Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

Ever since I changed the shaft to the UST Mamiya Helium 5F4, this driver has really hit another gear! Because of the stability of the shaft, I have been able to move the adjustment cog from -1/D to -1/N. It really allows me to go after it and not worry about over cooking it left. I do get an occasional one that leaks a little right, but 80% or better are straight as an arrow.

Ever since I changed the shaft to the UST Mamiya Helium 5F4, this driver has really hit another gear! Because of the stability of the shaft, I have been able to move the adjustment cog from -1/D to -1/N. It really allows me to go after it and not worry about over cooking it left. I do get an occasional one that leaks a little right, but 80% or better are straight as an arrow.

The B21 remains the most accurate driver I have ever played. Driving accuracy is the strongest part of my game.

I have had so much success with the stock shaft and +1 or +2 D that I feel no need to try any other shaft. And thanks to THP, I have had conversations with extremely knowledgeable people regarding that shaft. I am very confident in that shaft and how it performs

Got this driver two months so after being fit. Came from a Speedzone Xtreme that was way too skinny for me. This was the driver that kept it in a better range for me. Fit with a Diamana shaft at d6 swing right. It’s been a great experience. Not that I lost it right before but drives are certainly straighter and longer. I contribute the extra distance to the lower spin. Great driver thus far!

I just put the B21 into the retirement bag. I replaced it with a PXG Gen 4 0811X driver 7.5 degree and its way longer and the flight is much lower and penatrating. The b21 at 9 degree on the minus setting was just way to high. But a positive to the b21 it is a very straight and forgiving driver it just flew way to high for me. The PXG once I got the settings right is just money. With a Gen 5 driver release on its way this could get real interesting.

I am new to this thread - my CPO Very Good condition B21 arrived yesterday. I immediately went to the range and hit a bucket. I couldn't see how far I was hitting them but ball flight, dispersion and sound were pretty dramatically different than from my prior gamer. It is still a work in progress but it was nice to know the right side of the fw was basically out of play.

Range session #2 in the books. I'm also working on some swing things. The B21 seems like it is virtually point and shoot. Dispersion is definitely tighter; ball flight on a left to right basis is a lot more consistent. First session I struggled with the ball being a little low. No such problem today. If anything I had to fight the ball ballooning at times. Interestingly to me I switched out the RCH (R flex) to the Hazardous Black in my Epic Flash (S flex) and there really wasn't much/any difference in performance. Sound with the B21 is light years better.

I know this club is a couple of years old but its new to me and still exciting.

Range session #2 in the books. I'm also working on some swing things. The B21 seems like it is virtually point and shoot. Dispersion is definitely tighter; ball flight on a left to right basis is a lot more consistent. First session I struggled with the ball being a little low. No such problem today. If anything I had to fight the ball ballooning at times. Interestingly to me I switched out the RCH (R flex) to the Hazardous Black in my Epic Flash (S flex) and there really wasn't much/any difference in performance. Sound with the B21 is light years better.

I know this club is a couple of years old but its new to me and still exciting.

I have been very happy with the RCH R flex in mine.

Had a really good day with this driver. Hit 4/5 fairways with this on the back 9. The one I missed I drove it through the dog leg. Best drive of the day was 286 straight down the middle, leaving 50 yards in. I have great confidence with the driver. I can aim down the right side of the fairway and it will hold its line or draw back. If it goes right, I had a serious brain fart.

I see that the price on the Big Bertha B21 has dropped to $349 down from $499. I already game one, so I'm not in the market. But, it got me thinking if the price drop reflects that there is something new and improved coming.

I love my B21. Going into year 2 of gaming it with the original stock shaft (in senior flex). I know eventually I’ll move on but it would take a lot to knock it out of my bag.

I love my B21. Going into year 2 of gaming it with the original stock shaft (in senior flex). I know eventually I’ll move on but it would take a lot to knock it out of my bag.

I have had mine in the bag since September 2020. I have been very happy with its performance. 10-14 fairways yesterday with only one miss requiring a less than full second shot.

I decided to effectively exchange by 10.5 for a 9*. We shall see…

I have been absolutely in love with this driver so far this year. As a senior golfer, I am hitting more fairways than ever before.

I rolled up on two randos on 18 today and played the round out together. They asked if I was any good? I said I’m a 20 capper. Then, I proceeded to mash one right down the middle 295! One of the guys said, well you don’t play like a 20 capper! Hit driver 4 times today. All, 4 were in the fairway. Just a workhorse of a club here.

I picked up a 9* head last summer but I didn’t get to hit it. Had some health issues that put me on the sidelines for awhile and I never really got the itch to play again. About a week ago @KY Golfer messaged me and asked if I wanted to get a round in so I headed to Kentucky.

My swing sucked more than usual since I hadn’t swung a club in almost a year. I was still losing the driver right but it was more of a push than the big push slice I’m used to. I even had a couple go left which never happens. Towards the end of the round Chris gave me a couple things to try and my last couple drives were pretty good. He even mentioned that my drive on 18 might have been the best he’s ever seen me hit.

I don’t pay much attention to sound and feel so I can’t speak to that but I think I’ve found a winner as far as performance goes. I have no idea when I’ll get out next but when I do, if I think about it, I’ll update in this thread.

I picked up a 9* head last summer but I didn’t get to hit it. Had some health issues that put me on the sidelines for awhile and I never really got the itch to play again. About a week ago @KY Golfer messaged me and asked if I wanted to get a round in so I headed to Kentucky.

My swing sucked more than usual since I hadn’t swung a club in almost a year. I was still losing the driver right but it was more of a push than the big push slice I’m used to. I even had a couple go left which never happens. Towards the end of the round Chris gave me a couple things to try and my last couple drives were pretty good. He even mentioned that my drive on 18 might have been the best he’s ever seen me hit.

I don’t pay much attention to sound and feel so I can’t speak to that but I think I’ve found a winner as far as performance goes. I have no idea when I’ll get out next but when I do, if I think about it, I’ll update in this thread.

Glad to hear it!

It’s a great driver. A fairway finder for me.

Good to hear from you…

Had my second round with this driver today. The first outing wasn't great, but did see that it reduced the severity of my slice. With one swing adjustment, I found the most fairways today. It also kept some just a few yards right of the fairway instead of flaring wide right. Flight is higher than I'm used to on a good hit for me. Might just need a tee height adjustment, but wanted to stick with what was working. Looking forward to see how it performs in future rounds.

Played last weekend and my swing was in a better place. My first drive of the day was a draw into the left rough. It was the happiest I’ve ever been after missing a fairway. Most of my drives that day were straight or a slight draw. I did lose a couple right but that was when I reverted back to my old, too long, mostly arms swing. I did notice the ball was going comically high and I don’t hit the ball high. I think it’s a tee height issue since I did pop a couple straight up. Playing tomorrow with @KY Golfer & @Golfers Anonymous and I’ll report back in the next couple days

Another round, another solid day with the driver. Nothing else was working but I could count on being in the fairway or just off. Even if it goes right, which is happening less and less, it’s just a push with hardly any fade. Most are dead straight or a slight draw. I’ve finally realized I don’t hit the ball far and I’m never going to. All I have to do to get the most out of it is to just swing. Don’t try to kill it, don’t manipulate anything, just swing. It’s a good feeling to step up to the tee with confidence. Now I just need to figure out how to take advantage of being in the fairway.

I have 2 rounds scheduled this weekend with some THPer’s so I’m hoping I can keep the momentum going

This driver has really come alive for me this season. Can’t wait to hit it today!!

I traded my 10.5 / 55g R for a 9* / 65g S. I have had it out 1 time but wow what a difference

Hoping we get a holla back on the B21. Callaway, I want an update!!!

Hoping we get a holla back on the B21. Callaway, I want an update!!!
if Cally holds to their 2 yr cycle, should be coming as the B21 came out fall of 2020

Back