What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

I thought CSX or CSXLS were my ball. After a few weeks and a golf ball fitting, I think CS is the best ball for me. Great golf ball and I hit it a tad straighter and like the feel a tad more over the CSXLS. On perfect swings, CSX LS is great for me. Overall, CS is better for me

I know the guys from the Grandaddy mentioned the new CS/CSX ball coming out has been improved but I’m not sure how. I’ve been using the CSX exclusively since it came out and it’s transformed my game. Off the tee it’s longer than anything I’ve ever played which is odd given the profile of player this ball targets.

The spin profile through the bag is perfect and with the irons/wedges is where I’m enjoying it the most. I usually don’t spin the ball a lot with approach shots and this ball helps me. It doesn’t matter if it’s from the fairway or the rough, the ball lands on the green and stops within a few feet of the ball mark. I played with @badolds & @pattyboy21 And they had a front row seat to some great shots that landed within 10-15 ft if the pin from different lies.

I’m looking forward to the new version, but I’m stocking up on this one in case it doesn’t work out for me.

I was gifted 2 sleeves of the ChromeSoft X balls by my secret santa. Have 2 rounds in with them and I am really liking what I see and feel with these balls. Off of the tee with driver I have been straighter than usual and while it could be some swing changes to explain that, I do feel that the ball has something to do with it as well.

Another round coming up on Thursday and hoping for some of the same results I have seen the last 2 times out with these balls.

To be honest, had I not been gifted these balls, I likely may not have have ever tried them. Callaway ball selector always directs me to the regular ChromeSofts.

I was gifted 2 sleeves of the ChromeSoft X balls by my secret santa. Have 2 rounds in with them and I am really liking what I see and feel with these balls. Off of the tee with driver I have been straighter than usual and while it could be some swing changes to explain that, I do feel that the ball has something to do with it as well.

Another round coming up on Thursday and hoping for some of the same results I have seen the last 2 times out with these balls.

To be honest, had I not been gifted these balls, I likely may not have have ever tried them. Callaway ball selector always directs me to the regular ChromeSofts.
They are so good, especially in the wind.

They are so good, especially in the wind.
Totally agree. Has been pretty windy here and they just penetrate so much better than other balls I have used.

csxtt continues to be my favorite ball ever. in fittings i’m constantly told i need higher launch and higher spin if i’m going to hold greens. no one believes me that my shots hold just fine, which i attribute to this ball.

played the csx for a few holes on the back 9 the other day. first time i've played it in a long time...we got along well, i thought.

My BiL got me a mix of chrome soft, X , XLS to test out this bring. I believe the x or LS are gonna be my best fit.
That's a good brother in law!

put some 2020 cs (not x) in play today. full swings were pretty darn good. not as much spin on approaches as i would like but that never hurt me too badly. off the putter was a disaster though. this ball just exploded off the face and i never got used to it.

put some 2020 cs (not x) in play today. full swings were pretty darn good. not as much spin on approaches as i would like but that never hurt me too badly. off the putter was a disaster though. this ball just exploded off the face and i never got used to it.

i take it back. i take it ALL back. still playing this chrome soft (not x) ball, and wow was it ever good today. backed up some full swing irons, zipped some wedges, chips and pitches performed well, and distance control off the putter was impeccable.

I am loving the CSX LS...it spins enough around the greens for me and has lowered my driver spin from 2700 to 2400-2500. That small change in spin (and some warmer weather) has my tee shots now going over 270+ on good swings, instead of about 255 when I was spinning closer to 3k

I am loving the CSX LS...it spins enough around the greens for me and has lowered my driver spin from 2700 to 2400-2500. That small change in spin (and some warmer weather) has my tee shots now going over 270+ on good swings, instead of about 255 when I was spinning closer to 3k
Wrong year golf ball, I'm using the 2022 version but still what the heck, I'll post here too

Back