Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

I need to find a #7 one of these days to play around with…should never have sold one from the past. Will continue to look.

Any recommendations as to which style head to chose? I currently have a mallet style from Pinemeadow, which I like. I’ve never played with any other. Though I do have my eye on this as a Christmas present later this year.

I’m taking a Double Wide version out on its maiden voyage today. I’ve been playing a Kushion 4.0 which is the same head, but is suited to a strong arc stroke. After a year of success, it’s been acting up a bit, so in an effort to shake things up I’m trying this face balanced version.
Stay tuned….

Last edited:
Any recommendations as to which style head to chose? I currently have a mallet style from Pinemeadow, which I like. I’ve never played with any other. Though I do have my eye on this as a Christmas present later this year.
Rather than focus on a particular brand, find out what type of stroke you have. Strong or slight arc or straight back.
Then find a putter that suits that type of stroke. If it happens to be in the white hot OG line, great. If not, so be it.
It’s a simple process, and it will save you a lot of trial and error, and most importantly, cash.

Hey @GraniteRoost are you still rolling the Rossie S? What are your feelings on it about a year into owning it? I have a face balance version but I’m thinking of getting properly fit and I think I need some toe hang but we’ll see. Curious about a 1 year or so review

Hey @GraniteRoost are you still rolling the Rossie S? What are your feelings on it about a year into owning it? I have a face balance version but I’m thinking of getting properly fit and I think I need some toe hang but we’ll see. Curious about a 1 year or so review

Yes, I still have it and enjoy it. I have been reviewing a SeeMore MiniGiant here on THP for the last few months, and that putter has been getting most of my attention.

My summary thoughts - its important to know I am a blade user historically, and have been tinkering with mallet styles to see if I can make something gel. For me personally, I love the shape and lines, flow etc of the Rossie S. The toe hang is nice for my stroke and I like how the slant neck sets up.

Because visually I am so used to using the blade like a T-square while putting... more exotic mallet shapes seem to mess with my eye and I am not as good at consistently aligning well. Also, a small problem I had with the Rossie S is that I am not always the best at maintaining a neutral hand position, I tend to get too flat and get the toe in the air. I found that when I got flat the sole shape would tend to make the face close a tad at address. So it was both a good reminder to stay neutral, but also led to some awkwardness as I tried to work on bad habits.

I had some very nice rounds where I putted confidently and things just didn't drop. At times however, I struggled a little with visuals just because I am used to. The rounded back edge makes it tougher for my eye to settle on a direction.

Absolutely love the feel of the White Hot insert, and overall look of the putter. I wish I were a little more confident with it is all.

Finally got a chance to try some of the additions for 2022. Here are my thoughts:

- In general, I still prefer the steel shaft over the stroke lab. I just cant get used to the counterbalance.

- The 7 Nano looks cool, but definitely try before you buy. To my eye, the neck position makes the putter appear very flat and open. Wasn't a good fit for me.

- The 7 Bird is a bit odd looking, but very stable. Would recommend if you get a little yippy.

- The 7CH non stroke lab is an absolute GOAT. Definitely the star of the line for me. Tempted to buy one actually.

Yes, I still have it and enjoy it. I have been reviewing a SeeMore MiniGiant here on THP for the last few months, and that putter has been getting most of my attention.

My summary thoughts - its important to know I am a blade user historically, and have been tinkering with mallet styles to see if I can make something gel. For me personally, I love the shape and lines, flow etc of the Rossie S. The toe hang is nice for my stroke and I like how the slant neck sets up.

Because visually I am so used to using the blade like a T-square while putting... more exotic mallet shapes seem to mess with my eye and I am not as good at consistently aligning well. Also, a small problem I had with the Rossie S is that I am not always the best at maintaining a neutral hand position, I tend to get too flat and get the toe in the air. I found that when I got flat the sole shape would tend to make the face close a tad at address. So it was both a good reminder to stay neutral, but also led to some awkwardness as I tried to work on bad habits.

I had some very nice rounds where I putted confidently and things just didn't drop. At times however, I struggled a little with visuals just because I am used to. The rounded back edge makes it tougher for my eye to settle on a direction.

Absolutely love the feel of the White Hot insert, and overall look of the putter. I wish I were a little more confident with it is all.
We sound pretty similar. I'm used to a blade style as well (Scotty Newport) but I thought getting a more forgiving head in a mallet could help me long term since I am after all a hack. So far I'm in absolute love with the face and how soft it is. I never knew I cared about that before getting this putter. I was really watching the thread about the Tri-hot 5K putters but if I can get myself comfortable with this putter I'd love to not think about that part of my bag for a very long time. My buddies who are good putters just ride with what they have, they don't tinker.

I apologize if you covered it somewhere and I missed it @GraniteRoost but did you notice any distance control issues etc going from the white hot to the MGDF?

I apologize if you covered it somewhere and I missed it @GraniteRoost but did you notice any distance control issues etc going from the white hot to the MGDF?

I've not had the MGDF on course. But no, no issues indoors. And, last season no issues outdoors between White Hot insert and various milled putters that are my usual.

We sound pretty similar. I'm used to a blade style as well (Scotty Newport) but I thought getting a more forgiving head in a mallet could help me long term since I am after all a hack. So far I'm in absolute love with the face and how soft it is. I never knew I cared about that before getting this putter. I was really watching the thread about the Tri-hot 5K putters but if I can get myself comfortable with this putter I'd love to not think about that part of my bag for a very long time. My buddies who are good putters just ride with what they have, they don't tinker.

FWIW, the Tri-Hots are pretty stellar if you want a blade. I got a Tri-Hot One when they came out, and again, have not had it on course yet, but you can feel the MOI in it. Its a beast, looking forward to rolling that one too.

FWIW, the Tri-Hots are pretty stellar if you want a blade. I got a Tri-Hot One when they came out, and again, have not had it on course yet, but you can feel the MOI in it. Its a beast, looking forward to rolling that one too.
I hate you as I already own 5 putters already LOL..you're not helping my wallet or typical past of dancing between putters mid-season :)

I love my Scotty as it is a bit like jewelry out there but I can't deny how much better the WH insert feels on the Odyssey.

I hate you as I already own 5 putters already LOL..you're not helping my wallet or typical past of dancing between putters mid-season :)

I love my Scotty as it is a bit like jewelry out there but I can't deny how much better the WH insert feels on the Odyssey.

Yes, its a slippery slope. One became 5, became.... more. And I switch putters around a lot too but am trying to quit 😜. Putts per round drifted up more than I'd like with the mallet shenanigan's last year.

I've not had the MGDF on course. But no, no issues indoors. And, last season no issues outdoors between White Hot insert and various milled putters that are my usual.
I’ll be tuning in to that thread to hear more of your thoughts on that one after a few rounds. The white hot insert is like an broken in old hoodie to me, trustworthy and familiar but something about that MGDF catches my eye and I can’t seem to shake it 😁.

Never really fell in love with my 1ws so probably going to move it

Picked up a 7s a few weeks ago during one of the CPO sales. Been putting well with it. According to shotscope, better than with my beloved Frontline Elevado which is a first.

I’m close to pulling the trigger on a WH OG 2 ball.

I went to PGASS on Saturday with the intention of buying one of the new Scotty 5.5's and ended up walking out with a 7S with the Stroke Lab shaft. It worked for me better than the Scotty and was cheaper to boot.

I got with the pro at my club yesterday. I’m going to take a lesson sometime this or next week then practice whatever we go over for another week or two then get a proper putter fitting. I told him I feel more comfortable with a putter with toe hang like my Scotty has but I love how buttery the feel is off of my face balanced Rossie. I’m hoping I fit into a Rossie S or a blade style OG but I won’t force it. Whatever works best will be the winner and I’ll go from there. That said I’ll be shocked if I don’t get one of these or a Tri-Hot lol

I couldn't stand it....ordered a Scotty 5.5 from TGW. Received it yesterday but haven't had a chance to do anything with it.

I couldn't stand it....ordered a Scotty 5.5 from TGW. Received it yesterday but haven't had a chance to do anything with it.
You couldn’t stand the WH OG?

Funny, I did the same. OG 7s 4-6wk’s ago and been putting well with it. But always had an eye on a 5.5. Then the 2022 lineup announced. I ordered one this week but will take a few weeks to get. Oh well.

You couldn’t stand the WH OG?

No, still wanted the Scotty even though the OG putted better for me in the store. I'm a Scotty ho'

Funny, I did the same. OG 7s 4-6wk’s ago and been putting well with it. But always had an eye on a 5.5. Then the 2022 lineup announced. I ordered one this week but will take a few weeks to get. Oh well.

TGW had multiples in-stock earlier in the week. I called to make sure they had it as I didn't want to be in a back order situation and no one else seems to have them at the moment. You might call and check.

Back