Therabody RecoveryAir JetBoots Review

For those of you using these, obviously it helps with muscle issues, but have you noticed joint issues being relieved such as ankle stiffness?
I get some ankle swelling from time to time, having rolled my left ankle a number of times doing various sports. It has felt nice on that, maybe some relief, but hasn't eliminated all pain and swelling.

Been on my feet a lot this weekend, going to cue these up for some recovery and relaxation.

Bump up to see if there are any questions. I am going to do my single leg experiment here in the next week or so. Only use boot on one leg to see the difference.

Could everyone list their height and size of unit they got?

I'm 6'0" and have a Medium

5'8" and got medium. It is a close fit and usually I end up spreading legs to get best fit with the medium. LOL

5'9" and a medium. As I mentioned very early, it's up there on the legs. I'd be really interested in how a small fits lol

5'9" and a medium. As I mentioned very early, it's up there on the legs. I'd be really interested in how a small fits lol
My wife is 5'4" and tried the mediums and her feet were not in the feet which can get painful. She liked the 75 mmHg

Morning after the first use! To recap, I had a two hour soccer practice (I coach but do everything with the boys) last night was a good mix of medium to intense work. Came out of practice with a VERY sore right leg in my calf/achilles area. So much so that I was limping after practice. Used the boots on 75 mmHg for 20 minutes and 100mmHg for 20 minutes.

When I say I was limping, I was really limping. It was hard to walk and it stiffened my entire leg before I used the Jetboots. Was still pretty sore after but it was much better than when I started. I was worried it was a bit of temporary relief and I'd be back to being hobbled this morning. Also to preface, I did zero stretching because I wanted to see if these alone would fix it.

Unfortunately, I should have stretched since I'm still tight 😅 But goodness if I don't feel much better than I thought I would. Like I said, still tight, but zero limp and I feel like I could get back out and practice again! Very pleasantly surprised after one use

Now soccer practice doesn't usually put my legs in to super sore territory like a full leg day workout, so I can't really speak on full leg recovery. I feel relatively the same as I think I would have besides my calf. But this is a great first impression.

Next up this weekend will be 18 holes both Saturday and Sunday walking and carrying. Full leg day workout will start next week to really get this testing in to high gear. And a leg day, especially since I haven't done one in MONTHS, will severely impact my mobility. It's going to be the making noises just trying to sit down the next day kind of workout. This is going to be "fun" 😅:LOL:
So would you say these helped the Achilles tightness because I’m limping around the office like an idiot today 😬

So would you say these helped the Achilles tightness because I’m limping around the office like an idiot today 😬
Oh man, did they ever. I used it that night, and the next and the achilles felt brand new. I do think this is more beneficial when combined with stretching but it does a great job on it's own too

Been on my feet a lot this weekend, going to cue these up for some recovery and relaxation.
A long weekend on my feet, did a session of 40 minutes at 75 and the legs felt real good afterwards, and on Monday morning. I did have some knee pain before using the boots, and it was still there after. A little bit less sure, but probably would have felt the same with just rest.

I'm 5'8", although my last physical says 5'9"(super exciting). Anyway, I have the medium.

A long weekend on my feet, did a session of 40 minutes at 75 and the legs felt real good afterwards, and on Monday morning. I did have some knee pain before using the boots, and it was still there after. A little bit less sure, but probably would have felt the same with just rest.
What kind of knee pain are we talking?

What kind of knee pain are we talking?
Nothing crazy, mainly some dull nagging pain that I get from time to time. I can walk fine, but it's definitely noticeable.

Nothing crazy, mainly some dull nagging pain that I get from time to time. I can walk fine, but it's definitely noticeable.
I have all around bad knees, but the big thing that really puts me out of commission is joint-line pain. Curious (probably fantasizing) if these would help.

I have all around bad knees, but the big thing that really puts me out of commission is joint-line pain. Curious (probably fantasizing) if these would help.

I think these are for sure more for muscle recovery than joint recovery. That's just my thoughts though since I haven't had a knee flare up or anything while using

Monday nights my legs were surprisingly sore from an Elliptical workout that afternoon. I repeated the workout midday Tuesday then came home and used the RecoveryAir boot (60m/75mm). Today my legs feel great but my left hip is barking. Notably, the boot doesn’t reach the hip area. Coincidence???

I think I finally got these to fit correctly. :LOL:

I made sure my foot was flat on the feet part and had some bunch up under my knees and hamstrings. I didn't worry about pulling up as high as possible. Felt even better around feet.

Monday nights my legs were surprisingly sore from an Elliptical workout that afternoon. I repeated the workout midday Tuesday then came home and used the RecoveryAir boot (60m/75mm). Today my legs feel great but my left hip is barking. Notably, the boot doesn’t reach the hip area. Coincidence???
I've actually noticed this a few times. Pain right above the areas the boots can't reach. Where the boots were, feeling a lot better.

I haven't used these in two days and my legs feel a little heavy. I got in to a routine with these and now that I haven't used them, I feel different. Not worse, just different.

At the gym, using the hydromassage and massage chair machines. The RecoveryAir Jetboots are so soothing in comparison.

I've been trying these on the 100 setting the past couple of nights. After walking 18 yesterday, and crawling around a church attic for a while. 100 at 40 minutes. Felt good, but my legs still felt a bit tired this morning. After moving around a bit, they feel much better. Walking 18 again today so we will see how my legs hold up.

I've been using these with every conceivable type of pants/shorts from jeans, cotton sweats, performance material pants, gym shorts, jeans, and I haven't really had any discomfort with any type of pants. I was expecting some wearing jeans, but it really hasn't been bad at all.

I've been using these with every conceivable type of pants/shorts from jeans, cotton sweats, performance material pants, gym shorts, jeans, and I haven't really had any discomfort with any type of pants. I was expecting some wearing jeans, but it really hasn't been bad at all.
This right here is some good feedback. I tried to wear them ONLY with shorts since I didn't know if there was any discomfort with anything else or if the benefits were any different.

Back