Cobalt Q6 Laser Rangefinder Review

Picked one up during the Black Friday Sale and absolutely love it. As mentioned a million times previously the optics are exceptional. The display is the best and the form and weight are perfect. Only gripe I have and it’s literally a small one, the the activation button is just a little to….well, small. They should have made it a little larger to match how it fits in your hand. Like I said, not a big deal. For the price, it’s definitely the best on the market.

Had my first round with the Cobalt. It was so fast that I had to click twice to make sure I saw what I saw.

Had my first round with the Cobalt. It was so fast that I had to click twice to make sure I saw what I saw.
The most ensuring part was it always read back the same number every time I did this too. Absolutely love the idea of spot on accuracy time after time.

Second round with the Cobalt - like the first. I have complete confidence in it - even when it doesn't vibrate. Admittedly it is not as good as Bushnell at vibrating consistently. But the yardages are spot on and optics are outta' this world good.

Second round with the Cobalt - like the first. I have complete confidence in it - even when it doesn't vibrate. Admittedly it is not as good as Bushnell at vibrating consistently. But the yardages are spot on and optics are outta' this world good.
Do you hit the fire button right on the flag or do you hold it down to scan. Scanning usually resulted the best for me in getting lock ons.

Do you hit the fire button right on the flag or do you hold it down to scan. Scanning usually resulted the best for me in getting lock ons.

On the flag - perhaps I should scan a bit. But if you hit the flag, and it does hit it fast, it's good. The Cobalt just hits it faster and better than others with better optics and greater 7X magnification

On the flag - perhaps I should scan a bit. But if you hit the flag, and it does hit it fast, it's good. The Cobalt just hits it faster and better than others with better optics and greater 7X magnification
Absolutely! I was having the same lock on issue then I started scanning and the unit is able to decipher between trees and such and the pin and give the locked vibration. It was always the same as when I shot the pin but was always nice to have confirmation

First round with this today I thought it was pretty good. It seems to find the pin quickly and gives a number very quick. Never seemed to struggle to pick it up.

I do like having the slope feature. A couple times on big hills there was close to a 10 yard difference in the readings.

Only once did it vibrate for me. Kind of miss that feedback from the Bushnell when I aim straight at the flag. Only other thing I think would be nice would be the option to change the red color from red to black.

First round with this today I thought it was pretty good. It seems to find the pin quickly and gives a number very quick. Never seemed to struggle to pick it up.

I do like having the slope feature. A couple times on big hills there was close to a 10 yard difference in the readings.

Only once did it vibrate for me. Kind of miss that feedback from the Bushnell when I aim straight at the flag. Only other thing I think would be nice would be the option to change the red color from red to black.

Doesn't vibrate consistently but it's always right. Great optics

Try scanning a little when shooting the pin. Allows the unit to verify and then will vibrate once locked in. Had the same worry then figured it out with some testing, benefit is the locked on number and quick hit were usually the exact same.

Out at the range this evening and used the Cobalt to hit flags to get distances. I can’t say enough how great this unit is as it is fast, accurate, and love the ability to adjust the brightness which was terrific tonight as the sun started to go down.

Out at the range this evening and used the Cobalt to hit flags to get distances. I can’t say enough how great this unit is as it is fast, accurate, and love the ability to adjust the brightness which was terrific tonight as the sun started to go down.
The optics are just….well…perfect.

For those that have had a Cobalt for a full season, are you still enjoying it? I like what I've heard/seen so far, but the lack of both actual and slope yardage (displayed at the same time) is holding me back. I've gotten so used to that on my Bushnell. I suppose I don't need it, but having both and seeing the slope with my own eyes always gives me a little cross check on reasonableness.

For those that have had a Cobalt for a full season, are you still enjoying it? I like what I've heard/seen so far, but the lack of both actual and slope yardage (displayed at the same time) is holding me back. I've gotten so used to that on my Bushnell. I suppose I don't need it, but having both and seeing the slope with my own eyes always gives me a little cross check on reasonableness.
I still use and love the unit and would of lied to you if I said I thought about both at the same time as the slope has been spot every time I’ve needed it and on some considerable slopes at that. Worse case it’s a simple flip of the switch and a quick fire if you’re still uneasy about it.

I love it. Absolutely love it. Best out there imo.

This rangefinder is the best I’ve ever used. Ever. Any brand.

The optics are second to none. The speed is stellar, how easy it is to adjust brightness on gloomy or bright sunny days is under talked about, and there’s ample heft to it.

Literally all I want for it is a magnetic holder. I wish they’d create one.
James, do you think a skinnier strap like this frogger one could actually stay out of the way on it?
51CdyANSsAL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

James, do you think a skinnier strap like this frogger one could actually stay out of the way on it?
51CdyANSsAL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
No, because the Cobalt has a knob.

No, because the Cobalt has a knob.
Yeah I was hoping one of the skinnier straps might fit in front or behind the nob.

I may try it out with one of these as well.
61MnMf0FkqL._AC_SL1060_.jpg

Yeah I was hoping one of the skinnier straps might fit in front or behind the nob.

I may try it out with one of these as well.
61MnMf0FkqL._AC_SL1060_.jpg
Throwing it on the opposite side might work I’ll pull measurements later if you’d like.

@IceyShanks this is what goes on my rangefinder. This slips into the slot on the magnetic holder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 22
Back