Golf Pride Concept Helix Grips

Just bumping this thread. I was thinking about these grips earlier. Can’t find them on Golf Pride’s website.
I’m not sure they survived

Hmmm.

Concept was neat, but they certainly didn't feel like they were all that securely on there, on top of the grip just didn't feel quite right. They were too squishy, if that makes sense.

Concept was neat, but they certainly didn't feel like they were all that securely on there, on top of the grip just didn't feel quite right. They were too squishy, if that makes sense.

I've had squishy grips, so it makes sense. I never felt either of those things, but I felt trying to add tape wraps was a PITA impossible. Still have one on my sand wedge. Probably my imagination, but to me they already felt built-up vs a standard grip.

The grip pattern looked smooshed together when I tightened them. Neat idea, but not the answer.

And just like that they are gone. I really liked these and hope they are working on a new version. I have a few of these that have been on and off over a half dozen clubs while testing last year. So easy to install and remove, no mess, no fuss..

I needed 3 more for my new irons so they sent me 3 for free.

did these end up taking off at all, or just kinda fizzle?

i just received a new shaft that wasn't gripped and i don't have time to take it somewhere. i still had some concept helix sitting around, and the tool to install it. had to look up the instructions but it all went very quickly. i still really like the concept.

I was part of the test group and for me they were an epic fail. The butt end seemed more like a midsize (have small hands). My forearms still hurt from twisting the tool to secure it. And most of the time it never seemed to fully secure and felt like it would still twist. The time it took for me to install one I felt like I could put 2 or 3 grips on the normal way. Just my 2 cents. If anyone wants my test kit PM me.
Think it came with 3 grips plus the tool.

did these end up taking off at all, or just kinda fizzle?

i just received a new shaft that wasn't gripped and i don't have time to take it somewhere. i still had some concept helix sitting around, and the tool to install it. had to look up the instructions but it all went very quickly. i still really like the concept.
I tested them as a forum tester, I love the concept, however, the execution of the concept was lacking. With Golf Pride being a lifestyle brand now they probably scraped this idea.

I liked the idea but they were hard to put on, especially with built-up tape layers. I felt they were secure once I installed them. But I'm not sure I'd buy them again. As noted previously, probably just my imagination, but they felt bigger and heavier than a standard grip.

I liked the idea but they were hard to put on, especially with built-up tape layers. I felt they were secure once I installed them. But I'm not sure I'd buy them again. As noted previously, probably just my imagination, but they felt bigger and heavier than a standard grip.
I also felt they're bigger than a standard grip which is a positive for my hand size. Overall, I liked them but not sure I'd put them on my gamers. They're a good fit for some of my practice clubs. I know...that's not a strong endorsement.

iirc they were substantially heavier, which introduced swing weight concerns in speaking with some people i showed them to when i tested them

After I had twisted them so much, the grips were too rough/hard for me. But I liked the ease of putting on the grips.

always seemed weird that a company which heavily pushed traditional tape+solvent installs would go tapeless friction install

I kinda thought maybe they could have claimed them as a "green" grip, since no solvent was involved.

Back