Played a horrible round yesterday with my 921Fs. Few really dandy shots, quite a few ghastly ones.

Has anyone ever swing weighted a set with KBS C-Taper Lite Stiffs in them? My buddy was asking as we were comparing irons and his set of older Srixons were very head-heavy whereas mine felt more like a 2x4 in that they have more consistent weighting all the way through the shaft. I'm not sure I like that anymore, and wonder if making them head-heavy would allow me to better locate the head in my erratic swing.

921 Forged 5-7 arrived today. The bag is ready to go !

3DA189B0-7108-4596-92FD-FFAD6C0A6E45.jpeg

921 Forged 5-7 arrived today. The bag is ready to go !

View attachment 9091876
that's funny as my 5 and 6 hot metals showed up today as well! I'm also ready to rock and roll, just need to decide which club in the 4w/2h slot is going to make the trip

Got the 5 and 6 hot metal on the course this evening. After a day of yard work and chasing the 7 year old around the pool the back and hence swing were no where in peak shape. This created a perfect scenario to test and boy did these come through. Had several lacking strikes but the clubs helped so much. Had one off the toe that would have been way short or possibly in the lake to the right, the hot metal put me front right geenside. I’m a fan.

The hot metals seems to be coming out low in the 5 and 6. Likely my swing today as it was tough but something I’m keeping an eye on, not moving the forged 5 and 6 yet.

Been playing 921 HMP most of season. Went back to zx7 for 1 round which were my main gamer (921 hmp more for early season when swing not there yet).
921 HMP were longer straighter and so much more forgiving! Back in the bag!

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Had a decent iron day today with the HMP's 50% GIR so was pretty happy compared to previous rounds. They are really good as long as I keep my swing smooth, if I get quick/snap them down then not so much.
They have been really good paired with the Recoil 95 F4's.

I just won a set of JPX 921 SEL 4-GW on a raffle for an insanely cheap price. Should have them here in the next 1-2 days. Really looking forward to putting them up against my Wilson staff model blades. I’m most excited about the advantage with the long irons, as that is the only place with my irons that I feel I lose a few shots a round.

The 5 and 6 Hot Metals did some work today. Hit some really nice 6 irons and several punch 5’s under the trees. It’s nice to be able to flight the 5 iron low.

First round and range session in the books with a stock set of 921 SEL’s. I love the set, especially the tour irons! 6-GW are fantastic with a high ball flight and consistent distance that is ~5 yards longer than my Wilson blades. Great feel and a touch more forgiveness. The 4 and 5 Forged irons will take some more getting used to. I seem to be mostly catching them thin and flying them low. Caught a few higher on the face and they were great. Love the set!

As my alignment and tempo are starting to sync up these clubs are becoming even more alive than before. It’s a lot of fun.

I am still really enjoying the HMP irons. Never had an issues with flyers yet, and distances are consistent. High ball flight helps with stopping the ball on the greens easy enough.

Good to hear all the positives reviews about the 921’s hmp’s as I’m playing my 919 hmp’s since 2019 and still enjoying them. But, as usual with us, starting to get the itch for new as I am considering graphite shafts. Might wait for the next iteration.

With another manufacturer really pushing me away lately the HMP have really came front and center. Smaller head, less off set….. just wonder if I should wait and see what happens or order blind and play 😂?

I'm in my 2nd season using the 921F's and can't say enough great things about these irons. Now from 180 out I snack on those pins using my long iron. Inside 150 the pin is just waiting for my ProV to bounce around it. The Mizuno product line is so sweet, smooth, and buttery. Not sure what I'd look at if I wasn't playing Mizuno's probably the Srixon or Miura's would be on the list.

With another manufacturer really pushing me away lately the HMP have really came front and center. Smaller head, less off set….. just wonder if I should wait and see what happens or order blind and play 😂?
Just don’t get the wrong shaft…

Why not the MP 223 or 225? I'm guessing the MIMs are going downhill 🙁

Why not the MP 223 or 225? I'm guessing the MIMs are going downhill 🙁
Not down hill so much as just wanting the extra forgiveness. A few days away and I have some ball striking issues. Not sure the other two give me more than I have. These do.

Back