TESTED! Srixon ZX4 Irons Review

This 5i is a fantastic secondary tee option, it sounds fantastic and ball go far. Much like my utility I'm not sure how it would perform for me off the deck but I'm a fan, really making me think of some sort of combo set next year
It's SO good, and easy to hit off the deck too.

Pretty sure the 4 iron is a necessity.

I did a thing.

;)

Got any lying around to test out?

Look what was just delivered! It’s going in play tomorrow morning.

1F4EFE07-3160-4C63-9632-9F0CFDE82CEA.jpeg

Anyone hit both the ZX4 and the 2021 T300? What were your observations?

I'm REALLY thinking of buying a set of these. How do these compare in forgiveness to a hybrid style iron?

Last edited:
I’m close to buying these also. Anyone played these and the ZX5? Seems like the ZX5 is higher launching and is also forgiving. I’m really torn between the two…

I’m close to buying these also. Anyone played these and the ZX5? Seems like the ZX5 is higher launching and is also forgiving. I’m really torn between the two…

Two different worlds. ZX4 SGI almost mini hybrids. Where as the ZX5 is a GI/Players distance combo. ZX5s are much softer feel and very forgiving just not as forgiving as the 4's. Need to demo. Many times players hate clubs because they purchase a club not fit for their game. PGASS, GG and others all have Srixon fitting carts, so you should be able to find the best fit. GLWS!

Do you think the modus 125 could be a good shaft pairing?

I see there is a indent on the heel and toe of the v sole. The launcher xl doesn't have this. Not sure why that is or what difference it makes.

Got to try out a 7i with a DG x100 tour issue. Nice combination.

I see there is a indent on the heel and toe of the v sole. The launcher xl doesn't have this. Not sure why that is or what difference it makes.

The "sole notches" at either end of the blade basically reduce drag and improve how it gets through the ground. Al least, that is my interpretation. From the ZX4 technology tab on the ZX4 page:

1651614796412.png

The "sole notches" at either end of the blade basically reduce drag and improve how it gets through the ground. Al least, that is my interpretation. From the ZX4 technology tab on the ZX4 page:

View attachment 9085612
I think it could help a bit out with Slightly less heel or toe drag or grab in certain conditions.

I would try a Nippon option. I found the ZX4s a bit harsh. But thats just me...

A bit harsh on thin hits. I actually liked the feedback. I could tell exactly how thin a strike was.

A bit harsh on thin hits. I actually liked the feedback. I could tell exactly how thin a strike was.

I though the ZX4 were pretty plush. Just my opinion.

It's going to come down to these and the launcher xl which I haven't tried yet. Wish the zx4 had a better price point.

It's going to come down to these and the launcher xl which I haven't tried yet. Wish the zx4 had a better price point.
I have a ZX4 & XL launcher 5 iron. The launcher is much easier to hit for me. I don’t carry either one at the moment but if I had to put one back in it would be the Launcher. However, I wouldn’t want any of the shorter irons in the launcher style. Just personal preferences.

I have a ZX4 & XL launcher 5 iron. The launcher is much easier to hit for me. I don’t carry either one at the moment but if I had to put one back in it would be the Launcher. However, I wouldn’t want any of the shorter irons in the launcher style. Just personal preferences.
Awesome that you have both. How does turf interaction compare for you?

Back