Ballnamic: PING Ball Fitting?

Just curious if this will really be beneficial w/o having a golf ball of their own? You're basically fitting someone for a competitor aren't you?
If they don’t have a golf ball then they’re not fitting for competitors…

Never.. Maybe it feel off the ship with the driver heads last year or they raised the price mid season so no one wanted to do it.
I mean, it was only announced in August of last year. We wouldn't expect Ping to actually deliver anything within that time frame, would we? :ROFLMAO:

I mean, it was only announced in August of last year. We wouldn't expect Ping to actually deliver anything within that time frame, would we? :ROFLMAO:

Kinda surprised it’s still a thing.

I admit I'm a Ping homer. I'm going to have to partake in this very soon. I've all but settled on the SC LS X but purchased some Tour B X as the final part of this seasons bag battle.

Great Review of this process from TXG yesterday - really interesting.
Got me to try it, I'll post my results soon...

Great Review of this process from TXG yesterday - really interesting.
Got me to try it, I'll post my results soon...

Forget what is the cost $39USD ?

I saw the TXG review. Looked interesting. Just hate though ball fittings that essentially just recommend the competitors equivalent ball. You play a V1x so you need a Tour B RX, Tp5x, chrome soft X etc. not saying pings will do that.
So curious here to try

I saw that same TXG video and immediately went to try it out. Didn't realize you had to pay to get results. I have no interest in paying, so it was a waste of time. C'mon man!

Looking forward to seeing what it said for you @Iceman! Especially knowing your preferred balls.

There were a few really great days nuggets in that video if you watched it closely. Some of us were talking about it immediately when it came out.

I saw that same TXG video and immediately went to try it out. Didn't realize you had to pay to get results. I have no interest in paying, so it was a waste of time. C'mon man!
To be fair to Ping, they are not in the ball game. Hence have no reason to provide this as free service unlike a ball company offering a free fit to get into their balls (that came out wrong, lol). They spent time and resources to conduct this testing. In my mind, it's fair for them to charge for the service, no?

I play the V1x because I like high flight and spin. Just went onto Bridgestone, TM and Callaways site and went through their online fitting. All 3 said their 'x" ball. Which I know in most cases the "x" balls are their lower flying ball. I dont know what Ping recommends for me but kinda curious to try their system out.

Current Gamer is Chrome Soft - 2022 - Two additional Options:
1669047469573.png1669045407949.png1669045474562.png1669045541649.png
Bridgestone Tour B X and Tour B XS came up in between X and LS.
Still feel I have the right ball with CS - Yardage difference is minimal and if I play Bump and Run, I don't want too much greenside spin.

Last edited:

Still feel I have the right ball with CS - Yardage difference is minimal and if I play Bump and Run, I don't want too much greenside spin.

Cool stuff.
Thanks for sharing.
once you buy can you keep accessing it. Say your game changes, etc. or is it a once and done type assessment?

Is it only urethane balls or do they have surlyn in their data set?

To be fair to Ping, they are not in the ball game. Hence have no reason to provide this as free service unlike a ball company offering a free fit to get into their balls (that came out wrong, lol). They spent time and resources to conduct this testing. In my mind, it's fair for them to charge for the service, no?

I play the V1x because I like high flight and spin. Just went onto Bridgestone, TM and Callaways site and went through their online fitting. All 3 said their 'x" ball. Which I know in most cases the "x" balls are their lower flying ball. I dont know what Ping recommends for me but kinda curious to try their system out.

It's definitely fair and well within their right to charge for something that they've developed, but I still think it's lame. That's a big leap of faith when there are so many other ways to test out golf balls.

Forget what is the cost $39USD ?

I saw the TXG review. Looked interesting. Just hate though ball fittings that essentially just recommend the competitors equivalent ball. You play a V1x so you need a Tour B RX, Tp5x, chrome soft X etc. not saying pings will do that.
So curious here to try
I just looked at it as it was a cost of dozen balls.
You do get 5 tests for that $39.00
If I remember correctly when THP went to Ping several years ago, I remember I think @JB saying that Ping does some extensive test of golf balls to make sure their tour players get fit in the correct ball for their game.
I do also remember Ian from TXG quoting Ping several times about their golf ball testing.

I just looked at it as it was a cost of dozen balls.
You do get 5 tests for that $39.00
If I remember correctly when THP went to Ping several years ago, I remember I think @JB saying that Ping does some extensive test of golf balls to make sure their tour players get fit in the correct ball for their game.
I do also remember Ian from TXG quoting Ping several times about their golf ball testing.

While they do extensive tests for their golf balls, (not as much as companies that produce) each one of their paid staff players has their own ball contract that they chose.

I did it back in August and it recommended the ball I was playing, the Tour B XS, the ProV1 and the Srixon Z-Star.

Cool stuff.
Thanks for sharing.
once you buy can you keep accessing it. Say your game changes, etc. or is it a once and done type assessment?

Is it only urethane balls or do they have surlyn in their data set?
You get 5 "Tests" and you can choose what you will spend for a ball by $, $$, $$$
I did do one with $-$$ and it came up with:

1669046471235.png

You get 5 "Tests" and you can choose what you will spend for a ball by $, $$, $$$
I did do one with $-$$ and it came up with:
Got it...those are all urethane options, albeit cheaper ones. I thought during the TXG video they aid they only tested urethane ball options. Which makes sense. The normal $19/box player probably isn't going to pay $39 for ball fitting info.

I dig it though. Might be an early Christmas present to myself.

View attachment 9136677View attachment 9136679View attachment 9136680
Good stuff. It's the full wedge spin that would get me on those. That's a big score difference between the CS and the X and LS. Sounds like it works well for your game though.

Got it...those are all urethane options, albeit cheaper ones. I thought during the TXG video they aid they only tested urethane ball options. Which makes sense. The normal $19/box player probably isn't going to pay $39 for ball fitting info.

I dig it though. Might be an early Christmas present to myself.
I hope someone else does it and comes up with a result that gets a Titleist or Taylormade ball cause I didn't get either.

It's definitely fair and well within their right to charge for something that they've developed, but I still think it's lame. That's a big leap of faith when there are so many other ways to test out golf balls.
I'm curious what those ways are for most people? I mean I spend a lot of time and effort, and money I guess, testing and comparing differences on course. I don't think most people have that option.

For example, I spent a good deal of time testing and tracking and videoing the new Tour B X on wedge approach to realize, confirm, and show that it's a dog versus the CSX and CSX LS when this just tells with a score in a couple minutes. And can adjust the winners for you based on the wants you input. And it's based on full flight outdoor testing instead of right at impact, which is what ball performance is all about in the end. It feels like a bargain to me at less than the cost of a box of balls, or a single round of golf. I'd love to see some Seed balls in it.

Last edited:
Am I the only one seeing a massive problem with asking a person a bunch of questions about their game that have been pretty well proven to be perceived wrong by a lot of people about themselves, and then deciding what's best for them based on that? A huge number of people don't actually know if they're high or low flight, launch, and spin, or even how far they actually hit something. What people think and what is, is often different.

Now if it was an add-on to a fitting like JB is thinking it might be that would be different. I wouldn't want many to pay for it like this though.
Went looking for this and I'm not surprised how much my mind has changed on it after all the ball testing I've done since then. And they've updated it some. What you're looking for, how important certain things are to you, can put in your monitor numbers or conditions and they'll estimate your flight for you. After countless hours I've come to appreciate what a P.I.A. on course testing can be, how impossible it really is for the average player, and how anecdotal things like wind performance are for most.

I'm curious what those ways are for most people? I mean I spend a lot of time and effort, and money I guess, testing and comparing differences on course. I don't think most people have that option.

For example, I spent a good deal of time testing and tracking and videoing the new Tour B X on wedge approach to realize, confirm, and show that it's a dog versus the CSX and CSX LS when this just tells with a score in a couple minutes. And can adjust the winners for you based on the wants you input. And it's based on full flight outdoor testing instead of right at impact, which is what ball performance is all about in the end. It feels like a bargain to me at less than the cost of a box of balls, or a single round of golf. I'd love to see some Seed balls in it.

I get your point and it’s a good one. But this is an online fitting tool. I guess I just dont put that much stock into them, even though I understand this one is really robust. Not to the extent that id consider paying. That’s just me though.

Used the Ballnamic fitting tool earlier this year and was matched up with a couple balls that I might not have tried otherwise.

The MaxFli Tour ball was one of them. Have tried it and I like it. It is a little firmer than the Bridgestone Tour BRX ball that I normally play which I only really feel off the putter.

I used it quite a bit during the summer.

Pretty useful service in my opinion if you are trying to get fit for a ball and want to reduce the trial and error to a narrower field of contenders.

Meh…
I mean, sure I’d like to see a recommendation then feel free to pop up a coupon and I’ll buy some. Not paying money for it though.

If someone told me I’d get free Topfilghts for life I’d make them “fit”

I thought the video was interesting. I may do it in the spring. I would like to have a wind and not so windy ball option.

Back