TaylorMade STEALTH Fairways, Hybrids and Irons

I hit a Stealth Plus hybrid today. Someone had been talking to me about it and I wanted to give it a go. 2 thoughts.

- It's small and fast
- An 80S RDX Red is a HORRIFIC fit for me in a hybrid. :LOL:

I hit a Stealth Plus hybrid today. Someone had been talking to me about it and I wanted to give it a go. 2 thoughts.

- It's small and fast
I wonder who was talking to you about it.

I wonder who was talking to you about it.
I like to think it was someone who quite thoughtfully intended to rile me up so I would go medieval on a course with my TCBs after.

Because otherwise...

:LOL:

I like to think it was someone who quite thoughtfully intended to rile me up so I would go medieval on a course with my TCBs after.

Because otherwise...

:LOL:
But you can see why someone was saying it is a super good iron replacement for players who don’t have high swing speeds.

But you can see why someone was saying it is a super good iron replacement for players who don’t have high swing speeds.
Well the other two guys I was with were loving it. And one of them hit it better than the UWs. So yeah, it seemed nice enough. I on the other hand couldn't see the face in poor light, and knew before I even took a full swing with it that the feel of the shaft was going to be a struggle. I hadn't hit a hybrid in a stretch either. So the whole thing was weird right from the start. Disturbing really. lol I'll hit it again this coming week with something else if I can. They have to have a black in there somewhere.

One thing I will say that I feel strongly about with it compared to what it play. It sounds faster, but not as good imo.

- It's small and fast
RDX Red isn't a good fit for me either :LOL:

The Stealth Plus 3 wood is so good for me. I hit it three times today, twice off the tee and once from the fairway on a par 5. I hooked the fairway shot a bit, but it still put me in position to flip a little pitch up onto the green and have a birdie look. The two tee shots were long and straight. Right now, Arccos is telling me that my Smart Distance with 3 wood is 266, which is only 7 yards less than driver and that is crazy long for me.

CFBBE228-78B4-44D9-A2D4-ABB6C8E20DFD.jpeg

That’s almost too long! My 16.5 is gapping perfectly in front of my Hy-Wood. It is very easy for me to smoke it off the fairway.

The Stealth Plus 3 wood is so good for me. I hit it three times today, twice off the tee and once from the fairway on a par 5. I hooked the fairway shot a bit, but it still put me in position to flip a little pitch up onto the green and have a birdie look. The two tee shots were long and straight. Right now, Arccos is telling me that my Smart Distance with 3 wood is 266, which is only 7 yards less than driver and that is crazy long for me.

View attachment 9081679
I found my 16.5 is about 15-20y shorter than my driver...almost perfect gapping. The issue I have is my SimTi 5w is a little too close to the 3w when well struck. I had to loft that up to gap better, but it looks closed to my eye and can lead to hooks

I am not trying to gap in a 3 wood. I would like it to give me 250 off the turf. My desire is that it gives me a chance to reach par 5s in two. I also want it to be super straight off the tee. This seems to do both.

I am going to hit a stealth 3h to see what it is about. I am really, really pleased with the 3HL and want to see if the hybrid is as appealing.

I am going to hit a stealth 3h to see what it is about. I am really, really pleased with the 3HL and want to see if the hybrid is as appealing.
What shaft do you have in the 3HL?

Did a trade-in with TM and ordered the stock regular 3HL.

Did a trade-in with TM and ordered the stock regular 3HL.
I think you are going to be pleased. I am digging my 3HL.

Tried the Stealth 3h. Very easy to hit and it is super hot. Purchased, regripped and placed in bag.

Very long driver and the 3 wood is blistering and accurate. Buying both.

My Stealth Plus 4 hybrid is my very favorite club in my bag. It is so consistent. According to Arccos, I am hitting 50% of my greens with it. It is a dead solid 200 yard club (it is lofted up to blend into my 6 iron). I hit my 6 iron about 185 and then jump into the hybrid. To be able to hit half of the greens from 200 yards is wonderful. The ball flight is perfect. It is versatile.

Over the weekend, I was on a roadtrip and played some courses in Southern Utah. I used the club on 3 par 3s of around 200 yards over two rounds and hit all three greens.

The club head is small for a hybrid, but don’t let it scare you. It is surprisingly forgiving. Lots of players could have success with this club, imo.

Tried the Stealth 3h. Very easy to hit and it is super hot. Purchased, regripped and placed in bag.

did you hit it compared to the stealth plus model?

did you hit it compared to the stealth plus model?
No. I don’t tend to get along with any “Pro” models. I gravitate towards more forgiving models in most club ranges.

I received the Stealth 3 hl 3 wood a week ago looks great . I had the sim 2 max d 3wood last year and it was great , super easy to hit but a bit spiny. My swing improved over the season and was over drawing it. I hope the stealth will be lower spin and less draw basis . Aww but it will be a few weeks before I get to try it on the course .
Just an update I finally got a chance to play the Stealth 3hl . What an upgrade from the Sim2 max d . The hl has less spin not affected by wind near as much . Slightly lower flight and more boring into wind . 10 15yards more into wind . Just what I was looking for . Glad I went with the Hl over the standard 3 wood with my slower swing speed the standard would have been too low a ball flight . Over all for me it is beast like over the max d .

I am starting to feel like the hybrids are the stars of the entire Stealth release. I am playing the 19* degree standard and the 22* Plus (lofted up to 23.5*). They are such solid clubs. The 22* is a great fairway club for second shots on par 5s. I used it three times today for second shots on par 5s and hit it 231, 220 and 247 yards. The 23.5* Plus remains a super club to fit in between my 6 iron and the 19* hybrid. It is a perfect club for that 200 to 205 yard shot.

Not a fan of this driver, but these hybrids may be the best releases this year that very few are talking about

The Hybrids are pure gold !

Back