TaylorMade STEALTH Fairways, Hybrids and Irons

I took some swings with the Stealth 22* hybrid. The shaft was Hzrdus Red, 6.0. It is a really good club. The Hzrdus Red felt incredible through the swing. The ball speeds and consistency were really good for that class of hybrid. I could easily have it in my bag. I doubt I will swing one again, because I am set up with the Callaway UW in 21*, but if I were looking, this would definitely be on my list, if I could get that shaft.

I have really enjoyed their last few hybrids. I have the 22 being delivered today (snow dependent). Interested to see how it is. Probably won't get to hit it until next week with our current snowstorm.

Their hybrids have imo been the best club of the last two releases from TM. They’re really really good.
as someone who traditionally hasn't gotten along with hybrids, I completely agree. Sim Max Rescue was amazingly accurate. Loved that it wasnt low spin and no real hot spots off the face sending 10 yards farther than what you expect

Got to hit my 22 degree hybrid for the first time at the range yesterday. Really impressed. I like the look compared to the SIMs. Feel is good and the performance was very good. I really think these hybrids are underrated. The drivers seem to get all the talk.

Got to hit my 22 degree hybrid for the first time at the range yesterday. Really impressed. I like the look compared to the SIMs. Feel is good and the performance was very good. I really think these hybrids are underrated. The drivers seem to get all the talk.
That’s great news. Actually, I think the hybrids and fairways have unfairly taken a backseat to the drivers for the last couple of releases. The SIM 2 fairways were incredible. I hit the Stealth 22 degree hybrid in my local store and it was very solid. The numbers were stellar. Enjoy it!

That’s great news. Actually, I think the hybrids and fairways have unfairly taken a backseat to the drivers for the last couple of releases. The SIM 2 fairways were incredible. I hit the Stealth 22 degree hybrid in my local store and it was very solid. The numbers were stellar. Enjoy it!

Yup, good numbers, really easy to hit and elevate, and minimal draw bias. Sits really nice and square too.

Hard not to be intrigued by the Stealth fairway woods! The V Sole has always been a hit and it seems like the Stealth Plus is a monster. Easy to imagine the 13.5° lofted down to 12° as a perfect mini driver and I’m guessing that low CG is still playable off the fairway if needed. Otherwise a 15° lofted down to 13.5° sounds like a winner too. How do you justify over $450 after taxes though for a fairway without considering a shaft change?

Hard not to be intrigued by the Stealth fairway woods! The V Sole has always been a hit and it seems like the Stealth Plus is a monster. Easy to imagine the 13.5° lofted down to 12° as a perfect mini driver and I’m guessing that low CG is still playable off the fairway if needed. Otherwise a 15° lofted down to 13.5° sounds like a winner too. How do you justify over $450 after taxes though for a fairway without considering a shaft change?
If you have to justify an equipment purchase, you are not a true internet golfer, LOL. Just kidding… The prices are out there for sure. The only way to justify it in my mind is if it would materially alter my scores. A long, low spinning 3 wood off of the deck is my recipe for having a shot to hit some par 5s in two. If I can hit a par 5 in two every round, I have just almost guaranteed a birdie, which impacts my score.

That’s how I would justify it, but I realize that my use is different than yours. Also, it ignores the fact that there are other options that do something similar, although there was not a 3 wood that was longer for me than the SIM 2 last year.

The swing speed is off here but I can’t ask for a better first swing with the 3h. After more time I’m pretty sure this will become my favorite club!

DDFF24D7-FA08-4CD9-9AA0-D5C2805A416B.jpeg

2nd session in now with the Stealth Rescue and its definitely my favorite club already. The original SIM Max hybrid was the best hybrid I ever played. I avoided hybrids for a long time bc most had left issues and every now and then a rocket that flies the green. SIM Max was the most consistent and easiest to hit hybrid I tried up until this point. I really think the Stealth 3h is going to be a great addition on course. It will be my long option if I need it for a par 5 but also a very reliable option off the tee

One of my buddies bought a Stealth (I can't remember if it's regular or Plus) 3 wood and he has been extremely impressed with it. He says he picked up several yards vs his previous fairway wood and the spin number was right in his window. He also bought the Stealth Plus driver and commented that he's more impressed by the fairway wood than he is the driver so far. I checked it out and it looks very good at address.

I was really excited about the feel and speed I was seeing with the Plus fairway, but then came home and saw the price tag. To each their own, but the cost delta between this and the others I was testing makes it hard to pull the trigger here.

I was really excited about the feel and speed I was seeing with the Plus fairway, but then came home and saw the price tag. To each their own, but the cost delta between this and the others I was testing makes it hard to pull the trigger here.
The plus 'version' has always been expensive. For generations. It also does some things the others don't and are pretty darn valuable to people that play them. And with the adjustability they more comparable to the super hybrid maybe. Their regular version fits in the pricing scheme of the others though. LTDxs - $300, Stealth $330, Rogues $350, etc.

The plus 'version' has always been expensive. For generations. It also does some things the others don't and are pretty darn valuable to people that play them. And with the adjustability they more comparable to the super hybrid maybe. Their regular version fits in the pricing scheme of the others though. LTDxs - $300, Stealth $330, Rogues $350, etc.
I hadn’t know the plus version has been set-up that way for some time so that’s good to know. Will be trying the standard next time in. Plus that Super Hybrid May get a go. I’m very negative of AOA so curious how that one will work out for me.

I received the Stealth 3 hl 3 wood a week ago looks great . I had the sim 2 max d 3wood last year and it was great , super easy to hit but a bit spiny. My swing improved over the season and was over drawing it. I hope the stealth will be lower spin and less draw basis . Aww but it will be a few weeks before I get to try it on the course .

I am really enjoying the 4 stealth hybrid. Hit it twice today. Once on a long par 3 that was playing around 200. Hit a nice high draw to about 10 feet. Then on 18 it’s a short par 5 and I had around 210 in and hit a nice mid high draw to about 15 feet. Find it very easy to hit and launch. Love the look at address.

My Stealth 5 rescue was delivered yesterday and it looks and feels great. Hit two balls into my net and both were right out of the center. Waiting on the 7 fairway head that has a scheduled arrival of March 30.
IMG_20220316_191522146_MP~2.jpg

Any feedback on the Stealth Irons? I realize they aren't scheduled to start shipping until April 1st but I expect some demos have been out in the wild.

Any feedback on the Stealth Irons? I realize they aren't scheduled to start shipping until April 1st but I expect some demos have been out in the wild.
I hit them some but it's been a WHILE now. Some of its pretty faded. I guess the biggest thing would be that I actually wanted to hit it. It's not my kind of iron but it was just impossible to deny how much better it looks than the Sim ones. They were pretty funky to my eye. These are way sleeker and cleaner. Bag and in hand appeal aren't even close imo.

I don't know how much help I can be on the actual hitting stuff. I mean they're crazy strong for me, so they were very fast and lower spinning and whatnot. They look better over the ball too. Less offset to my eye, shape is way less weird. Felt more familiar.

From what I saw for me and a couple others that took a turn they seemed to elevate really easily for how strong they were, and sounded a little better than previous version.

I mean they look good and they perform, and aren't crazy expensive. We're expecting them to sell really well here.

The Stealth hybrids are not getting the discussion that they deserve. I picked a 19* up to compare against my Callaway UWs. It is shafted with Hzrdus Red 6.0. Tonight, I hit it 3 times for my second shot on three par 5s. I hit it 238, 230 and 226 yards. It is a super easy club to hit. I can’t believe that I am saying this, but I might actually like it better than my Callaway UWs.

The Stealth hybrids are not getting the discussion that they deserve. I picked a 19* up to compare against my Callaway UWs. It is shafted with Hzrdus Red 6.0. Tonight, I hit it 3 times for my second shot on three par 5s. I hit it 238, 230 and 226 yards. It is a super easy club to hit. I can’t believe that I am saying this, but I might actually like it better than my Callaway UWs.
I hit these this weekend and liked them. They are very nice but I don’t know if I would put them in the bag over a UW, my King Tec or a Ping G425. I liked but didn’t love.

Completely agree here. You know I love the stealth driver but the 19* hybrid is probably my favorite club in the bag at the moment. Granted I don't have outdoor time with it yet but indoor play it has been my go to for short part 4's and longer par 5's

The UW's are amazing in their own right, a darn good club, but the stealth hybrid has been really fun to hit. Im seeing a slightly lower launch with the stealth than I did with the UW

I find it easier to hit than the UW. And fits me better. It’s a really good club.

Saw the Stealth irons in PGASS today. Man, these are nice looking GI irons…

Last edited:
Back