PING PLD Milled Putters

View attachment 9076923
Man the milling on this is great. Reminds me of a blend between Artisan putters and the Scotty retail release couple years ago that was deep milled. The naked top line is just perfect!

Also WTH with the top secret status on the specs or even details of the graphite shaft in this thing!!!???
awesome picture. 👍

Man, I cannot wait for my Tyne to show up. Could be any day now. Or, since we're talking Ping, it could be in July haha.
I'll be honest I hate fangs, and mallets, and everything about the individual pieces of that thing normally. But I REALLY like that thing. Balance, feel, and roll. I've been trying to be good, but it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, and that's in the case, in my my length, right be where I'll be running errands tomorrow...

I'll be honest I hate fangs, and mallets, and everything about the individual pieces of that thing normally. But I REALLY like that thing. Balance, feel, and roll. I've been trying to be good, but it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, and that's in the case, in my my length, right be where I'll be running errands tomorrow...
I am the same way. I bought the insert Tyne 4 on a flyer this off season because when I picked it up off the rack it was instant comfort. I just hate inserts more than fangs or mallets haha. So, when they announced the PLD lineup the week after I bought it, it was a no brainer.

PING being PING.

But yeah, that milling looks damn good.
It’s weird because the other 3 members here posted they love the Tyne with steel after just moments of picking it up where as the anser with graphite is a little different. Going to be interesting with this one. Probably end up going with 75cc tour SNSR grip soon

I'm the exact same way. I'm not a mallet guy and I've never liked the 7 shape but this model is so comfortable in my hand. The low profile and flowing style just does it for me. I tried the last PLD Tyne but didn't love the smooth face so I'm hoping this milling is the magic combination.

Looks like the Prime Tyne will be in hand on Friday. Cannot wait.

It’s a tri sole and naked - doesn’t get any better than this 572FC0D9-D58A-423E-9B28-B51DDE3CF883.jpegD363322F-3115-4869-8C67-33A97FD3D0A8.jpeg008F40BA-5A8B-4130-B3B6-2CCBDAA67290.jpeg82B1C4ED-3602-47C1-8BEE-B45B00CF1D82.jpeg44AE8D6F-A0D1-4F79-8A67-F3FB6D724F6F.jpeg

Rolled the DS 72 and Anser 2 this afternoon. I wasn’t blown away but they are right there with the rest of the milled market in terms of feel, fit, and finish in my opinion. Ping putter fans should be excited about this one.

Still waiting on mine. It looks great - closest retail putter to my dream putter so i preorded. Kinda still worried about the graphite shaft. I only had one other putter that had a graphite shaft and for some reason it made the head feel heavier than i was used to and i struggled with it badly. Hopefully mine comes soon.

Still waiting on mine. It looks great - closest retail putter to my dream putter so i preorded. Kinda still worried about the graphite shaft. I only had one other putter that had a graphite shaft and for some reason it made the head feel heavier than i was used to and i struggled with it badly. Hopefully mine comes soon.
Sounds familiar. What’s your dream putter and how are you hoping the anser will meet that expectation?

Sounds familiar. What’s your dream putter and how are you hoping the anser will meet that expectation?

I dont think my dream putter really exists. Ive seen some circle T's that are really close but the expense would be way out of range for me. My true dream putter would be an all matte black newport 2 shape with a long plumbers neck or long slant neck 1/4 toe hang that is 345G with no sightline deep milled face. All paintfill would be gloss black. Thats the dream lol.

Im just hoping the anser headweight feels good to me, if that feels good im going to love it. I love the look of the pld and the deep milled face. Right now i have a nike "the oven" newport 2 style with no sightline but the rzn grooves in the face is why im exploring again. Hoping this one is the magic stick.

Last edited:
I dont think my dream putter really exists. Ive seen some circle T's that are really close but the expense would be way out of range for me. My true dream putter would be an all matte black newport 2 shape with a long plumbers neck or long slant neck 1/4 toe hang that is 345G with no sightline deep milled face. All paintfill would be gloss black. Thats the dream lol.

dang that sounds pretty damn great. I pulled the trigger on PLD for the same reason as you but my dream putter does exist already but way out of my price comfort. So far inside on carpet the PLD is exceeding expectations. I’ll know more after Saturday but it’s looking good

Reactions: KEV
dang that sounds pretty damn great. I pulled the trigger on PLD for the same reason as you but my dream putter does exist already but way out of my price comfort. So far inside on carpet the PLD is exceeding expectations. I’ll know more after Saturday but it’s looking good
How does the graphite shaft feel?

How does the graphite shaft feel?
Surprisingly well considering I’ve found out nothing about specs or how it’s intended to play/feel. Definitely not a stroke lab/balanced type feel but more of lightweight stable feel that in stock configuration allows the user to feel the head throughout the putting stroke but doesn’t come across head heavy

Surprisingly well considering I’ve found out nothing about specs or how it’s intended to play/feel. Definitely not a stroke lab/balanced type feel but more of lightweight stable feel that in stock configuration allows the user to feel the head throughout the putting stroke but doesn’t come across head heavy
So, I am somewhat sure that UST makes some or all of their graphite wood shafts. I wonder if this graphite putter shaft is related to the new UST putter shaft they've been posting about testing on social media.

So, I am somewhat sure that UST makes some or all of their graphite wood shafts. I wonder if this graphite putter shaft is related to the new UST putter shaft they've been posting about testing on social media.
Yeah I’ve spoken with a couple different people (non ping employees) and they were thinking the same thing but since no one knows for sure Im hesitant to say either way. But it’s definitely interesting

It's ridiculous to me that they put no information out about the shaft. Wouldn't you think they would push it as a selling point?

1648826485632.jpeg

Back