Salted Smart Insoles For Golf

Well, these are super interesting!! Not sure how I missed the initial review and entire thread up until now!

Serious ponder.

They are so so good and so so cool. So much to learn from them if you get a chance.

Intrigued by this product. Wanted to buy a mat but not sure if it’s worth the investment. This seem to give the same feedback as pressure mats I more interested in seeing how my pressures are when on awkward lies like side hill lies and learning if my trace are the same or different when I adjust to the lie

I'm pretty excited to get a pair of these in hand and try out their features.

Wow! These seem pretty cool! What I love about tech is that it keeps getting cheaper all the time! I just bought a PRGR portable golf monitor for $195! It was recommended in a review here at a slightly higher price! So, I decided to buy it. It will be nice when the weather straightens out enough for me to use it! Good grief! That's one thing that I love about THP reviews. They clue us in tto the latest and greatest, and can get us a good price as well!

So I put these in last after, as I was wrapping up a quick backyard net session. I've been pretty vocal about how I'm not happy with my swing right, and my weight shift is definitely one of the reasons. I can feel that I'm not getting through the ball. I'm definitely hanging back, esp around impact. Although my last swing I got my weight forward and was like 90% on my front leg at impact. I had already shut down the launch monitor but I could feel the difference and the impact sounded a bit more powerful.

So I put these in last after, as I was wrapping up a quick backyard net session. I've been pretty vocal about how I'm not happy with my swing right, and my weight shift is definitely one of the reasons. I can feel that I'm not getting through the ball. I'm definitely hanging back, esp around impact. Although my last swing I got my weight forward and was like 90% on my front leg at impact. I had already shut down the launch monitor but I could feel the difference and the impact sounded a bit more powerful.
This is me to a T.
Wait till you start rolling putts with them in. It is pretty wild seeing how much balance moves around and shifts, etc.

This is me to a T.
Wait till you start rolling putts with them in. It is pretty wild seeing how much balance moves around and shifts, etc.

yeah I am pretty excited to do that next. Honestly, for a guy like me who struggles with balance and shifting properly, this product could be a huge difference maker.

Going to be putting these back in and doing some work.... Played yesterday and for the life of me couldn't figure out why I was hitting the ball so poorly. Low thin shots and just crappy swings. Thought maybe it could be the cold rainy weather...

But then it occurred to me that my weight shift and balance is all over the place. Probably along with my swing path, stance, breathing patterns, AOA, etc.... But mainly I'm thinking it's my weight transfer and stance.

So - I'll spend some time tonight trying to correct these flaws with the insoles and the video playback.

I have been using these with some speed training. My goal is to get the ground force to be double or more my body weight.

The putting is a trip and frustrating. lol.

The putting is a trip and frustrating. lol.
It really is. I wore them during a visit with my instructor. He wanted me closer to 50/50 to eliminate tension and I find myself falling back at impact as if I am trying to see where the putt goes.

It really is. I wore them during a visit with my instructor. He wanted me closer to 50/50 to eliminate tension and I find myself falling back at impact as if I am trying to see where the putt goes.

I did it for about 30 min and was kind of sore afterwards from trying to get into a position that felt slightly uncomfortable. But the next time it was easier and I think it will get progressively better if consistent. But it was a trip the first time. I thought and felt 50/50 but was more around 35/65 favoring my right foot.

Which all makes sense. When I did a SAMs fitting it suggested that I deloft the putter to 1 degree because I was stroking up on it so much. If leaning back and not knowing it that could be a part of the root cause.

I did it for about 30 min and was kind of sore afterwards from trying to get into a position that felt slightly uncomfortable. But the next time it was easier and I think it will get progressively better if consistent. But it was a trip the first time. I thought and felt 50/50 but was more around 35/65 favoring my right foot.

Which all makes sense. When I did a SAMs fitting it suggested that I deloft the putter to 1 degree because I was stroking up on it so much. If leaning back and not knowing it that could be a part of the root cause.
This is literally me to a T and I think I have some images somewhere. At what I thought was 50/50, I am about 70/30 on the back. Sam Putt Lab wants me to decrease loft as well because I am literally adding nearly 2 degrees of loft on the putter at impact.

I spent an hour working on this tonight and when you hit the balance right, it’s like perfect harmony.

I spent an hour working on this tonight and when you hit the balance right, it’s like perfect harmony.
Ugh.. I need to charge mine and can’t find the cord.. when you have kids everything grows legs and disappears.

range last night wtih these. Actually seeing and feeling my balance shift is huge. Early in my season, but it was the best I've hit the ball. Irons, driver, you name it.

I want to give a quick shout out to this company. I have no idea where the charge cord for my insoles went. I looked everywhere and cannot find them. Anyway. I emailed Andy Lerch (the contact on the website). He responded right away and we have some new cords coming. Super helpful and nice. I was shocked at how fast he responded and helped me take care of this.

This just went out in our digital magazine.

Just received my pair! Initial thoughts-
  1. These look and feel exactly like the inserts I use today. (I currently use Oboz inserts)
  2. The support feels great.
  3. I wish it wasn't a USB charging port (super minor though, just an extra power box to travel with)
  4. I wonder if these will cause trouble at the airport 😬
  5. @GolferGal Is super fast at shipping! Thank you 🙌

I am heading out to Bandon this week so will bring these with me! Excited to try them with my Alphacats. Stay tuned for more feedback!

IMG_5758.jpegIMG_5757.jpeg

yeah I am pretty excited to do that next. Honestly, for a guy like me who struggles with balance and shifting properly, this product could be a huge difference maker.
This has me super intrigued. That is something I struggle with. I have a bad tendency to hang back and not get through properly .Hearing you say this really makes me want to try these out and see how it could help me.

Hey all! Sorry for the delay. I was traveling and now dealing with COVID in the house.

So first, you have to download the app you want to use. On the iPhone, there is golf, training, and baseball. There should also be a yoga app based on the manual, but that might only be for android.

I tried the training and golf apps. The training app lets you log your runs/sole info and also has workouts like squats and lunges you can load to a queue like Spotify and play back to back. The videos remind me a bit of Peleton.

The golf app is a bit more interesting than training. The golf app allows you to record swings, watch your weight on each foot, and compare it against KPGA/KLPGA pros. There are also videos of how to position your weight for better distance or striking.

I found the golf app beneficial as I often fall back on my right foot too much and leave the face open, which causes my ball to start right and then fade right. This shows me I am not transitioning my weight well enough to square up the club face.

I will say it took me about 30 minutes of walking to get used to the insole. The heel of the insole is a bit thicker than my current insoles, and I wasn't used to the support of a higher heel, but after a short walk, everything fell into place, and they fit well.

All in all, these are pretty cool. I think they are great for range sessions where you are losing balls one direction or the other or want to squeak out extra yardage. These definitely provide more data points, which is an excellent thing in our game.
IMG_6353.jpegIMG_6354.jpegIMG_6355.jpegIMG_6358.jpegIMG_6359.jpegIMG_6360.jpeg

Great start. Hopefully the other couple of THPers that received these are able to jump in and offer some insight.

So... I was posting in the wrong thread :LOL: Reposting previous entries!

OK, a bit of a video noob... but here is my unboxing video. Working on getting signed in and the soles trimmed. Length is actually pretty good, but the width in the heel area is a little off.

So, setup was a breeze.

Like @tequila4kapp I got the white screen of death using the qr code but found the app easily through the app store.

Signup was a little easier for me, but only because I knew @tequila4kapp had an issue getting signed up. You have to hide the keyboard when you are all done filling in the blanks. I would have thought the "done" button would work, but when I hid the keyboard I found the "create account" button.

1654226234353.png

The app seems like it was put together pretty well, but you can tell it was put together by someone who is not an English speaker as their first language. When I clicked the confirmation link in the email they sent it took my to their website - which defaulted to Korean language. Not a big deal as I noticed a box at the top that said "Korean" and clicked to find the English button, but there are a few punctuation issues and some things worded differently than I would expect. So far it doesn't affect the usage of the app in any way.

Lots of training plans built in. The swings they have listed in the pros section all appear to be KPGA or KLPGA players. I watched a few, in each mode. I don't care what tour they are on, the swings look very good to me so the feedback when comparing to them should be just fine. The interaction between the video and the swing is something I look forward to reviewing.

I haven't gotten down to the putting mat yet, and might not tonight. Getting tired, and want to enjoy the process instead of being frustrated!

Back