I could see that being problematic a bit, sure. I'm inclined to just go variable bounce on my 58 and 54, because the SouthEast does not exactly call for firm conditions nearly ever. Definitely not FL. Probably not Mississippi. I just don't see many instances where 6 would make a whole lot of sense.
Ease of use is king. I'm guilty of making the game much more difficult than I should. Lowest spin drivers with the stiffest shaft kinda idiot here. Game got a lot easier with just a versatile sole grind.

Ease of use is king. I'm guilty of making the game much more difficult than I should. Lowest spin drivers with the stiffest shaft kinda idiot here. Game got a lot easier with just a versatile sole grind.
Yup, I agree with this wholeheartedly. I went back and forth with different grinds a million times last year and just settled in versatile in all my wedges. Haven't looked back, can play them off almost any lie and any ground. Not much experience with the super hard ground obviously, but the versatile as handled everything I've thrown at it so far.

I could see that being problematic a bit, sure. I'm inclined to just go variable bounce on my 58 and 54, because the SouthEast does not exactly call for firm conditions nearly ever. Definitely not FL. Probably not Mississippi. I just don't see many instances where 6 would make a whole lot of sense.
With the way the leading edge sits low on these I’ve yet to see a spot where the 6 made sense for me.

Back