Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
When LA GOLF acquired SIK Golf, there was a lot of surprise and curiosity. After all, Descending Loft Technology (DLT) has proven itself on the biggest Tour in the world in the hands of Bryson DeChambeau, and had even found its way into Cobra’s putter lineups. So, when it was announced that LA GOLF was now running the show, many of us wondered what we would see happen first.

As it turns out, things are going to move full steam ahead, and today they are announcing their newest putter model into the SIK putter catalog, the FLO M. But rather than a typical release piece, we were able to get the new design in hand and put it through its paces. Ready to know more? Then let’s dig in.

Continue reading...

The putters shape is a bit of a turnoff to me. Understand the loft technology but at that price point and the other options out there it’s a hard sell. Add on to that the cost to get a LA Golf shaft on top of it the carbon putter isn’t looking so bad.

I might be in the minority, but I think this putter looks SIK! I like it. @Jman great write up as always and the picture angles were extremely helpful for showcasing this putter.

Great putters but so heavy. Weight ports to adjust the weight would be killer in these.

• Staff
Great putters but so heavy. Weight ports to adjust the weight would be killer in these.
I’m sure you saw it in the article, but this one is 70g lighter now putting it into that 350-365 range depending on the. Elk selection. That’s pretty standard today.

Liked the review @Jman, but the putter probably isn't for me. The look just doesn't "jive" with me.

I like that they made this lighter, but that DLT spot seems rather small (this is from a guy who likes the insert on the Cobra putters)

I like the look and the small sweet spot. Guessing I need to get fitted to know the right loft, @Jman?

• Staff
Liked the review @Jman, but the putter probably isn't for me. The look just doesn't "jive" with me.

I like that they made this lighter, but that DLT spot seems rather small (this is from a guy who likes the insert on the Cobra putters)
It’s the same width as it has been in the previous FLO model FWIW.

• Staff
I like the look and the small sweet spot. Guessing I need to get fitted to know the right loft, @Jman?
DLT is all the lofts, 4, 3, 2, 1. It’s the beauty of the design, it works with any stroke and any AoA into the putt.

Check this out:

Great write up as usual. I’m not a fan of the design. First thought from initial picture I think it looks cheap. I am a fan of DLT however. I am currently solidly set in the putter slot of my bag. If I was in ponder mode maybe I would have a different perspective.

Great write-up James.

This one doesn't resonate with me, but the technology is definitely intriguing.

I really like this putter. The MOI. The Variable Loft. The shape. The plumbers neck. Checks all of the boxes.

Love all of the features of of this putter but would take me A LOT of getting used to looking down at the putter head at address, not being a mallet user. Was honestly a little suprised, in a good way, when I got to the end and saw the price started with a 4 and not 5 or higher.

I would love to try a SIK putter.

I’m not sure I like the shape but could get past it if it helped my putting.

I have always liked the flo model. I think the shape is cool..

a slightly lighter model is a good idea.

Great write up as usual. I’m not a fan of the design. First thought from initial picture I think it looks cheap. I am a fan of DLT however. I am currently solidly set in the putter slot of my bag. If I was in ponder mode maybe I would have a different perspective.
Fwiw, it’s as good of milling as I’ve seen on any putter

I'm intrigued by the DLT tech and need to get one for testing. I'm not a huge fan of the shape of the FLO M - if I went with a mallet I'd choose one of the Cobra offerings instead. Maybe this one that also has the Sik face technology.

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 7.47.26 AM.png

I have always liked the flo model. I think the shape is cool..

a slightly lighter model is a good idea.
I stand by calling it a smashed spider.

I'm intrigued by the DLT tech and need to get one for testing. I'm not a huge fan of the shape of the FLO M - if I went with a mallet I'd choose one of the Cobra offerings instead. Maybe this one that also has the Sik face technology.

View attachment 9093003
Those are excellent putters and use the DLT well, but, the feel/sound from those to the milled SIK models are notably different, for what it’s worth. Different beasts.

Fwiw, it’s as good of milling as I’ve seen on any putter
Probably just my perception but looking down on it from above it looks like they just added a piece of bent sheet metal.

Probably just my perception but looking down on it from above it looks like they just added a piece of bent sheet metal.
Definitely perception. It’s not my favorite shape ever, but there’s nothing cheap about it in hand.

Back