I’m really into a groove with my 921’s. Kids schedules have kept me off the course more than I care for, but when I do play these offer the prefect level or forgiveness and profile I want. I struggled early with the long irons, but that was all me. I adjusted my set up and while work still needs to be done, contact and results are much better. I’m also happy I went back to Recoils. Easy to load and provides that launch window I like to see.

i played yesterday and I didn’t hit one bad iron shot. Some bad bounces and aggressive lines got the best of me, but I struck them well (for my skill level) and I’m really happy.

this was a range session from Friday. IIRC this was my 8 or 6 iron.

Last edited:
Been plAying 921F since they were released and don’t have any reason to switch right now. Feel is good, results are nice. They pack plenty of distance.

Using them with recoil 95. I like.

I am really enjoying the HMP irons. Distances are gapped perfectly from the 5i to the PW and haven't ever noticed any flyers with any of them. The Recoil 95F4 is a great combo with this head.

I’m a broken record. These irons are everything I need. Plenty of distance and forgiveness packed into a profile I really like. I have the HMP’s in the 5-7 and now that I’ve adjusted a bit, I’m hitting them fairly decent and getting some good carry numbers. I ordered the 5-7 forged so I’m excited to try those out when they get here.

I own srixon zx7 and the 921 HMP.
Had the z585 that I got on sale to pair with my zx7 but not sure if it was the shaft I did not find them longer or more forgiving.

I got a great trade in deal for them getting back my full investment.
Tried some other player distance irons and the best looking feeling and performing were the HMP.

Made the switch. I don't use the 4 iron as I just don't get enough height on it. But the rest of the set is great.
About 5 to 7 yards longer than my srixons and more forgiving.
Feel not quite as good.

Only thing I don't live kids you can see some of the back of the club on the 5 iron.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

What GW is everyone using with their HMPs? Go 921 forged or another route with something like a Ping Glide?

Thanks.

What GW is everyone using with their HMPs? Go 921 forged or another route with something like a Ping Glide?

Thanks.
I support matching it to your wedges rather than your irons.

love my 921's really hitting them well as of late with the recoil shaft. As far as wedges still got my Cleveland RTX's or maybe RTX2 not sure but they are solid

Thanks.
I have the forged irons and stayed in the forged for the GW and really happy I did. I like the foregiveness full swing and it feels soft enough that I enjoy chipping with it. It doesn’t have the sole grinds that you might find on a specialty wedge of you manipulate the face a bunch but is a workhorse for straight forward chips and pitches. (and I let the speciality sw and lw handle the tricky shots).

I finally had a decent for me ball striking round this evening. I had kinda forgotten how good these irons feel and perform for me.

Forgot to drop the data in here…

A53AD5F8-6403-4BCE-A7F1-92778541F1DD.jpeg

First range session of the year on Friday, and managed to hit some long iron shots that just absolutely shocked me how good they were.

Man I love my Hot Metals. Even after the layoff, they make me feel like my last round was a couple days ago instead of last August.

I am a giant idiot. I've been playing golf for 40 years and never had or even tried any Mizuno irons. I've always been a lower handicap, but never considered ball striking to be my strongest area. As a result, I've tended to stick with more forgiving clubs and have been a Ping fanboy forever. I've always had the perception that Mizuno's were only for the best ball strikers.

I had a bad experience with Ping the last couple years getting anything and had a really bad experience with some i525's earlier this year. Sort of on a whim, I picked up some JPX 921 Forged irons used. Wow, they feel SO much better than any Ping I've hit. Through my first few rounds with them, I don't feel like I'm giving up much, if anything in the forgiveness department. My stock miss is a little thin and the 921F's seem to do quite well in that department.

I'm afraid I've ruined myself for using another Ping product in the future. How could I have gone this long without ever trying a Mizuno product???

I am a giant idiot. I've been playing golf for 40 years and never had or even tried any Mizuno irons. I've always been a lower handicap, but never considered ball striking to be my strongest area. As a result, I've tended to stick with more forgiving clubs and have been a Ping fanboy forever. I've always had the perception that Mizuno's were only for the best ball strikers.

I had a bad experience with Ping the last couple years getting anything and had a really bad experience with some i525's earlier this year. Sort of on a whim, I picked up some JPX 921 Forged irons used. Wow, they feel SO much better than any Ping I've hit. Through my first few rounds with them, I don't feel like I'm giving up much, if anything in the forgiveness department. My stock miss is a little thin and the 921F's seem to do quite well in that department.

I'm afraid I've ruined myself for using another Ping product in the future. How could I have gone this long without ever trying a Mizuno product???

Strange to me that your Ping experiences are that bad… Mizunos do have a great feel no doubt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At my lesson on Friday I crisped up a few strikes and was reminded how nice the Forgeds feel when used properly.
They also feel good off the hosel, but less good off the bottom couple grooves.

I could have written this myself! Sold my I525s and I am waiting on my new 921 forged irons,

On course now and when I do my part these are so good….

but with the my part, I need the 5 and 6 hot metal to get here asap 🤣

JPX 921 Forged 9i…. 138yds and landed 7ft from the hole. These are fun to hit.

64C40C32-6F32-4133-A296-E4C110A2650C.jpeg

Last edited:
Swing is starting to round out a bit and put several good ones in play and a little cut punch back into the fairway. The irons are really responsive.

The 921 Forged are starting to come alive for me. Almost seven strokes gained over my last 25 round average.
8DC13EA3-0031-4317-B6EB-EC5A1CEC18FC.jpeg

Good round with the HMP irons today, 11 GIR today. Distances continue to be good and consistent for me. Shoot the pin and rarely need to think twice about which club to grab. Really enjoying the Recoil F4 shafts in them, elbow issues have all but disappeared.

I've now got a dozen rounds or so in with the JPX Forged. I went from Ping i525's to Callaway Apex 21 forged earlier this season and remembered how much better I thought the Callaway's felt vs. the i525's and got rid of the i525's. Right after that I picked up the used JPX forged to try them against the Callaway's and was surprised how much better the Mizuno's felt. After playing the Mizuno's for a while, I hit the Callaway's on the range last night.....they have some nice attributes, but I was able to confidently confirm that they are a downgrade vs. the Mizuno's in the looks and feel department for me. I can't imagine what the i525's would feel like now that I've hit the Mizuno's for a while............

The Ole' HMPs is working really well. Last week in league, I shot +3. The irons did their job with a lil help from me. Would have been better if I didn't leave (its horrible) 4 birdie putts short UGH. Greens were super fast and I must have been scared lol I didn't even give myself a chance LOL My 5 FliHi should ship in the next couple days....should be good

Back