LIVE UPDATE THREAD Contest: Shaft Up #2 with UST Mamiya

I'm commenting as I catch up, so forgive the out of order conversation. Caught up on day 1 last night and enjoyed seeing the custom ball marker gift from @Qwkz51, the cabins, and the short game access + shenanigans. Yes, this is a Driver oriented Shaft Up event, but I love see such a cool practice green and people enjoying it.

Next up, as I dive into Day 2, had to comment on this picture of Hole 2. WOW. That looks so good!
This reminds me! Thanks again @Qwkz51 for the custom ball marker!! The story of it is super cool and I’m definitely going to use it in my rounds! It also happens to be Bills colors😉

A3B331D9-DC4C-4DD4-866A-CA61E2D8BFD8.jpeg

Loving the recaps. Great job both of you!! Glad you a your taking the travel issues in stride and are making your way home @BuffaloPlunger. Safe travels!

Fantastic updates @Qwkz51 and @BuffaloPlunger !

Fun to hear you relive it and include some more tidbits of your experience. Well done 🔥🔥

OK, the Par 3's on the Front 9 are officially outstanding and comment worthy. This is stupendous. Those knolls and approach :love:. #5 with the water was pretty tasty too. Wow oh wow.
The par 3s were the best I’ve ever played. Words can’t describe how fun this course is. The course tour doesn’t do the knolls any justice. Some of them are just massive

The par 3s were the best I’ve ever played. Words can’t describe how fun this course is. The course tour doesn’t do the knolls any justice. Some of them are just massive
In fairness, were there ANY holes that weren't exceptional? :ROFLMAO:

In fairness, were there ANY holes that weren't exceptional? :ROFLMAO:
None at all. Never once did I look at one of those holes and think it had a poor design. Every single intentional hazard such as bunkers and strategic tree placements was in play. When none of that was present then you had the pressure to hit a perfect shot or else you would end up on a hillside…see ya ball, or in water

Took a while to catch up especially when hitting 😍 on so many posts! Thank you all for bringing us along with you! 👊

Awesome match!!! I knew the JB/Danny pick would be correct sooner rather than later. 🔥 Way to get the W!

Such a brutal and beautiful course (Breautiful? 😅)

The fittings (and photos) by @DannyLe were amazing as usual!

Congrats to @BuffaloPlunger and @Qwkz51 for getting to enjoy such a special experience!

If I ever get lucky enough to go to a Dormie Network course, I’m going HAM in the pro shop. You guys got some awesome gear.

As I close the browser tab, my brain is saying: As much as I enjoyed reading all these posts, these SOBs made me google “hot Carl“ - W T F 😵🤢🫣😜😂

Took a while to catch up especially when hitting 😍 on so many posts! Thank you all for bringing us along with you! 👊

Awesome match!!! I knew the JB/Danny pick would be correct sooner rather than later. 🔥 Way to get the W!

Such a brutal and beautiful course (Breautiful? 😅)

The fittings (and photos) by @DannyLe were amazing as usual!

Congrats to @BuffaloPlunger and @Qwkz51 for getting to enjoy such a special experience!

If I ever get lucky enough to go to a Dormie Network course, I’m going HAM in the pro shop. You guys got some awesome gear.

As I close the browser tab, my brain is saying: As much as I enjoyed reading all these posts, these SOBs made me google “hot Carl“ - W T F 😵🤢🫣😜😂

Day 3:

At this point I’m convinced @JB doesn’t sleep. Woke up around 6 and got ready for the day ahead. We were all up pretty early so before we headed to the range we dropped some stuff off at the cars to get ready for departure. Once everything was squared away we headed to the range for @Qwkz51 fitting. It was a night and day difference. He was hammering the ball and the flight was REALLY good. I think @DannyLe had the Lin-Q black in it but also threw the blue in his bag to fiddle with. His drives came up huge during the match. The first 3 holes didn’t go as planned. We had a tough start on 1 and then recovered on 2. The only issue was Danny hit an absolute dart and made the putt for birdie and we ended up with net par. 3 was also really tough but I wasted a good drive and we made it in for net bogey. On the front we were giving it a good fight and then the unthinkable happened. I have a short putt to get us to down 2 and I ended up 4 putting! It wasa nightmare. I think the highlight of the front, and maybe the whole round, was Hot Carl nearly chipping in for eagle which would have been a net 1! He came up huge for team HawtPlunger! The back 9 was going really well. We battled to get to 1 down and then we got to 16… On the first round of tee shots, nobody had a ball in play. The wind was calm but it must have been breezy higher up because everyone’s ball, except JBs, kept getting pushed out left. On the second round it was the same story but Danny found a bunker so we conceded and went Dormie. We rolled up to 17 and I was up first. I hit a good drive but pulled it a little right and ended up in the water. Carl hit a short one but was in. JB was in a bunker and Danny piped one in the fairway. We needed a miracle but sadly neither of us could muster up the shot. After some short deliberation, we conceded the match. It ended up working out because Danny was able to catch and earlier flight! For those who dont know, Evansville airport is tiny and security is only open in the morning and even so if you arrive to early you have a looooong wait in the lobby. Hot Carl and I stayed to have lunch and I grabbed a shirt from the pro shop. After lunch we said our goodbyes and he dropped me off at the airport.

@Qwkz51 was a hell of a partner and we were able to feed off of each other. It wasn’t often that we both had a bad hole. Hot Carl is just an all around great dude and I hope we can partner up in another event!! I can’t wait to hear about the progress in your game no that you’re bombing that driver! I know you say you don’t have the speed you once had but I think you’re selling yourself short!

@JB and @DannyLe I can’t thank you guys enough for bringing me along on my first experience and giving me some amazing gear at a world class golf course. THP is an amazing community and UST Mamiya is the real deal. It’s certainly not going to be my last shaft from them. This was truly the experience of a lifetime

As for Dormie Network and Victoria National, it feels like it’s golf as it’s meant to be played. The whole philosophy of the club is being able to go out and have a good time with your buddies and not really worrying about your score. They have spared no expense to give their members and guests a world class experience that makes you want to keep coming back. The best part is that you essentially have the property to yourself and you don’t need to follow a schedule. If you want to play a few holes and skip around, you can do just that. Want to go to 16 after dinner and just hit balls there until the sun sets? You can do that. To me, that’s what golf should be. Just going out and having fun without worrying about rules or packed courses. Victoria National is a bucket list course and it is easily my favorite course that I have played.

Shaft Up #2 was an absolute blast. I hope I get to play with you guys again in the not so distant future. I can’t wait to follow along for #3!

Great recap @BuffaloPlunger ! You and @Qwkz51 did a fantastic job and were a great follow! Hope to hear more on how that driver is helping you in the future.

Recaps are some of my favorite parts about these things and you guys didn't disappoint @BuffaloPlunger @Qwkz51 ! Really wish I could have followed this event closer than I was able to but I'm so glad you guys had a great time!

I also like the recaps a lot. Some good insights and details come out once everyone has had a chance to gather thoughts.

I already said it, but you and @Qwkz51 did a great job bringing us along for the 3 days. You guys played some solid golf on a tough course and put up a good fight to the end.

Honestly recaps are among my favorite things as well!

Great recaps gentlemen!!

I decided to read through this thread to get a better look at Vic National, but after running through it I can't help but have a serious need to attend a Shaft Up with @DannyLe. Wow.

Yea, he's a wizard and from what I read a great guy!

I decided to read through this thread to get a better look at Vic National, but after running through it I can't help but have a serious need to attend a Shaft Up with @DannyLe. Wow.
Game changer my friend.

Danny is a BOSS!

Back