2022 Titleist Tour Speed and Tour Soft Golf Balls

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
There is no doubt that when it comes to Titleist golf ball releases, the ProV1, ProV1x, and AVX draw the lions share of attention on the internet. However, that is missing a massive piece of the pie for Titleist as a golf ball manufacturer as they continue to develop and push one of the most comprehensive and option driven lineups out there.  Introducing the 2022 Titleist Tour Speed and Tour Soft Golf Balls.

Two designs which have truly rounded things out for Titleist are the Tour Soft and Tour Speed. This year marks the release of the third and second iterations of those golf balls respectively, and rest...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Jman. It seems we haven't heard much about Tour Speed as QST, Tour Response and Vice Pro gets a bigger following in this category. I wonder if it was because of the cost difference. (TR just had an increase). Look forward to more information and reviews on the Tour Speed.

I am looking forward to trying both of these out.
Really liked that quote about aerodynamics because it is something that is overlooked a bit (its hard to quantify) but during a THP Experience a number of years ago we tested dimple patterns and lack there of and saw some pretty crazy results.

Great write up @Jman looking forward to seeing and hearing more. I have no problem swapping balls to something else as I continue my search. I'll keep my eye out for some reviews of these.

Looking forward to seeing any change in the Tour Speed. The first Gen wasn't very durable and did everything as advertised just ok.

Great write up James. Admittedly, the Tour Speed is a ball model that I never really paid attention to but feel the need to after reading your article.

Nice article!

So... the Toursoft model at $35... isn't that in the same range as Callaway's Supersoft? And isn't the Toursoft about the same type of construction? Is the Toursoft a competitor to the Supersoft?

Nice article!

So... the Toursoft model at $35... isn't that in the same range as Callaway's Supersoft? And isn't the Toursoft about the same type of construction? Is the Toursoft a competitor to the Supersoft?
In terms of layers and cover material, yes. In a general sense being that they are two piece golf balls and neither have a urethane cover. Core size and obviously compression are differentiators along with thickness of the cover.

I really was surprised by the last version of the Tour Speed. I will have to give this new version a look as well. I like what I'm reading about the penetrating ball flight. Also based on what I'm reading it sounds very similar to the Q-Star Tour which I also intend to give a good look this year.

Another great writeup, James. This gives me still more to think about. My default gamer remains the e12 Contact but I believe I give up too much yardage with it. (I get a LOT of spin with it.) The AVX works really well for me, but I am on the prowl to see whether there is something similar at a nicer price point. So now these two get added to my tryout list along with the Q-Star Tour and CSX LS (which isn't less expensive.)

Nice article!

Supersoft is $25 and IMO one of the best values in a golf ball.

These lines are interesting because you can point to other brands that potentially offer the same characteristics at a lower price point (see Q about Supersoft above, for example). However, they're going to offer you the ballflight exactly as Titleist describes it, and you're not going to have any concerns over consistency.

I'm a huge fan of the QST which is right in that price range, so once my supply of 10 doz. balls in the closet starts to dwindle down, I'll have to try and check them out.

Nice article!

Wow is that how much the Callaway Supersoft is in USA? 😳. They’re pretty popular here in the UK but very much a budget/bargain bin ball. 15 pack for not much more than $20…

Wow is that how much the Callaway Supersoft is in USA? 😳. They’re pretty popular here in the UK but very much a budget/bargain bin ball. 15 pack for not much more than $20…
He was referring to the golf ball being in the same range.
SuperSoft is less money.

He was referring to the golf ball being in the same range.
SuperSoft is less money.
Ahhhh I see 👍.

Really enjoyed playing the Tour Speed before I moved to the Chrome Soft X, might have to take a look at them again.

I haven't tried the Tour Speed, but the Tour Soft was a pretty good ball when I tried it. Good distance and decent spin on approaches. Being a non-urethane cover, the spin around the greens wasn't as good as the QST, but I really liked the ball overall. But, for the same price, I think the QST is a better ball. I need to try the the Tour Speed sometime and see how it compares.

I’m really hoping the cover on the speed is more durable this time, that was a solid golf ball outside of that previously

I’m really hoping the cover on the speed is more durable this time, that was a solid golf ball outside of that previously
I agree with this. I kind of like the alignment aid as well. Works great when I don't have a sharpie handy

Nice article!

more of a competitor to the Callaway ERC. I think

No, I was wrong with the price. As @Reframmellator noted, the Callaway Supersoft is a $25 a dozen ball. I like that price and I think it's a good ball for the amount I've played it so far. (That's not much yet.):ROFLMAO:

Great article! I hope you get to test these. Only flaw of the Tour Speed prior gen was the feel. They just felt sounded odd. Hopefully that is fixed here.

2nd Swing has a series of videos comparing Titleist Balls with two very different swing speeds and the numbers show very little performance difference between the TruFeel and these two balls. Chip shots of course are about personal preference and style.

I was a fan of the Tour Speed because it was cheaper than a ProV1, hope this year's model is similar, doesn't need to improve much

Back