Tour Edge Hot Launch 522 Series

I just received the E522 iron woods & they are awesome. I really like the sleeker look & the Houdini soles are less protruding than the E521’s. I’ve owned every version of the Hot Launch series & the E522’s are the best over-all iron woods so far. Great job Tour Edge!

I just received the E522 iron woods & they are awesome. I really like the sleeker look & the Houdini soles are less protruding than the E521’s. I’ve owned every version of the Hot Launch series & the E522’s are the best over-all iron woods so far. Great job Tour Edge!

that’s awesome. Can’t wait to hear more about how they work for you.

I'm looking for a primarily distance 3-wood, and trying to decide between the E522, and Tight Lies. The shape of the E522 speaks to me as I always have done well with low profile, and I'm not put off by a little offset.

Anyone gaming the E522 want to chime in on the playability with the Houdini sole?

I played my first round with the E522 iron woods. The first thing I noticed was a completely new sound. These irons have a “ping” metal sound compared to the E521’s. Mine came with mid-sized grips which felt really good.

Saw the iron wood in shop for the first time last night. They looked a little less bulky than previous versions to my eye. I’m not sure if they did slim them down or if using black makes them look slimmer, but the 6i I was holding at address didn’t look like it had as much mass behind as in past years.

Yes, there’s some offset, but they look like they can kill the ball.

I wonder how much of a difference there is between the E522 and the TEE 220H line besides some looks. They both seem to be geared towards the same type of golfer, are more hybrid than traditional iron, etc.

I just had a C522 hybrid show up today. I'll be trying it out at the range before league tomorrow.

If it plays half a good as it looks, I'll be happy.

So, the C522 6 hybrid was used tonight 5 times.

Five good shots.

I'm sold. It doesn't go left on me like a lot of hybrids do, and it was stupid easy to hit. Long, high, straight. Hit two greens from 180-185 with it.

It's making me re think the top of my bag. The Maltby KE4 4w was also money off the tee for me, so it's ponder time.

Can I delete my "practice, not gear" thread????

So, the C522 6 hybrid was used tonight 5 times.

Five good shots.

I'm sold. It doesn't go left on me like a lot of hybrids do, and it was stupid easy to hit. Long, high, straight. Hit two greens from 180-185 with it.

It's making me re think the top of my bag. The Maltby KE4 4w was also money off the tee for me, so it's ponder time.

Can I delete my "practice, not gear" thread????

Good call on not wanting to go left.
I’ve owned the HL3, HL4 and C521 (all similar shaped) and couldn’t get any of them to turn over which is my preferred shape. Bummer too cause these play at a slightly shorter shaft length which I like also. The one I couldn’t never get to work. Wanted the 28* to work out so many times. Hope it continues to work out. Nice looking club at the price.

I used the 4w off the tee all night at league. Long and straight on a windy night. Super easy to hit. No hooks, no slices, one topped tee shot when I tried to kill the ball instead of seeing easy, and that miss was straight and followed up with a 4hy right down the fairway 200 yards, and I still son the hole.

Couple more thoughts (and hybrid address comparison pics later when I'm not "working")

1. There's a par 4, elevated tee, right into the 25mph wind last night at league. Creek carry of about 180 from where we were. I swung too hard, and nailed one too about 225 dead straight with the 4w. The stock R flex shaft didn't have a problem with "going after it" even though I really like it on my normal "easy, smooth" swing.

The guys I was playing with commented on how much "different" that swing was (fast tempo and transition), and the results were the same.

2. Diamond face tech voodoo seems to work. I had a few of the toe that didn't seem to lose much distance, although with tons of wind is hard to really tell.

3. The 4hy was just as easy to hit off the deck as the 6hy is. I took the trusty Fybrid out of the bag to force me to use it, and I wasn't disappointed at all.

For me, as someone that has developed the "lefts" with SGI hybrids, these things are stupid easy to hit straight. I love how they look at address. The price point is amazing for what you get. I'm tempted to get one of the E522 hybrids just to compare and see if the draw bias makes them a no-go for me or if they're playable.

So, the C522 at address

IMG_20220604_090240582.jpg

Compared to my trusty Fybrid

IMG_20220604_090210273.jpg

I can still hit the Fybrid straight, but my setup looks WAAAAAY off, as I have to alter my alignment to the right to make the club "square" at impact instead of closed to the ball.

The C522 sets up perfect with me aligned (using sticks) straight at the target.

Well, I finally had a bad result with the 4w. I almost fell over swinging and topped one into the water on the first hole of league last night.

Re-teed, hit the fairway, and got a double. Then hit fairways the rest of the round.

Hit three greens/fringe from 180-200 with the hybrids.

Even if they were not "inexpensive" clubs, I'd think they were awesome. I still haven't had any big left misses with the hybrids, which is why I tried these instead of the E series.

Three weeks in a row without driver, hitting the C522 4w or C522 4hy off the tee, and the 6hy on long approach shots.

These clubs are stupid easy to hit well. My only issue is do I get a C522 7w????

Last edited:
Hadn't really seen this thread before now. About a week ago I received a E522 4 hybrid as part of this year's March Madness contest. Hit it during my lesson last week to see how it played. Consistently hit about 220 and so easy to hit! Color me impressed. I've only recently added a hybrid to my bag since before now I just couldn't keep them from going way left on me.

Well, last Saturday I added it to my bag during our league match. Ninth hole has a ravine cutting across the fairway about 240 yards out from the tee. Took the E522 off the tee with a perfect shot about 20 yards short of the ravine. Left a nice wedge shot into the front pin on the green. Was able to stick it close enough to one putt for the birdie! I think this club has earned a spot in my bag!!

Thanks THP and Tour Edge!!

I completely can relate.

These clubs took the huge left miss that I'd had previously with hybrids away.

It's glorious!!!

IMHO, their slogan, "Pound for pound, nothing comes close" is the worst ever. That said, I just bought my wife a Tour Edge e522 set of iron hybrid 7-PW and 3h and 5h hybrids and she loves them.

Another night at league where the C522 6hy was money. The 4hy only got used over, and put me in the short stuff of the tee, but the 6hy hit a 185yd par three green and a green from 190 on a par 4.

And the 4w was once again a fairway finder.

The C522 lineup has made my fear of the big left miss go away!!!! 😁

I ordered the wife a e522 hybrid after I was lucky enough to get one for the March Madness contest and she is in love with it.

I have never seen her hit a club that good time after time. She wants and entire set of the 522s!

71% FIR yesterday with the C522 4w off the tee all day. Yeah, a few were "misses" that barely made the fairway, but straight is it's own kinda long. I am still loving the C522 line of hybrids and the 4w, and I'm well past the honeymoon phase with them.

No club will fix garbage contact with the ball, but I had several "misses" yesterday that ended up playable. Two of my fairway misses were shots on narrow holes that I aimed down the right edge thinking I'd get a little movement and they went dead straight into the pine trees. Punch-outable, but they would have been great had I just trusted and aimed down the middle.

Any E522 driver players out there? The shallow face has my attention

I love the E722 irons so much, I blind bought the last E722 3W RockBottom had in stock two weeks ago.
My only complaint about Tour Edge is their lack of LH options in the 700 series. No premium wedges offered, and only a 19* hybrid makes no sense at all. (and only 3&5 woods)
It’s a shame. I’d be all in if they gave me a chance.

Back