag behind the Apex UW. It is easy to take off distance and change ball flight.

Hit a couple of 2h off the tee to some tight fairways this morning. I have it set to 18 degrees and love the high ball flight with this club.

Last edited:
The confidence with these hybrids.… narrow par 4 that moves left (which is against my tendencies) and I straight split the fairway.

Kinda like the 9th hole during Alt Shot at TPC Vegas, right @jjsportz

The confidence with these hybrids.… narrow par 4 that moves left (which is against my tendencies) and I straight split the fairway.

Kinda like the 9th hole during Alt Shot at TPC Vegas, right @jjsportz
Couldn't have been a better shot! That shot got us the point.

Couldn't have been a better shot! That shot got us the point.
I’d argue that assessment of the full point, but I’ll take half a point from it, I vaguely recall another one after that ;)

How do these compare to the LTDx and Ping G425 Max hybrids? Distance and forgiveness.

How do these compare to the LTDx and Ping G425 Max hybrids? Distance and forgiveness.
LTDx is not adjustable. It seems a little more upright to me. You’d have to check length and lie angle to know for sure. Should be posted online.

I really like my King Tec. I also really enjoy the Ping 425 hybrid. I haven’t gamed it so that’s the reason I would lean King Tec. Go hit them and post results. That’s a shootout for sure.

I haven’t hit either. I felt I was allergic to all hybrids. I had a number of hybrids before the king Tec that never stuck.

to emphasize how non-fade bias king tec is: I have it setup in +1 draw and weights in the heel. I would have never thought I could setup a hybrid in draw setting before this one.

and this isn’t me being a cobra fan: the SZ hybrids did not work for me at all.

Limited use today but it done as expected. Only hybrids I have ever hit that is this stable are from Ping. No reason to consider moving it. Its an excellent club off of tee and deck.

Limited use today but it done as expected. Only hybrids I have ever hit that is this stable are from Ping. No reason to consider moving it. Its an excellent club off of tee and deck.
I’m sure it’s probably mentioned somewhere, but how is your weight and loft configured?

I’m sure it’s probably mentioned somewhere, but how is your weight and loft configured?
I have the 2 and 3 hybrids. Even though I tend to lose shots right I’ve got the weights standard and the the lofts standard in the draw setting to get in a degree more upright. This puts the lie settings in line with the RadSpeed hybird. I‘m wierd and the heavier weights both towards the heel didn’t work well for me.

The 2 hybrid bunches up a little bit off the deck with the 3 hybrid in terms of distance.

But give the LTDx hybrid a good look as well. I really enjoy the adjustability but part of me would be okay with a 3 and 4 hybrid I know are locked in and gap well.

I am set -1 and just recently moved the weights on the bottom to neutral. Was playing it as a fade only setting for gapping but the 17 UW is about 3 clubs longer that way. its about 1.5 clubs longer this way.

As @Scooby45 said, the LTDx is high quality as well. I like it really well to replace an iron and fill a gap. The rails aren't as pronounced which was a big feel issue for me. Radspeed hybrids worked well, just didn't feel like i could swing through them as well. This King Tec has no rails.

Back