Busy day…but just got done reading through most of the thread. Some answers:
- demos/fitting systems should be shipping out to our partners around July 11. It’ll be enough doors that we can ship all in one day, but should have nice coverage across the US. Ask your local fitter if they’re going to carry.
- JB did mess around putting lead tape/weight out on the toe of his irons. It’s funny, I spoke to two friends this morning who are so happy about these coming. So many irons have been adding weight toeward and it’s left them lead taking the heel of their clubs. No longer.
- shaft offerings from us are fluid. The steel shaft market has been crushed by supply chain issues. Doing our best to provide as much as possible.
- Different weight packs and a la carte weight options will be available. A set of irons has 24 weights and with 2,4,6,8,10 gram options ore packs are near impossible.
- The team at Edel was so excited today about the launch. Our lead engineer(Preston) and I were talking earlier today and he said, “Have you seen the THP comments? So cool!” Preston is the former #1 player at Colorado School of Mines. It’s one of the best engineering schools in the nation. This is his first product launch as a full time employee with us. It makes me so happy seeing his excitement along with the rest of the team. Thank you all for that.
Said it before but can’t say enough... thank you for gIving us the opportunity! Love to see the excitement we get also translates into excitement for you guys also

- demos/fitting systems should be shipping out to our partners around July 11. It’ll be enough doors that we can ship all in one day, but should have nice coverage across the US. Ask your local fitter if they’re going to carry.
- JB did mess around putting lead tape/weight out on the toe of his irons. It’s funny, I spoke to two friends this morning who are so happy about these coming. So many irons have been adding weight toeward and it’s left them lead taking the heel of their clubs. No longer.
- shaft offerings from us are fluid. The steel shaft market has been crushed by supply chain issues. Doing our best to provide as much as possible.
- Different weight packs and a la carte weight options will be available. A set of irons has 24 weights and with 2,4,6,8,10 gram options ore packs are near impossible.
- The team at Edel was so excited today about the launch. Our lead engineer(Preston) and I were talking earlier today and he said, “Have you seen the THP comments? So cool!” Preston is the former #1 player at Colorado School of Mines. It’s one of the best engineering schools in the nation. This is his first product launch as a full time employee with us. It makes me so happy seeing his excitement along with the rest of the team. Thank you all for that.
Thank you for taking the time to come in here and answer questions/give us insight into all of this. Really awesome of you to do it, and much appreciated. Pretty darn exciting coming into the launch!

This whole post is awesome but that last paragraph is amazing. Tell Preston we all say hi. 😃

After speaking to a number of people today, it seems to me their main concerns are cost and current shaft options. I can’t wait to see what shaft options become available and can’t wait to put them in play!

The anonymous comment was “for $250 a club, there better be a shaft option that works for me”

All I can speak to is that they felt great and were easy to hit. I can’t wait to put them in my bag!

I’d be fibbing if I said that these irons did not have my full attention. I have a bag makeup that I have sort of stumbled into that is so good for me. If not for that, I would have put in an order. Even at that, I put together a set and had it sitting in the cart before closing the site, LOL.

Congrats to the team on the launch! I think us Questers are going to be eternally grateful to you, Preston, and the whole Edel team when we get these in the bag and start throwing darts. We have been giddy about how special these irons are from the moment we left the range.

I’d be fibbing if I said that these irons did not have my full attention. I have a bag makeup that I have sort of stumbled into that is so good for me. If not for that, I would have put in an order. Even at that, I put together a set and had it sitting in the cart before closing the site, LOL.
I like the new Edel iron so much that I didn’t want to hit them on range before our singles matches. They felt so much better than my gamers I didn’t want to screw myself over before singles.

Been looking for this thread, just slammed at work. These look pretty awesome to me and the feedback has been interesting for sure so far. Looking at the specs of these, it's crazy that they were able to get speed and distance up when this set is 2-2.5˚ weaker lofted than my Apex irons. I have the SMS wedges though and if they're any indication, I'm sure Edel has figured it out. Can't wait until more people start to get these in hand.

I spec'd out a set for fun on their site. These are not something I would buy without a fitting. The shaft supply issues are a shame, as it's always fun to have more options, but I get it. I wonder if there'll be any options to supply your own? I love the Edel builds with the matching grips and ferrules, so I'd absolutely want to keep all of that if possible. The price on these is higher than I'm used to, but if they can change your iron game, I could see overlooking that. If I had to nitpick anything, it would be that I wish they'd gone with the standard T-25 torx screws just so I don't have to have another wrench/allen key to keep track of.

Will have to see what availability ends up looking like at fitters around here, but these are pretty high on my radar after playing the wedges this year. Dunno if I can swing the cost this summer, but would love to put a dialed in set of these up against my current irons out on the course.

To be clear: I believe there will be more shaft options than listed today, but I don’t know that to be a fact. I was just passing on feedback/concerns that I gathered from some lunatic fringe.

I can’t wait to play these irons, and if the shafts listed are the options available for me when I order, I am sure advice from a fitter and/or Edel will get me into something that works great.

@ryang13 always getting to things first. Go like, work or something.

When I found out some details I thought of you. I mean they look good, and are near the kind of irons you're playing, but it was actually about the adjustability helping people square and deliver a little differently. It can help people that tend to add loft. Not that I want you to change anything with your unique and do far very effective set makeup, but for some reason you're one of the people that popped into my head.

edel would be an interesting test market for selling just heads direct to consumers. :unsure:

with the kind of people that are drawn to them and the current shaft supply issues.
I really wish more would do that with the current state of things. New Level does and I think that's great for consumer options.

@ryang13 always getting to things first. Go like, work or something.
Think he takes his management position to heart. I for one have been either in my welding hood or cutting pipe all day. Now I have to catch up.

I would love to see a comparison of numbers between these and the Rogue ST Pros. They seem like they would very much fit into the same family of iron profile. The Pros are stronger lofted, so it would make ball speed comparisons super interesting.

Are these single length, variable length, or avail in both?

Are these single length, variable length, or avail in both?
These are variable. They have their SLS irons still available in single length.

Is it safe to assume with the forged body lie angle adjustments should be pretty easy if needed?

Is it safe to assume with the forged body lie angle adjustments should be pretty easy if needed?
We discussed lie angles at dinner one evening. Don’t believe there to be any issue bending.

After seeing the performance of my 50* Edel wedge, I am sure these irons will deliver. Edel has an amazing thing going.

After seeing the performance of my 50* Edel wedge, I am sure these irons will deliver. Edel has an amazing thing going.
I truly love the wedges. I think irons are even better.

Back