2021 PING Glide Forged Pro Wedges

to my eye they are a very unique shape. i hit them a bit and thought they felt great. not sure i could get used to that look, though.

They have the Eye 2 High Toe in the 59 with 8 of bounce. That is intriguing, too, because it almost looks normal - not bad.

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 1.05.55 PM.png

[…] refreshed their forged version of Glide wedges back in the fall, and it’s been well over two years since we’ve been introduced to the […]

I'm shocked at how much I like this wedge...I just customed mine off the site.

I took the 59 which is an S Grind and did Ping custom heel and toe grinding (half-moon).

Looks as if they arrive on Tuesday - 49, 54, 59 in Nippon 105, Custom Grinding in 54 and 59. Will post pics. Should go well with the i59's.

Wedges were dropped off today...

49/9 (a 50 that is 1 deg strong), 54/8, 59/8. The 54/8 (a 56 that is 2 deg strong) has a grind for trailing edge relief, the 59/8 has a C Grind (half moon) and is their version of an Eye 2 face - high toe.

49/9 - leading edge is fairly straight
IMG_1219.jpeg

54/8 - subtle rounding

IMG_1220.jpeg

59/8 - subtle rounding
IMG_1222.jpeg

Nice detail with the two black rings
IMG_1223.jpeg

5/9 Eye Toe w/ C Grind
IMG_1224.jpeg

Looks really nice

After hitting these, I wonder why others are not scooping them up. It's probably the $199+/- price.

I set these up similar to my Artisans and they play like them but not exactly - tough to beat that beveled leading edge on the Artisan Wedges.

BUT THESE were wonderful off garbage lies, lush lies, bunker shots, normal lies. Feel is soft, range balls were dancing a bit, need to get some real golf balls. I was "wowed" by these wedges. Compact, easy to aim, keep them low or high. Versatile.

Garbage lies. And they took them without an issue.

IMG_1231.jpeg

After hitting these, I wonder why others are not scooping them up. It's probably the $199+/- price.

I set these up similar to my Artisans and they play like them but not exactly - tough to beat that beveled leading edge on the Artisan Wedges.

BUT THESE were wonderful off garbage lies, lush lies, bunker shots, normal lies. Feel is soft, range balls were dancing a bit, need to get some real golf balls. I was "wowed" by these wedges. Compact, easy to aim, keep them low or high. Versatile.

Garbage lies. And they took them without an issue.

View attachment 9082136
Leading edge was 100x more versatile on GFP- especially green side- for me. I love Eye 2 wedges & this is the 1st version that might actually hold true to the original :)

Hopefully mine will be here soon -

Back