KINETIXX TUNED ZERO TRQ Putter Shaft

Yep I’ve read all of it. I believe he has it ranked the ZeroTRQ first. then Stability close behind. Then everything else pretty far after.
Correct! 👍

@Jman how do you think it will change the feedback of the microhinge star insert?

So, it's pretty wild. I definitely think there's a notable change from both a feedback in the hands and a sound perspective from a traditional shaft, which I am still trying to wrap my head around.

It’s delightfully direct, no? My first reaction was I had never imagined the directness I was sensing.

It’s delightfully direct, no? My first reaction was I had never imagined the directness I was sensing.
Was playing around today and I'm still trying to figure out how to explain why it feels different.

Was probably listening to putters for too long but I think the tactile feedback is sooner and shorter than a traditional stock steel shaft.

The tactile feel/vibration is over before the sound of the hit is over, which is not the case with steel. This almost makes it feel out of phase despite all of the feel still being there, it is just so...direct.

Was playing around today and I'm still trying to figure out how to explain why it feels different.

Was probably listening to putters for too long but I think the tactile feedback is sooner and shorter than a traditional stock steel shaft.

The tactile feel/vibration is over before the sound of the hit is over, which is not the case with steel. This almost makes it feel out of phase despite all of the feel still being there, it is just so...direct.
Welcome to my world when reviewing them. People want absolutes and easy to decipher words, but these are unique.

“Connected” remains the best word for it imo.

I should probably go into depth on it.

Maybe it's madness, maybe it's personal, but it's definitely unique. In a sense where I've handed it to some folks, and they are absolutely enthralled by it, and others who are indifferent, and even more who want nothing to do with it (emotional, yeah).

Truth be told, I'd love to see some truly blind feedback at some point where we put together two putters that are identical in swing weight, grip, head, and setup, with one having a steel shaft and one having the Zero TRQ - and see how many we can fool with it - and here's why; When I roll a putt poorly, I am pretty much immediately told so by the setup. It's so brutally honest in how it connects via sound/hands that I just don't think you can 'get away' with a mediocre stroke or contact.

I think I like that a lot. "Brutally honest"

I should probably go into depth on it.

Maybe it's madness, maybe it's personal, but it's definitely unique. In a sense where I've handed it to some folks, and they are absolutely enthralled by it, and others who are indifferent, and even more who want nothing to do with it (emotional, yeah).

Truth be told, I'd love to see some truly blind feedback at some point where we put together two putters that are identical in swing weight, grip, head, and setup, with one having a steel shaft and one having the Zero TRQ - and see how many we can fool with it - and here's why; When I roll a putt poorly, I am pretty much immediately told so by the setup. It's so brutally honest in how it connects via sound/hands that I just don't think you can 'get away' with a mediocre stroke or contact.

I would think with some heat shrink tubing this test could be done

I struggled to explain my experience with it but this is a good one. It felt like I noticed every little wobble in my stroke. Definitely unique, and your mileage may vary with that kind of response

Sounds like a really fun comparison ... too bad it's so cumbersome to pull off true blind testing with golf equipment. The approach would make for a lot of fun comparisons.

this has by far been one of the most fascinating shaft experiences I have ever had.

I love that torque is a point of experience/preference on a putter, rather than raw power or speed which usually aligns with torque in a driver.
I love that when I put it in the hands of others, the perspective varies WILDLY between "wow that is cool" to "gross I don't like that at all"

I've been trying to develop my perspective on it and it's just been... Challenging. I went ahead and dropped my typical iLine on it for the most familiarized condition, so I can speak to the differences. Had an absolutely spectacular putting session on Sunday, and even spent some time walking through it vs a friend gaming a typical blade that same day. I really need to get his thoughts.

this has by far been one of the most fascinating shaft experiences I have ever had.

I love that torque is a point of experience/preference on a putter, rather than raw power or speed which usually aligns with torque in a driver.
I love that when I put it in the hands of others, the perspective varies WILDLY between "wow that is cool" to "gross I don't like that at all"

I've been trying to develop my perspective on it and it's just been... Challenging. I went ahead and dropped my typical iLine on it for the most familiarized condition, so I can speak to the differences. Had an absolutely spectacular putting session on Sunday, and even spent some time walking through it vs a friend gaming a typical blade that same day. I really need to get his thoughts.
Now you see what I meant in my reviews. It’s hard to find words. It’s…just totally unique.

Now you see what I meant in my reviews. It’s hard to find words. It’s…just totally unique.
I think we should make a video on this for the youTube. It'd be fun to get your thoughts my friend.

I think we should make a video on this for the youTube. It'd be fun to get your thoughts my friend.
I do indeed believe I’m down for that!

With other companies working on the same, I'm hoping Kinetixx has an over hosel version in the works

With other companies working on the same, I'm hoping Kinetixx has an over hosel version in the works
Me too, but I just don’t know that it makes sense for them.

Acquired. Now to decide what it goes in.

Acquired. Now to decide what it goes in.
Think we are going into a Toulon Seattle to mess around with

Back