The Super Hybrid continues to be a cheat code for me. Got 36 holes of sim golf in, and probably 6+ shots with this. It's just incredibly forgiving for me. I'm not a precise player, but if I aim middle and put even a remotely decent swing on it, I know its going to go 230-250 yards with a small fade or small draw. I know low cappers wouldn't love that kind of large range with anything, but that's because I'm #bad@golf 😆. I stand by everything I've said in this thread that this is truly the easiest long distance club I've ever hit. You don't have to be perfect to get it in the air and have it go pretty darn straight, and that should appeal to most golfers.

The Super Hybrid continues to be a cheat code for me. Got 36 holes of sim golf in, and probably 6+ shots with this. It's just incredibly forgiving for me. I'm not a precise player, but if I aim middle and put even a remotely decent swing on it, I know its going to go 230-250 yards with a small fade or small draw. I know low cappers wouldn't love that kind of large range with anything, but that's because I'm #bad@golf 😆. I stand by everything I've said in this thread that this is truly the easiest long distance club I've ever hit. You don't have to be perfect to get it in the air and have it go pretty darn straight, and that should appeal to most golfers.
This has me intrigued because of the great feedback.

This has me intrigued because of the great feedback.
It’s a solid club in that spot. Great tee club in that 230-250 range. I’m sold on this club.

It’s a solid club in that spot. Great tee club in that 230-250 range. I’m sold on this club.
Full faith it’s a boner off the tee and the folks who speak to it‘s ability off the deck are the ones that really have my attention…

Full faith it’s a boner off the tee and the folks who speak to it‘s ability off the deck are the ones that really have my attention…
It's good off the tee as you'd expect but it really impresses me off the deck. I have no qualms using this off a tight fairway or the rough. They just nailed this club for me, to be standing 225 out and actually expect to put my shot on the green. The forgiveness is also outstanding. The one swing I took with it in Georgia for the Project X Mizuno experience was chunked to hell, and flew straight as an arrow 200 yards. And when I say chunked I mean divot the size of a beaver 🤣

I anticipate my Super Hybrid will be one of my favorite clubs again for 2022. There aren't name clubs that I completely trust but this is one. It's just so dang versatile for me.

It's good off the tee as you'd expect but it really impresses me off the deck. I have no qualms using this off a tight fairway or the rough. They just nailed this club for me, to be standing 225 out and actually expect to put my shot on the green. The forgiveness is also outstanding. The one swing I took with it in Georgia for the Project X Mizuno experience was chunked to hell, and flew straight as an arrow 200 yards. And when I say chunked I mean divot the size of a beaver 🤣

I know the UW thread is getting most of the love, but try as I might to oust this one during the offseason with a 17˚ UW the Super Hybrid just keeps winning. It is exceptional off the tee. I've been working with hitting it off the deck a little in the offseason and honestly find it easier than the UW for that as well. Don't know that it would be very good for me out of the rough at 16˚ but I'm usually a little gun shy there unless I've got a great lie. Will probably keep both in the rotation as the season starts but so far the ESH is in the early lead for me personally.

So, I've unlocked the Epic Super hybrid again.

It was a total monster for me this weekend. As good as I've hit a hybrid since the original Super hybrid and I am SO excited about it!!

Gamed my ESH 2H over the weekend. Only pulled it for a couple tee shots but both times it was point and shoot. The distance was definitely encroaching on some of my lesser driver shots. The bag battle between this and the UW may be about over at this point. Still going to tinker but this one just seems to be a little better fit for me.

I only used my Super Hybrid once last weekend but as usual it was point and shoot with a perfect little draw. I think this is one of my favorite clubs I've ever owned.

It's actually so versatile that I'm thinking about taking my Apex Hybrid out of the bag and using this to cover the 215-245 gap so I can try either a UW or Rogue 3 wood.

I'll write down a few more details from my last round a little later but I can say this is my both the most surprising and my favorite new club of 2021. It's a distance beast when I need it but really versatile for different types of shots.

I'm not a hybrid guy overall but I've been pretty blown away by it.
How has it been off the deck for you. I'm looking at 5w options and I forgot about this club. I normally use 5w off the deck, and was curious.

How has it been off the deck for you. I'm looking at 5w options and I forgot about this club. I normally use 5w off the deck, and was curious.
It's been fantastic. I've weirdly had better luck off the deck with this than I have any hybrid or fairway wood I've had. That's one of the big reasons I've liked it so much is because it's so easy for me to elevate and hit straight and I'm still getting fairway wood type of distance.

I h
It's been fantastic. I've weirdly had better luck off the deck with this than I have any hybrid or fairway wood I've had. That's one of the big reasons I've liked it so much is because it's so easy for me to elevate and hit straight and I'm still getting fairway wood type of distance.
I have struggled with hybrids in the past but this one seems a little different and that would be my primary use, with the exception of really long par 3s (200-220)

I know I'm not normal, but I find the ESH easier to hit off the deck than the UW for some reason. I have no logical explanation, just is what it is. 🤷‍♂️

I know I'm not normal, but I find the ESH easier to hit off the deck than the UW for some reason. I have no logical explanation, just is what it is. 🤷‍♂️
I have always struggled with hybrids but this one seems a tad different and I have the Mavrik Max 5w now and I like it bc of the shallow leading edge but I'm ready to upgrade and this is a possible for that spot.

I have always struggled with hybrids but this one seems a tad different and I have the Mavrik Max 5w now and I like it bc of the shallow leading edge but I'm ready to upgrade and this is a possible for that spot.

If I keep getting on with the 2H, there's a solid chance the 3H makes an appearance in my bag this year. Just filthy long.

If I keep getting on with the 2H, there's a solid chance the 3H makes an appearance in my bag this year. Just filthy long.
If I come across a deal for a Super Hybrid 2 I may pull the trigger and crank it down 1° and then take my three super hybrid and crank it up a degree to replace my original Apex hybrid that I still game. That might be the perfect set up in those two positions for me.

Other than one bad swing on a short par 4, the ESH 2H was a monster when I pulled it out of the bag this weekend. Pretty sure it's just a matter of time until my UW hits the marketplace.

What an Internet Golfer I am!
Been really struggling with my game and had to adjust to just keep the ball in play.
So I picked up an Apex 21 5h and a Super Hybrid in a 6h
Callaway put the 2021 SH on sale so it was the same price as the Apex 21 hybrid.
Plus it was that same cost as getting a Apex 21 6h and upgrading that shaft.

I'm making my own Hybrid Iron set with Hybrids.
So a 6h is on order.

Randomly came accross one of these and I’m SUPER (hehe) intrigued.

Thinking a UW in 19 and this pup in 21…. What say THP?

PS: it surprised me by how short the length of the 21 felt in hand. Is it just me?

What is the consensus on the SF shaft? Stiff to flex? Is it well received.

Curious if I should go stiff or X.

Gotta dig back through this thread.....

Randomly came accross one of these and I’m SUPER (hehe) intrigued.

Thinking a UW in 19 and this pup in 21…. What say THP?

PS: it surprised me by how short the length of the 21 felt in hand. Is it just me?

I'd be curious how that UW and Super Hybrid combo would work for you. It's something I've thought about pretty hard.

I guess it's never felt like the shaft length was short to me but I went in to it with basically no expectations. It definitely doesn't lack in distance though even if the shaft is short. I'll have to pay attention and compare it to another hybrid sometime.

What is the consensus on the SF shaft? Stiff to flex? Is it well received.

Curious if I should go stiff or X.

Gotta dig back through this thread.....
I'm not a huge fan of the feeling of the SF shaft but it flat out performs for me. I figured I would be swapping it out at some point but I've had no desire to at all. Although I still want to put my 5 wood length shaft in to see what it does.

I'd be curious how that UW and Super Hybrid combo would work for you. It's something I've thought about pretty hard.

I guess it's never felt like the shaft length was short to me but I went in to it with basically no expectations. It definitely doesn't lack in distance though even if the shaft is short. I'll have to pay attention and compare it to another hybrid sometime.

I'm not a huge fan of the feeling of the SF shaft but it flat out performs for me. I figured I would be swapping it out at some point but I've had no desire to at all. Although I still want to put my 5 wood length shaft in to see what it does.

Are you playing the SF shaft in X?

Are you playing the SF shaft in X?
I just have the stiff flex and it seems to play similar to the other stiff shafts I've used.

I just have the stiff flex and it seems to play similar to the other stiff shafts I've used.

Ok, thank you.

Reactions: KEV
Back