I'm loving this more and more as I use it from the fairway.

The Kinetixx Ballistic experiment begins in the ESH. If this works out I could be looking to reshaft some other clubs! I was trying to get to D3... Pretty close. That lead tape won't last long on that sole though so if I like it I'll reach out to Cally CS and see if they have heavier weights. Worst case I can always hot melt it.

IMG_0665.jpegIMG_0664.jpeg
IMG_0662.jpeg

I have the 4H and 6H in the bag and they are going nowhere.
Best Hybrids I've owned - Out of Rough, off the Deck or Off the Tee - They are my workhorse clubs.
Great time to pick one up from CPO if your in the market.

I have the 4H and 6H in the bag and they are going nowhere.
Best Hybrids I've owned - Out of Rough, off the Deck or Off the Tee - They are my workhorse clubs.
Great time to pick one up from CPO if your in the market.

I love that these work for you there. My Mavrik hybrids are still pretty locked in so 2H is the only play here for me right now. Only had a chance to hit it with the new Kinetixx Ballistic in it a few times on the course. This is a little more stout than I'm used to so still settling in. Flight is down though, which is good for me. I'm going to keep working on it and see if I can get it dialed in.

I am really liking this club, but I cannot for the life of me get over the price at $400. I know that I have trouble cracking my wallet (but that is just a me as a dad thing), I could get this club if I wanted it enough, however the price - well I guess they have a strong and specific clientele for this model and type of club. The thing is, as people get older (myself as a very small sample) we are hitting more hybrids and 5 woods and longer irons - as we play the game and fight for distance. But still, in my round Sunday, I only hit my hybrid about 4 or 5 times max, and one was as bump and run under a tree. So again, I scratch my head based on cost.

I hope to see this new line with new tech be 100% successful - so I can get it next year (on sale!).

James - as always great write up, very interesting article.
Now is the time… golfEtail has them for $175

Last edited:
So, I did a thing. Ordered the 3-hybrid to try as a 5-wood replacement. Im usually not a fan of hybrids due to pulls/ draws but this one sounds different and my brother loves his. I haven’t found my groove with my 5-wood so this has a great chance of making the bag. Only thing to explore will be gapping into the long irons and if I need a 4 utility iron type club to gap better into the irons.

So, I did a thing. Ordered the 3-hybrid to try as a 5-wood replacement. Im usually not a fan of hybrids due to pulls/ draws but this one sounds different and my brother loves his. I haven’t found my groove with my 5-wood so this has a great chance of making the bag. Only thing to explore will be gapping into the long irons and if I need a 4 utility iron type club to gap better into the irons.
Unrelated but your avatar is hysterical lol

The Kinetixx Ballistic experiment begins in the ESH. If this works out I could be looking to reshaft some other clubs! I was trying to get to D3... Pretty close. That lead tape won't last long on that sole though so if I like it I'll reach out to Cally CS and see if they have heavier weights. Worst case I can always hot melt it.

View attachment 9091363

There are a ton of different weights on Ebay for these clubs.

Have a little CPO credit in my pocket and have my eye on one of these in a 2h. Would throw it in the mix against my 300 Mini Driver and LTDx 3W for that spot in the bag. Had the original Super Hybrid 2h and was a fan, but it eventually got replaced by the OO Mini Driver.

Curious if anyone has compared it to the Cobra Tec hybrids distance wise? I love my 3-5 Tecs, and tried the Tec 2h but I couldn’t hit it quite far enough to be the 2nd club in the bag.

Well today was a rough day but the Super Hybrid was a bright spot at least. An unfortunate incident led to using the SH off the tee the entire back 9, and it got a lot of use prior to that due to the course layout. I went 6/8 FW hit with the Super Hybrid during the round. If you're in the market for a fairway wood or long hybrid you MUST give these a look. It did everything for me, providing forgiveness on poor swings and when I did make a good swing it was a 🚀. Few examples below.

First, I borderline chunked this off the tee as you can tell by the distance. It still flew straight and wound up in the middle of the fairway.
1667856580337.png

I caught this one EXTREMELY low on the face and heel side but it still got a mid-low launch and gave way more distance than the swing deserved.
1667855587704.png

Then there was this one, one of the few good swings I had during the day. For context, this hole plays very uphill to a flat landing area so this isn't a case of an elevated tee box giving extra distance. This is just what happens when you catch this on the screws.
1667856727097.png

Last edited:
Have a little CPO credit in my pocket and have my eye on one of these in a 2h. Would throw it in the mix against my 300 Mini Driver and LTDx 3W for that spot in the bag. Had the original Super Hybrid 2h and was a fan, but it eventually got replaced by the OO Mini Driver.

Curious if anyone has compared it to the Cobra Tec hybrids distance wise? I love my 3-5 Tecs, and tried the Tec 2h but I couldn’t hit it quite far enough to be the 2nd club in the bag.
I had the 3h Superhybrid last year to review and I never got along with it. When I did hit a good one it was a rocket launcher. I'd say it was probably a little longer than the Tec 3h. Overall I like the Tec much better.

See my post just below yours. I happen to get along great with mine, butI will note it seems that (like @GoDawgs#LRB and yourself) it seemed the lower handicap guys who tested didn't love it as much as I did.

See my post just below yours. I happen to get along great with mine, butI will note it seems that (like @GoDawgs#LRB and yourself) it seemed the lower handicap guys who tested didn't love it as much as I did.
It's so weird reading my name when I'm tagged.:(

For me I had trouble for some reason getting this club squared up. One might be a slice, the next a hook, and then on right down the middle. I will say I didn't have a chance to try out any other shafts so that could have been one of the issues.

It's so weird reading my name when I'm tagged.:(

For me I had trouble for some reason getting this club squared up. One might be a slice, the next a hook, and then on right down the middle. I will say I didn't have a chance to try out any other shafts so that could have been one of the issues.
I have trouble with many clubs but for some reason this one just works for me. It makes me wonder if I shouldn't try out the aerotech shaft in other clubs.

End of year Review of the Callaway Epic Super Hybrid:
When I went out to California last year I really had no expectations of what would make it into my bag, but I knew without a doubt I wanted to at least hit the super hybrid. I know I've mentioned it before but it was the club I took one swing with and told my fitter that yeah - it was going in the bag. He had to beg me to hit a couple more with it, but I was sold on it after first contact.

That feeling proved to last all year. I got the 4 Hybrid 21 degree and it fit into my bag really well gapping wise, the thing is I found myself pulling this club anytime I just needed a good shot. Even in situations that didn't call for a hybrid, I would pull it out just to give myself and nice easy swing and it always did what I expected. The perfect example of this was at True Blue in Myrtle Beach. 18th hole and I'm 140 out. That's not a hybrid distance by any means, but I was tired, on my 36th hole of the day and I just wanted to make solid contact. I hit a draw that nestled up just inches from the pin. I can't even describe the feeling I had watching that ball roll up onto the green on one of the most beautiful courses in SC. I had a lot of shots like that all year where I was just getting in trouble or my swing was getting away from me and i wanted to hit an easy shot into the fairway. There's something to be said for just getting that feeling of solid contact and this club would give me that almost all the time.

I will say the few times this club got away from me is when I tried to get super aggressive with it, maybe try to get more out of it than I should.

If you struggle with hybrids I think you have to give these a shot. The bigger look gives you the confidence of a fairway, but performance of a hybrid. Just a super fun club to hit and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. I've wanted to experiment with a UW and I may very soon, but the Super Hybrid will always be that fail safe that I'll keep to help get me back on track when I need it.

I can’t give any comparison, but the Epic Super Hybrid has been a beast and a workhorse for me. I can get plenty of distance with it for shots off the tee but I also never had any issues elevating it off the fairway. It’s been pretty flexible as far as distances go also, I could choke down and take a little off and get anywhere from 215 to 235 yards out of it.

I’ve put an Apex UW in the bag in its place out of curiosity but I’m not sure it’s going to be as flexible as what the Super Hybrid has been.

I forgot to mention about a month into the season I swapped out the Aerotech shaft with a LinQ 85H F4 black hybrid shaft. By all accounts that shaft should not fit my swing, but it's been money for me. I love the height I get on shots and i love the feel it gives me. Such a fun combo. It's really the shaft that got me tinkering with all my other woods and why most of them also have LinQ.

Ordered a 2H last week from CPO and got it this weekend. I'm only able to play on the sim right now but liked what I saw. Seems to be a little hotter and launch a little higher than the Cobra Tec 2H, which makes it more viable for me in that spot in the Tec. I hit one off the tee that I caught perfectly for the high launch/low spin combo that rolled out to something like 270 and I had to laugh a little. If there's one negative it's that, like the original Super Hybrid, a heel miss for me doesn't really get the extra spin (compared to a 3W or Mini Driver) to help keep it in the air. I felt fairly indifferent about the stock shaft, and have a Kinetixx Ballistic on order to try with it.

Now I know where this stems from 🤣
Fantastic gesture, and an amazing club!
It really is amazing. The adjustability as awesome, and it's a rocket launcher. It's a little too low spin for me, but that creates a great opportunity to "pay it forward." 😁

So jump on the live thread, the waters warm, and travel starts tomorrow!!!

It really is amazing. The adjustability as awesome, and it's a rocket launcher. It's a little too low spin for me, but that creates a great opportunity to "pay it forward." 😁

So jump on the live thread, the waters warm, and travel starts tomorrow!!!
Oh I'll be there, don't you worry. Not as much as I'd like since its my wifes birthday but work productivity gonna be down a lot this week :LOL:

Quick question about this hybrid:

Right now I have a 4 iron and a 3 hybrid. Want to replace 4 iron with a 5 hybrid.

Would it be recommended to go with a 6 and a 4 for better gapping, since these seems to fly farther?

thank you.

Quick question about this hybrid:

Right now I have a 4 iron and a 3 hybrid. Want to replace 4 iron with a 5 hybrid.

Would it be recommended to go with a 6 and a 4 for better gapping, since these seems to fly farther?

thank you.
If you go 6 and 4, the adjustability between the two should help you get the gapping you want to see.

Back