While I've not played any courses around here that have these services, I'd tip $5 at one that did.

Whats so special about a city in China? :D

I had a high school job as a caddie/ball boy/range rat/club cleaner.
Because of that I'm snooty about it. $3 bucks standard. If the kid does a good job/ is friendly/ and drives me out to my car then its $10 minimum.

If a quarter tip is good enough for Judge Smails, it's good enough for me :D

Who said that was a quarter?? Looked like a nickel to me!!

At a local course I usually tip $3-5 for the club cleaner kid at the end of the round.

At Edgewood Tahoe we tipped $20 to the 2 club cleaning girls who were both lookers!!

I work outside services for my course in town and while it's a muni, it's probably one of the nicer munis in the state; expensive, Nicklaus designed, heavy focus on customer service.

And yes, my main job is to greet golfers as they drop their bags off at the drop and offer to carry them - I will load them on the cart and have the cart ready by the stairs with towel/tees/etc while they are settling up in the shop. I don't expect a tip for that part of my job. When they finish their round I casually approach them and shoot the ****, while trying not to be annoying or overbearing. I'll just start cleaning the clubs and such while having small talk - giving them tips on where to eat, what to do etc how to play a hole if they have questions. I don't really care that I tipped - I'm just bored and am in a routine throughout the day. I'll offer to carry their bags to the drop if they go in for lunch or a drink.

I'll even admit that most of my income is coming from tips as we are all paid min wage. But when the course is hitting 300 on the books or a shotgun/tourney, I'm walking home with a smile. Regardless, I just want to golf everyday and enjoy the summer.

Edit: I'm not going to care if I get stiffed. It's whatever. If you come back and I recognize you, I'm going to offer the services just like I would if you were a first time golfer here. As in - carry your bags, get your cart ready, clean your clubs, and bring them to the bag drop and be in a good mood.

At Falcon's Fire in Orlando they incorporated Valet service with the bag service. When we were done they had the car ready with the A/C going and the bags all loaded. Top notch service.

Yea that is top notch, grand cypress does the same with valet.
There are a few courses in south Florida that take your clubs when you arrive, place your shoes in front of your locker for the day with your name on it. Load your Cart and take your order before you tee off and lunch is ready at the turn.
Next years outing will be a treat for many, they treat you well at Grand Cypress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work outside services for my course in town and while it's a muni, it's probably one of the nicer munis in the state; expensive, Nicklaus designed, heavy focus on customer service.

And yes, my main job is to greet golfers as they drop their bags off at the drop and offer to carry them - I will load them on the cart and have the cart ready by the stairs with towel/tees/etc while they are settling up in the shop. I don't expect a tip for that part of my job. When they finish their round I casually approach them and shoot the ****, while trying not to be annoying or overbearing. I'll just start cleaning the clubs and such while having small talk - giving them tips on where to eat, what to do etc how to play a hole if they have questions. I don't really care that I tipped - I'm just bored and am in a routine throughout the day. I'll offer to carry their bags to the drop if they go in for lunch or a drink.

I'll even admit that most of my income is coming from tips as we are all paid min wage. But when the course is hitting 300 on the books or a shotgun/tourney, I'm walking home with a smile. Regardless, I just want to golf everyday and enjoy the summer.

Edit: I'm not going to care if I get stiffed. It's whatever. If you come back and I recognize you, I'm going to offer the services just like I would if you were a first time golfer here. As in - carry your bags, get your cart ready, clean your clubs, and bring them to the bag drop and be in a good mood.

Do you work at thecourse as you enter into Breckenridge? Love your town!!!

I played Orange County National while I was in Orlando last month. I tipped the cart girl $5 when she loaded my clubs in the cart and gave us the range balls and another $5 after the round to the guy who cleaned my clubs. When we were driving out of the lot he ran out and returned my cell phone which I had accidentally left in the cart. I really enjoyed the services that course provided.

I played Orange County National while I was in Orlando last month. I tipped the cart girl $5 when she loaded my clubs in the cart and gave us the range balls and another $5 after the round to the guy who cleaned my clubs. When we were driving out of the lot he ran out and returned my cell phone which I had accidentally left in the cart. I really enjoyed the services that course provided.

I'm really surprised at how many people have played this course. How much did you pay? We played last July and got a great deal for playing panther lake

If someone cleans my clubs up after the round and puts them in the car - alway tip them. I normally do not tip the guy who take the clubs out of the car at the bag drop - not sure why!!

I played a few rounds with a guy in a work circle and we played some high end courses. He would pull the cart over between 18 and the club house, clean his clubs put all his stuff away change his shoes so that he could immediately jump out of the cart, grab his bag and head to the car to avoid tipping and seemed to be proud of the fact

I'm really surprised at how many people have played this course. How much did you pay? We played last July and got a great deal for playing panther lake

We played Crooked Cat on a Sunday afternoon for $36 and Panther Lake on a Wednesday afternoon for $32. I was surprise how reasonable it was. I guess because it is further away from the convention center and tourist attractions.

I used to work there and know a fee folks. Let me know when your back And I'll hook something up.

Being a club-cleaning bag boy at my course myself, after going around and seeing/playing some of the high class courses in my area so far this summer, I always tip well ($5 at least) because we get to play around our county courses for free because of hookups from our head pro who is a big promoter of youth golf development in the Treasure Coast. although at my course I work at, we do so much more than the work many of the bag guys do at the nicer and more expensive clubs around town, and we most of the time do not get good tips at all. We have two guys a shift for morning/afternoon, and being as hot in Florida as is it, it kinda stinks after a hard working day that we dont get fully rewarded for a hard days work, but I cant complain too much because free golf and range time is all I need. Making money is all a bonus.

I'll tip if the person actually makes an effort to clean the clubs. At one of the clubs I play at, a kid comes to your cart, after the round, with a wet, dirty towel, takes a few swipes at your clubs and waits for his tip. I now avoid the cleaning by telling him that I do the cleaning myself.

I'm not cheap by any means, but hey "at least make an effort!"

Do you work at thecourse as you enter into Breckenridge? Love your town!!!

Yep, on the right off of Tiger Run. Nice course, tough and tight. There's no room for slices or errant tee shots. I've lived here now for four years going on five and well, I love it. Have you played here ?

We played Crooked Cat on a Sunday afternoon for $36 and Panther Lake on a Wednesday afternoon for $32. I was surprise how reasonable it was. I guess because it is further away from the convention center and tourist attractions.

We are out of season now so the prices here are a lot cheaper then they are in the winter time, and it's even cheaper if you play after 1pm.

Yep, on the right off of Tiger Run. Nice course, tough and tight. There's no room for slices or errant tee shots. I've lived here now for four years going on five and well, I love it. Have you played here ?

Unfortunately no, but I ski your slopes every winter! We come out in Feb for the wife's birthday.

I couldn't agree with this thread more. If I think ahead, I'll try to prep little bundles of $3 $5 or $10, depending on the course. $10 when I'm impressed with their work and I'll grab the wallet for more when they go above and beyond expectations. When I was a regular at a course with those types of service, I didn't mind. Of course, while it wasn't my aim, the guys always took care of me.

The other 95% of the time, I'm wiping my own clubs and cleaning my own shoes in the parking lot!

CG13, another thing that is easy to do is ask the head pro or the person behind the desk in the pro shop whether caddie/forecaddie fees are included in the greens fees or not, and what the suggested tip is. I find that it differs based on the course, so that's an easy way to avoid awkwardness at the end of the round.
Good advice, every place is different.

Always a minimum of $3-$5 for me.
This is where I usually am at on tipping the cart guys. I tip at the end of the round.

Always throw em $2, probably should up that a little bit since $2 isn't worth what it used to be!

Had a single golfer tip me $120 today. Always nice!

when i retire (soon I hope), i plan to get a part time job at the course (and some free golf). So tipping is a GOOD Thing!!!

Playing on the hard red Georgia clay, I guess it doesn't really stick to the club that much.

The only two times I've seen this service were both in Fla. One in the panhandle near Apalachicola and one at the Waldorf, where you'd expect to see that (and they were unreal!).

T0AD or DawgDaddy can vouch on this one. If someone grabs your bag at the average run of the mill courses in middle Ga. and says he will clean your clubs, pull our your 357 and pop a cap on em! Your clubs, your shoes, and even your pickup truck will be gone by the time your clubs could be wiped down.

Back