Precision Pro NX10 Rangefinder

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The golf marketplace has never been more about custom than it is right now. Bespoke, boutique, and unique is the name of the game and everyone is trying to get in on the action, especially in the accessories segment. It is because of that, we are seeing some flat-out cool things out there for golfers of all types, if you have a specific style you like, there is something out there for you. 

However, one place we have not seen this idea of customization take hold yet is in distance measuring devices, namely range finders. Until now.

Precision Pro Golf has been on a feverish pace with introducing products that hit a demand point, and are more importantly, unique. From the R1 Smart Rangefinder to the ACE GPS Golf Speaker the company has set out to establish itself as not just an...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is super intriguing to me. The options in the future seem endless.

Precision Pro rangefinders have always been a very good value for the money, I am sure this will be as well.

The option to customize is different and Interesting to see where they go with that. Making things more personal or being able to show off a little personality is always fun.

That is pretty slick. I like where this seems to be heading. Would be neat to be able to make your device a little more personal like that.

Precision Pro seems to make solid devices. I really dig they do the battery replacement.

Digging the ability to customize for an added up charge. 18 oz is pretty light in my opinion. Good stuff @Jman

• Staff
Digging the ability to customize for an added up charge. 18 oz is pretty light in my opinion. Good stuff @Jman
Definitely seems so. I’m curious to get it in hand to see the form factor and weight in person for sure.

This seems like a really cool option to have on a rangefinder, and the upcharge isn't bad at all. I had the NX7 for a while (until someone left it attached to a cart :mad:) and it performed excellently. If they've improved on those optics and the pulse feature then the NX10 is an amazing value at that price.

The cutomization option is really cool. Glad to see they are keeping their prices reasonable.

Definitely seems so. I’m curious to get it in hand to see the form factor and weight in person for sure.
Yeah when we start talking that light…the question of durability from drops come in to play.

Yeah when we start talking that light…the question of durability from drops come in to play.
100% agree. Because, well, I am pretty abusive to my rangefinders haha

I have the NX7 and am a big fan. It’s so easy to acquire the target and get a distance in a second. This one is a tad heavier than the 7 (.8 pounds per Amazon).

I like the custom option. Great review, @Jman.

I have the NX7 and am a big fan. It’s so easy to acquire the target and get a distance in a second. This one is a tad heavier than the 7 (.8 pounds per Amazon).

I like the custom option. Great review, @Jman.
Could definitely be neat if they follow through with all the options.

Im going to need one of these with a big THP Logo on it.

@Jman I didn't see it mentioned in the article but you can change the color on the front panel where the laser/lens is too. I just "customized" one on their website

Just saw this online and I am very intrigued!

Removable skins allow you to constantly update!

Im going to need one of these with a big THP Logo on it.
ummmm.... i think we all need this customizable skin in the shop!

The company is also adamant that consumers should rest easy when it comes to durability, longevity, and ease of use.

Should we? My NX7 Pro was fairly short lived, but of course outside the warranty period. The screws on the face are a positive sign to me though, in that maybe failures could be more easily fixed (mine was a weak solder joint). I'm not hard on my range finders either. I don't recall ever dropping it and if I did it would have been on a fairway where I was actually using it.

I feel like they are, at the moment, a disposable quality range finder that should be priced closer to $100 with GoGoGo, TecTecTec, etc. In other words their options are budget quality range finders priced with some of the big boy options (Bushnell Tour V5, Nikon Coolshot, etc.)

I think the customization part is really neat

Cool idea… I dig it..

Should we? My NX7 Pro was fairly short lived, but of course outside the warranty period. The screws on the face are a positive sign to me though, in that maybe failures could be more easily fixed (mine was a weak solder joint). I'm not hard on my range finders either. I don't recall ever dropping it and if I did it would have been on a fairway where I was actually using it.

I feel like they are, at the moment, a disposable quality range finder that should be priced closer to $100 with GoGoGo, TecTecTec, etc. In other words their options are budget quality range finders priced with some of the big boy options (Bushnell Tour V5, Nikon Coolshot, etc.)
I hate you got a bad one and had that experience. Mine has been dropped, kicked, bounced about in a cart cubby for too many rounds to count and thrown around by my grandson before I could catch him and is still working as well as the day I got it. I'd love to have the new one but can't justify it when mine is still working and I'm also using ShotScope.

Back