JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of months ago we featured a deep dive review on the Alphard Club Booster V2 with a beta version of their coming soon follow feature. Not only did the device impress us, it led us down the path of wanting to learn more and why this company has not been wildly adopted by millions of walking golfers.

Alphard Golf as a brand did not pop out of thin air, but rather spent time innovating both for themselves and others in a space that was growing rapidly in the game. To better understand, we asked Alex Tse, Founder of Alphard Golf to explain the origins.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-27-at-10.25.48-AM-1024x682.png
Original Press Release Photo of the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great write up @JB. Interesting to see how the Hoverboard has actually helped golf! Great read

Good stuff, was a lot of fun to review the V2 and it’s changed how I walk on the course. The innovation and competence is real for Alphard, it’s also nice to see a company that has crowd sourced, and actually delivered.

Outstanding read!. If I were going to a battery powered cart today, this is the route I would certainly use since I have a pretty new manual push cart.

Cool story

Cool feature. The V2 is pretty cool and the sidekick sounds awesome. I think I’d be one of the ones who don’t love the TFS personally so when they perfect it, it should be pretty darn cool. Lol at the droid references

Fun story. I like the innovation and thought process with it.

Nice write up. I think I might be on the camp of wanting a whole new cart if I’m going electric. The V2 piques my interest but every time I look into it I don’t get the “I need it” feeling.

Two guys I know have the Alphard wheels. One of them bought in during the early prototype days.

I started walking last year and my wife started the year before during the Covid Pandemic. I try to walk twice a week for at least 9 holes. Having to push the cart definitely tires me out if I walk 18. Having the electric wheels would encourage me to walk more.

The follow feature is something I think that would be good, but having no experience with electric push carts can’t say for sure whether that is a must have or a nice to have feature. The tether is not that attractive to me.

Great read the sidekick sound really interesting.

Really cool story and love that they didn't give up with the early lack of success.
Great write up @JB. Interesting to see how the Hoverboard has actually helped golf! Great read
I liked this part of it as well. Always really cool to see how tech developed for one use ends up being really useful for something else.

Really cool story and love that they didn't give up with the early lack of success.

I liked this part of it as well. Always really cool to see how tech developed for one use ends up being really useful for something else.

really cool to see this adaptation, to be honest.

Great stuff, JB.
I always look forward to these brand stories. This one was especially fun because I'm currently obsessed with electric caddies 😆

Great stuff, JB.
I always look forward to these brand stories. This one was especially fun because I'm currently obsessed with electric caddies 😆
It is a great option for those with a push cart they like.

Is this the same Alphard that makes car audio equipment? If so that is a very diverse brand.

Is this the same Alphard that makes car audio equipment? If so that is a very diverse brand.
I do not believe so, no.

Great brand story @JB. Great determination to keep pressing forward with their ideas.

I do not believe so, no.
Got it, I competed years ago and Alphard/Deaf Bonce was a big brand to use so I saw the name and thought no way it is the same company right? Anyways this seems like a great concept for those that really like their cart they have now but want motorized.

Great brand story @JB. Great determination to keep pressing forward with their ideas.
That is a lot of what I took from it. The perseverance to stay the course because you believe in yourself and ideas.

Very cool story. I have held out from purchasing one because I a) thought I wasn't old enough for one and b) thought that the tech would just keep getting better and better. I am getting older by the day as my body likes to remind me and the tech seems to be improving in ways I couldn't have imagined. Will probably look at picking one up at some point soon.

Great article @JB . I have a V2 I would consider the TFS module at some point. But the main thing is, well 2 things. 1, for those who already own a pushcart but still don't 'love' to walk or have limited storage and want an electric caddie this is PERFECT. 2, it's less costly - in many cases - mainly for those who already the pushcart.

But for me, I really like to walk but eastern seaboard we have tons of heat and humidity so this makes the walk tolerable. It saves $ long term, helps keep you fit, and in my opinion, it's actually less taxing and more relaxing (I guess) to use than a riding cart. Oh, and it goes places you can't go in a riding cart too.

It's huge win for the market and for golfers willing to take a chance. I would say it was my best purchase since returning to golf in 2021 - and I have bought iron, woods, drivers, 2 bags, tons of balls, clothes and the list goes on. NOTHING has made the game more fun than this devise - outside of the 2021 Mizuno Experience that is.

Reactions: JB
Very cool story. I have held out from purchasing one because I a) thought I wasn't old enough for one and b) thought that the tech would just keep getting better and better. I am getting older by the day as my body likes to remind me and the tech seems to be improving in ways I couldn't have imagined. Will probably look at picking one up at some point soon.
I thought that too. Then started using an electric caddy and I can’t imagine going back

Before the Alphard I used (and felt like a dork) the ancient things that had timers and marine batteries. Then I got a deal on a Caddytrek (I think it was) it was good - when it worked but it was inconsistent. Then I got really fat, had a couple surgeries and thought my golf life was over. I was wrong. I lost weight, got in shape and fell in love with the game all over again. Last summer I bought the V2. And yes, the first time, again felt like a dork. I got some looks and questions in the parking lot. I think I have been one of Alphard's best owners - selling by my glowing reviews to anyone who asks (and for that matter, Budget Golf too).

Now, I can't recall the last round I played where I did not see at least 1 other (often move at busy weekend times) person with an electric trolley.

They have come a long way, and you need not be old to use and appreciate them.

Great backstory. Purchased mine in early 2021 from Budget Golf. Almost jumped on the 1st Kickstarter campaign but in the end did not. Best investment in my game in years. Have sold 4 for them at my course alone. Like others I get questions all the time.

Back