Project X Even Flow Riptide MX and LX Shafts

From everything you've said about what you like, and how you build into your swing speed, I'm starting to think you might enjoy it.

I need to get one. I am just trying to decide MX or LX. So far it does not seem that the LX is that low launching in the reviews I have seen. But smooth feel and low torque sounds like my kinda shaft.

I need to get one. I am just trying to decide MX or LX. So far it does not seem that the LX is that low launching in the reviews I have seen. But smooth feel and low torque sounds like my kinda shaft.
I want to put it back on my TSi3 9 for a round soon. This last round surprised my a little, but I've always hit the Speed 9* pretty high, so I want to be able to compare with how I'm swinging right now.

Reactions: MH
Have any previous Riptide users tried these yet?

I played a Riptide 60X way back at the beginning of Mavrik, but that's been a while and my swing, courses, and weather were all a little different then. I'm curious what someone who more recently played one thinks of these.

I put it in play today because of some unfortunate events that killed my main driver setup. Put it on a TSi3 head similarly weighted to what I normally play, and I stand by my initial reaction. It plays pretty low flight, for me. That's coming from a tipped Ventus Black 6X, which is important context. This definitely feels softer overall despite my LX being a TX. Seems like it's in the handle. And with my swing I get l more forward deflection with it too. Moves my strike down the head. Combined with some lean on the handle, it's a lower flight.

It can be unique to my type of swing, but softer butt or mid bend I tend to hit more flat, and have to adjust to it.

Not really a complaint or anything, just pretty observable. Didn't have trouble working it a bit both ways, and played well with it. Feels stable and kinda soft and satisfying through impact. Keep thinking it might be a better fit for my non-driver swing. An LX - UW combo is on my mind.

Well I replaced my TSi3 head, but alas, the Ventus snapped today. Had to put the Riptide back in. Super frustrating on a day when I was excited to have my gamer back and had been mashing the ball through the first 11 holes with some serious precision.

Anyway, did okay with the Riptide LX 60TX until the end and then stopped at the range to try to figure out how to make it do the things I want. Fought it for a few, and then resigned myself to just swinging it how it wants to be swung. For the only flight it wants with me swinging it how it likes.

Which is high fades. Put 5 through the back corner of the range and called it quits. It's a fine flight and long, just not very versatile. I struggle to shape it on a lower flight.

So it feels nice, launches well on a less aggressive swing, and doesn't seem to love turning over. Which usually means a lot of people that aren't me will really like it. Definitely think some of you should give it a try.

And this one might be for sale here if I can ever get my favored setup back up and running again.

Last edited:
The MX is still on my list of ponders that didn’t go away. 70g, 3w :unsure:

That red finish 😬

That red finish 😬

It's impossible to forget that red finish once it's in your brain.

Also HOLY COW you don't think your winter re-fit that saves your back is that much different until you see a Nov. video of yourself. :oops:

Still have this one too. Played it in the Stealth some. Even the the black tigering and red letters are hard to quit. :LOL:

Last edited:
It's impossible to forget that red finish once it's in your brain.

Also HOLY COW you don't think your winter re-fit that saves your back is that much different until you see a Nov. video of yourself. :oops:

Still have this one too. Played it in the Stealth some. Even the the black tigering and red letters are hard to quit. :LOL:

I still have the original Riptide in a Mavrik around here somewhere. The red drips 🩸 🩸🩸 are something else. It’s been a minute since I had a 3w shaft really gelled with. Last season was not it. Maybe this is all meant to be part of this winter refit you speak of. Winter re-fit. Yeah, that’s it.

Yep, had to go check. Brain fade creeping in. Mav SZ 4w had a Riptide too. Good combo. MX ponders have precedent.

So…anyone hitting the LX?

I know @OldandStiff did for a while. I have wanted to, but have not pulled the trigger.
Tempted to grab one.

Its wild to be that the buzz on these here just....died. But it seems they have some Tour traction.

Tempted to grab one.

Its wild to be that the buzz on these here just....died. But it seems they have some Tour traction.

The even flow line is one that always seems to get lost in the shuffle. It seems that it is a bit of a second fiddle to the smoke line. I can't really say why.

I know @OldandStiff did for a while. I have wanted to, but have not pulled the trigger.
I pulled the uni-fit off mine the other day. Might list it. It will play a little shorter than standard now though so if no one wants I'm going to put it in the UW and see what kind of man I am. :LOL:

I pulled the uni-fit off mine the other day. Might list it. It will play a little shorter than standard now though so if no one wants I'm going to put it in the UW and see what kind of man I am. :LOL:

Won't be too light?

Won't be too light?
That's the thing. I'm playing a 70g in it right now. RDX 70X. And it was great until recently. I'm overworking it a bit. The 60 LX TX is 67g. So weight wise it'll be just a little lighter, but play a lot stiffer. Like, a ton. I can bend that RDX in my hands pretty easy, and the LX is like iron. Lol So no worries about it holding up. Timing it on the other hand could be a challenge.

So…anyone hitting the LX?
I played my first of my year with the LX 60 in my Rogue Max LS and really enjoyed it. I did pick up my Accra TZ Six gen 2 after that round and got to use it today and I think I’m leaning to the Accra to get the start. The LX will be in the bag again at some point

I played my first of my year with the LX 60 in my Rogue Max LS and really enjoyed it. I did pick up my Accra TZ Six gen 2 after that round and got to use it today and I think I’m leaning to the Accra to get the start. The LX will be in the bag again at some point
What did you think of the feel difference? I have experimented with both of these and they are pretty different and both really good shafts.

What did you think of the feel difference? I have experimented with both of these and they are pretty different and both really good shafts.
I agree they both felt great It’s strange since both are so different. I liked them both but think I’m leaning towards the Tz6, I only had one round with the LX and 2 with the Accra. I’m going to have to take both to the range and test together.

I agree they both felt great It’s strange since both are so different. I liked them both but think I’m leaning towards the Tz6, I only had one round with the LX and 2 with the Accra. I’m going to have to take both to the range and test together.
Looking forward to your thoughts

Looking forward to your thoughts
I now have the Trono 65s in a 9* LTDx to test against the the Rogue. On paper it should be very different as well

I now have the Trono 65s in a 9* LTDx to test against the the Rogue. On paper it should be very different as well
I’m not a fan of that one, but I know others are.

I hit a bunch of balls out to the field with the LX and the Accra. Somehow the tz6 feels a bit smoother to me but I don’t think there’s much difference in ball flight and distance is very similar. I will revisit this shaft later in the year but I think I’m going with the Accra to start the season

Grabbed an LX 6.5 with a Titleist tip. Long ponder.

6.5 70g LX is here!!!!

I should put it right into play for todays tournament shouldn’t I? Of course I should.

Back