KINETIXX TUNED ZERO TRQ Putter Shaft

Think we are going into a Toulon Seattle to mess around with
Still haven’t had the opportunity to try a Seattle but that sounds like a fun experiment

I took a risk, and I am absolutely THRILLED that I did.

Pulled the Zero TRQ from the Toulon and put it in a deep milled head. Instantly on the putting green the shaft and head cooperation was obvious, with the audible change from the traditional steel shaft absolutely complimenting the sound profile of the deeper milling.

I was blown away. It seems like the perfect marriage, and even more interesting as I let the guys roll it and give their feedback, they were very impressed with how controlled the head felt even on their less than stellar strikes.

For me, it was about finding the right sound, and it hits differently - I'm typically not a huge fan of a deep mill, but I swear it sharpens the sound just enough to make me actually enjoy the profile again.

Unreal. This shaft continues to just mess with my head.

Pulled the Zero TRQ from the Toulon and put it in a deep milled head. Instantly on the putting green the shaft and head cooperation was obvious, with the audible change from the traditional steel shaft absolutely complimenting the sound profile of the deeper milling.

I was blown away. It seems like the perfect marriage, and even more interesting as I let the guys roll it and give their feedback, they were very impressed with how controlled the head felt even on their less than stellar strikes.

For me, it was about finding the right sound, and it hits differently - I'm typically not a huge fan of a deep mill, but I swear it sharpens the sound just enough to make me actually enjoy the profile again.

Interesting.

I was pondering switching it from the lighter milled swag to the deeper milled ben hogan.

Now, I ponder stronger.

Interesting.

I was pondering switching it from the lighter milled swag to the deeper milled ben hogan.

Now, I ponder stronger.
I'm selfishly hoping you do, and then tell us if you feel the same way.

I'm selfishly hoping you do, and then tell us if you feel the same way.
I walked out to the garage last night, thinking about it. But it was too damn hot already. :LOL:

Maybe we'll get a cold front soon.

//adds air conditioned work area to new house wish list.

20220522_130221.jpg

20220522_130225.jpg

Also, yes.

I have it in my Bettinardi Queen Bee 6. Love it

I have it in my Bettinardi Queen Bee 6. Love it
I really want to try this shaft and I'm rolling my Queen Bee so well.... I'm hesitant to pull it apart.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Kinda bummer for a first practice green session.

The quick, direct feel is lessened in the deeper milled head. But there's nothing in its place. Left a lot of distance putts short because of the lack of feel.

Still rock solid for squaring shorter putts.

Kinda bummer for a first practice green session.

The quick, direct feel is lessened in the deeper milled head. But there's nothing in its place. Left a lot of distance putts short because of the lack of feel.

Still rock solid for squaring shorter putts.
The whole set up is just kinda heavy still which I actually think I figured out a bit better. Much better session, not going in the bag quite yet but interested how it goes out on the course eventually.

I think I updated more in the Ben Hogan thread last year, but all the graphite talk made me search for this.

After trying a few newer graphite options, the zero trq is still by far the funkiest feeling and possibly still my favorite.

So, I fiiiiiiiinally have a head I can put this into now! I’ll roll with the new SL for a bit to discuss it, but having a plumbers neck has now made this viable for me again and I’m pumped.

So, I fiiiiiiiinally have a head I can put this into now! I’ll roll with the new SL for a bit to discuss it, but having a plumbers neck has now made this viable for me again and I’m pumped.
I have so much to learn about putter shafts. Im intrigued by quite a few of them.

It's intense.

People always say “why doesn’t anybody on tour use it”.

Well they did. And won.

Saw that. Makes me want to bring it back out.

Congrats to Murray! I'm still using my Zero Trq shaft with an Odyssey Tank #1 head. Such a great shaft paired with the white hot insert.

Back