PING PLD Milled Putters

I thought you were ordering. Let's go

researching so that I don’t have the same problem I had with SAN proto I bought and hated. Already have shop credit lined up but just hate to waste $500 on a putter I’ll hate due to weighting. Have a call in to see if steel shaft is an option but have a feeling it’s going to be a hard no

Love everything about the anser 2 and Tyne 4. Would have loved it though if they used the pingman logo on the heel of the face instead of the big block “PLD”. Like they used to do on the older ansers. That would have looked absolutely incredible.

Did a thing today….! Anyone else joining me on the PLD train?

Did a thing today….! Anyone else joining me on the PLD train?
I may have a Tyne 4 on the way...

I'm still waiting for my Toulon and didn't plan on buying anything else but that Tyne design is one of my favorites. It's so well done, especially if it's more compact like the last PLD version.

I may have a Tyne 4 on the way...

I'm still waiting for my Toulon and didn't plan on buying anything else but that Tyne design is one of my favorites. It's so well done, especially if it's more compact like the last PLD version.

yes!!! Not really my style but Tyne does seem like a great option. Hope you roll it well and hopefully ships early given the pre order

I’ve got contemplation for the Anser when I realized it was naked with no flange line. May need to move a putter or two first though.

yes!!! Not really my style but Tyne does seem like a great option. Hope you roll it well and hopefully ships early given the pre order
Which model did you pull the trigger on?

Great write up @ddec !! I like what they have done with these quite a bit, they look clean and the badging/milling is good. I missed this somehow last week but read it over the weekend watching The Players. PLD logos poked sharp on TV.

Which model did you pull the trigger on?
Anser. Stock 34”. Closest retail offering I’ve seen to my dream putter so went with what i know.

Anyone able to find out more info on the graphite shaft in the Anser model?
I didn’t see any detailed response to this. Did you find anything else out? Is it just simply their Stroke Lab equivalent?

I didn’t see any detailed response to this. Did you find anything else out? Is it just simply their Stroke Lab equivalent?
I haven’t been able to find anything out about the shaft. Emails to CS haven’t been returned

I haven’t been able to find anything out about the shaft. Emails to CS haven’t been returned
Has Ping done a terrible job or what on these expensive putters? They arent hyping them much or releasing enough info. Just that they’re coming from the tour PLD group

I wrote that last night before bed without my glasses so a little correction as I was struggling lol. What I mean by Ping doing a terrible job it’s around the marketing and detailed information for their customer base to research. For a putter of this price range I’d expect all sorts of information to help me do the research and frankly justify the cost.

Rolled this a bit yesterday.. it was good. It felt and looks nice. But I was not in awe with it. The Tyne is the best of the bunch.

they all have these tiny grips on them.. I know you can change them. But they suck..(the grips that is)

A4C63D6C-E61D-4F32-A292-0E20C4932612.jpeg4ECFC115-4BCC-4E8D-BE6D-55C929138F5E.jpeg

Yes that looks perfect!!!

Rolled this a bit yesterday.. it was good. It felt and looks nice. But I was not in awe with it. The Tyne is the best of the bunch.

they all have these tiny grips on them.. I know you can change them. But they suck..(the grips that is)

View attachment 9076446View attachment 9076447
That is an aggressive look with no alignment line. Black adds to it IMO. Great pictures and notes 👊🏻

That is an aggressive look with no alignment line. Black adds to it IMO. Great pictures and notes 👊🏻
I like the look. Just wast blown away by them. I could play the Tyne.

20220328_004442.jpg20220328_004501.jpg

E2FB46DF-D56B-4A6E-A3BD-C3126A9A68C6.jpeg
Man the milling on this is great. Reminds me of a blend between Artisan putters and the Scotty retail release couple years ago that was deep milled. The naked top line is just perfect!

Also WTH with the top secret status on the specs or even details of the graphite shaft in this thing!!!???

First round scheduled for this weekend. Stock grip isn’t anything special but I see why they went with it. Having trouble with the balance point of the graphite shaft as it pertains to overall feel during practice strokes with the putter. Might get a chance to roll a couple outside today so I’ll report back

View attachment 9076923
Man the milling on this is great. Reminds me of a blend between Artisan putters and the Scotty retail release couple years ago that was deep milled. The naked top line is just perfect!

Also WTH with the top secret status on the specs or even details of the graphite shaft in this thing!!!???

PING being PING.

But yeah, that milling looks damn good.

Back