I need new wedges. I'm holding off on until this and the Ping release so I can try them against the Cobra and Mizunos. I like the plain and simple look of these

Anybody hit the new SM9’s yet vs SM8? I have heard they appear smaller than the 8, but I love the shape of 8 and wouldn’t want the look much different.

I am gaming the SM8's I love the classic look to them . One of the things which drew me to them actually. They feel amazing , my short game gained confidence by putting them in the bag

Anybody hit the new SM9’s yet vs SM8? I have heard they appear smaller than the 8, but I love the shape of 8 and wouldn’t want the look much different.
They don't look that much different to me. I can take some pictures for you tomorrow probably.

20220315_115927.jpg

Can you tell the difference? I can take a million pictures of them, but I tried to find a 8 vs. 9 that actually looked more different at address, and this is what I got. Teardrop slightly changed, sole width is a little bit too (these are M grinds btw) but everything is real subtle. They're Vokeys, they're great, they play great, the biggest visual difference to me is the top line. It's rounded really like l nicely compared to the 8s. Looks less boxy, thinner. And in terms of playability the main difference I see, and I've mentioned it a bunch, is how they put more meat up top again on some of the higher lofts again like they had with the 7s.

20220315_122341.jpg

See little more progressive beef.

@OldandStiff yeah not a ton of difference there. They look clean and I need a new gap and lob so I suppose I may as well just add the full set of new ones. Thank you!

I’ve been gaming the 60* SM9 for about a month now. For the past 5 years the highest lofted wedge I’ve used was my 58* and I only used that from 60yds and in & out of bunkers.
The SM9 60* has added a new dimension to my bag. So versatile on areas around the green and it has been amazing out of the sand.

54D/60D en route.

The last time I gamed Titleist wedges, it was the SM8 at early release and had some finish issues - which had me go in a different direction.
In the time I used them, I was average a hole out about once a month.. It was kind of insane.

I think about that a lot. Wondering if SM9 has the same kind of magic.

T
The last time I gamed Titleist wedges, it was the SM8 at early release and had some finish issues - which had me go in a different direction.
In the time I used them, I was average a hole out about once a month.. It was kind of insane.

They do.

I dare you...

I really enjoy my SM8s. I cannot justify upgrading since my grooves are still fresh, and my wedges are looking mighty rusty and beautiful, but these look great.

I dare you...

I really enjoy my SM8s. I cannot justify upgrading since my grooves are still fresh, and my wedges are looking mighty rusty and beautiful, but these look great.
That's not polite.

haha, well, if you say so..
To be fair, I'm back and forth between 9s and two different sets of 8s. Feel wise, i think they are very similar. At address, the 9 is definitely a little more pleasing to my eye - which I'm sure is all in my head.

Lately I've been having trouble gauging distance on the 54° SM9. It feels very jumpy to me, and I can't explain it. Specs are the same as the 8s, and I don't get this poppy-flyer type pitches that I am getting with this one club in particular.

[…] the best players in the world, as well as the weekend warrior, is rather impressive. While it has not exactly been a secret, today, we mark the official release of the Vokey SM9 […]

Had some seriously good shots with the SM9 50° today. really enjoy the weight/feel of the SM9's. Need to replace my 58° over the winter and it will be another SM9

Back