Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't ya just love the powers that be. our guy likes to schedule club events during section tournaments so none of us can play.

boooo!!

i have free tickets to the open and cant go cuz we have tourneys... sux

Argh! I hear ya. The past two years I was invited by a major tech manufacturer (I used to sit on one of their advisory boards) to an event where, if we wanted to, we could fly out early and play a round on a VERY nice golf course. Both times I had to forgo leaving early for a company retreat.

I don't need anymore stinkin' team building!

Rant? Sure.

None of my damn tshirts fit anymore, they all look like freaking tents they're so dang wide. I know this IS a good thing as I'm 42 lbs lighter, but, it's not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rant? Sure.

None of my damn tshirts fit anymore, they all look like freaking tents they're so dang wide. I know this IS a good thing as I'm 42 lbs lighter, but, it's not cheap.

Sell a putter?

It took 1 and a half hours to get on the course today. Couldn't find a cart guy, and I had football practice, so walking would lead to my inevitable death.

Argh! I hear ya. The past two years I was invited by a major tech manufacturer (I used to sit on one of their advisory boards) to an event where, if we wanted to, we could fly out early and play a round on a VERY nice golf course. Both times I had to forgo leaving early for a company retreat.

I don't need anymore stinkin' team building!

Sounds like you do :D

Rant? Sure.

Time to hit the local TJ Maxx or Marshalls for new cheaper clothes.

Rant? Sure.

That's awesome Jman. Bet you feel a ton better too, just gonna be lighter in the wallet for the new clothes.

Rant? Sure.

Congrats mate. I have a closet full of clothes that are overly snug these days personally. I'd take your conundrum over mine. Hahaha

100 freaking degrees in early June? Global warming? More like Global cooking.....what an inconvenient truth

100 freaking degrees in early June? Global warming? More like Global cooking.....what an inconvenient truth

And you are moving? Moving is bad enough...moving in heat makes it at least 10x worse!!

hoping it goes down to the normal of 80-ish by the time that happens. fortunately I have tons of time to move so most of the moving will be done by me except for the large stuff. on days like today I wouldn't do much moving but I'd make the time to go to the range or play though....

And you are moving? Moving is bad enough...moving in heat makes it at least 10x worse!!

I was looking at the weather back home in Texas and it went something like this: 97, 100, 100, 101, 103, 100, 100 ... lol

Ahh... you guys whine when you're under 10 ft of snow then you whine when the gauge hits triple digits. Embrace the heat, at least you have AC and shorts (in your case jorts) and you can golf.

FIFY...lol
I was looking at Hanks' last rounds and it went something like this: 97, 100, 100, 101, 103, 100, 100 ... lol

dude it's all about the extremes which sucks....we used to have 'seasons' but now we go from winter...to a week or 2 of spring...and then right into oppressive heat..a week or 2 of fall....and then blizzards
Ahh... you guys whine when you're under 10 ft of snow then you whine when the gauge hits triple digits. Embrace the heat, at least you have AC and shorts (in your case jorts) and you can golf.

dude it's all about the extremes which sucks....we used to have 'seasons' but now we go from winter...to a week or 2 of spring...and then right into oppressive heat..a week or 2 of fall....and then blizzards

Haha, we're used to it down here (the 2 season thing). Only difference is we have 9 months of Summer and 3 months of Spring. I remember living up there and spring was the worst since I have allergies. I knew when spring was coming when I started sneezing and the eyes started to itch. You guys still have seasons you just don't realize it because time flies and all you can remember is the blizzards and the convection oven.

all was going well at the range today hitting my irons sweet and next thing i look over my shoulder and there is a guy setting up next to me..... no problem until he starts hitting his driver and i have no idea how he was doing it but his tee was landing about 6-8 inches in front of me every time, which meant every time i had to step back from my shot and go through my pre shot routine again and again and again dunno why but it drove me nuts. then while i'm practicing chips same guy decides to come over and starts telling me he is a 10 HC and that i'm chipping all wrong and that he was there every day at lunchtime, i was thinking "dude get lost" i'm not th greatest golfer but the way i chip works for me and i'm happy with it. in the end i taught f**k this i'm going to the putting green. i said good luck walked away and i look back to see he walked away to some other guy ha ha.

moral of the rant = dont go to the range at lunchtime ever again and at 28 i should never talk to strangers

I was looking at the weather back home in Texas and it went something like this: 97, 100, 100, 101, 103, 100, 100 ... lol

Yep - and I love it!! No need for running anymore for me. Weights 5 days a week plus getting my cardio by walking 18 or 36 in the heat fits me just perfectly!

It has yet to hit triple digits this summer here in Vegas. Might be the coolest nicest May/June so far that I can remember.

I like it hot.

My rant is:

We are forced to do ergonomic exercises at work and we all gather to do them at a central location a couple times a day. To round up folks for their twice daily humiliation, we have a stuffed chicken that sings the chicken dance song. It lives in a KFC bucket and we draw names to see who the unlucky person is that has to walk around with the bucket, play the chicken song, and then lead the humbled minions in their exercises. I'm the leader next week. I really like the chicken dance song, but I hate exercise.

I like it hot.

My rant is:

We are forced to do ergonomic exercises at work and we all gather to do them at a central location a couple times a day. To round up folks for their twice daily humiliation, we have a stuffed chicken that sings the chicken dance song. It lives in a KFC bucket and we draw names to see who the unlucky person is that has to walk around with the bucket, play the chicken song, and then lead the humbled minions in their exercises. I'm the leader next week. I really like the chicken dance song, but I hate exercise.

Where do you work? That seems so odd.

A large utility company. Ergonomic exercises are not that uncommon in corporate land. It's so the weak wristed folks get a couple extra years out of their hands before the old carpal tunnel sets in :devil:

I like it hot.

My rant is:

.... Wtf?

HAWK: I should neg rep you because since reading your exercise post I have been humming the Chicken Dance song. Thanks for that buddy!

A large utility company. Ergonomic exercises are not that uncommon in corporate land. It's so the weak wristed folks get a couple extra years out of their hands before the old carpal tunnel sets in :devil:

Gotcha. At first I was thinking you were talking about some pilates stuff or something. Haha

I would have loved to see them try and implement that at the office I used to work. Those people complained about having to walk to others offices. They'd send an e-mail to come to their office when they had a question for me. I mean come on, you can't come to my office when you have a question for me??? Pure laziness. I can't stand offices, way to many negative people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back