Cleveland Launcher XL Halo FW Woods and Hybrid Preview

I played my first round (well wolf round) with my new XL Halo 4 hybrid. I used it 5 times all off of deck. Other than one swing which doesn’t count as it was a punch out type shot I can’t believe how well I swung this club. i just told myself to be smooth with it and let the big head do it’s thing and boy did it. I can’t wait to get my Hy-Wood (hopefully it arrives before my next round on Friday) to see how that does but I imagine it will be a similar experience. Easy to hit which inspires confidence.

Anybody on here have experience with how the Hy-Wood compares to the 16* Launcher HALO hybrid as far as performance?

I recognize there is a difference in loft and length.

Anybody on here have experience with how the Hy-Wood compares to the 16* Launcher HALO hybrid as far as performance?

I recognize there is a difference in loft and length.
Funny you should say that. I ordered a Hy-Wood among other clubs last week and own a 16* previous gen Halo hybrid too. I received my full order today but the Hy-Wood wasn't in the box...it's really the main club in my order with regards to wanting/needing lol. I just called their 1-800 number and they'll ship it out ASAP so I'll get it next week some time. I also recently purchsed a Mevo+ so once I figure that out too I can give you real data for my garbage swing lol

My biggest issue is hitting anything over 200+ yards consistnetly off of the deck. I received my XL Halo 4 hybrid and used it yesterday hitting my best 180 yards up a massive hill on our 16th hole in the low 40's. That was easily a 200+ yard swing as it was nutted if it were the summer time and on flat ground. I track all of my clubs too with Garmin clubs sensors so I'll have interesting data as the year goes along once we hit the playing season here next season in SE PA.

Funny you should say that. I ordered a Hy-Wood among other clubs last week and own a 16* previous gen Halo hybrid too. I received my full order today but the Hy-Wood wasn't in the box...it's really the main club in my order with regards to wanting/needing lol. I just called their 1-800 number and they'll ship it out ASAP so I'll get it next week some time. I also recently purchsed a Mevo+ so once I figure that out too I can give you real data for my garbage swing lol

My biggest issue is hitting anything over 200+ yards consistnetly off of the deck. I received my XL Halo 4 hybrid and used it yesterday hitting my best 180 yards up a massive hill on our 16th hole in the low 40's. That was easily a 200+ yard swing as it was nutted if it were the summer time and on flat ground. I track all of my clubs too with Garmin clubs sensors so I'll have interesting data as the year goes along once we hit the playing season here next season in SE PA.

My biggest issue is hitting anything over 200+ yards consistnetly off of the deck

Me too...it is a never ending quest. I look forward to seeing your comparison...but if you are still searching I guess the previous 16* you had was not THE ONE. Which version did you have, and why did it not work for you?

My biggest issue is hitting anything over 200+ yards consistnetly off of the deck

Me too...it is a never ending quest. I look forward to seeing your comparison...but if you are still searching I guess the previous 16* you had was not THE ONE. Which version did you have, and why did it not work for you?
I can hit my 2H off of the tee well but wasn't consistent enough with it off of the deck. I eventually went with a TSi3 16.5* or a 4W for an alternate to my driver when she's acting up in which I was fit with by a Titleist fitter that came to our club. As I mentioned I recently purchased a Mevo+ and even though I've only used it 3 times so far I have spent a lot of time working on my hybrids and if yesterday is any sign the fact I'm going to be practicing more will help me immensely. My Halo 2H has the Miyazaki stiff shaft. Per my Garmin S62/CT10 stats I average 182 yards with a max of 226 yards. I know I've hit it further but I have started to delete older rounds as I like to keep my stats a bit more biased to the last 6 months so I can look for trends. As you can see that 40 yard gap is my ability to strike it well consistently.

I never get rid of clubs either, I'm slowly building quite a collection of clubs now lol. I mainly keep my older clubs as most are Cleveland and their resale value isn't enough for me to deal with the hassle of selling on eBay. In addition to be lazy my son is now 13 and will either age out of the tallest set of junior US Kids clubs he has this or next year and I'll give him the choice of my old clubs to play with. in addition to what I have in my signature are 2 other Cleveland putters and an iron set of Cleveland CBX irons with regular graphite shafts which I was fitted into 4 years ago when I started playing golf at 46.

I’ve been contemplating the B21 3 wood, but with how good the Hy-wood is and having a bag full of Cleveland clubs already, I’ll probably go Launcher XL here as well.

I’ve been contemplating the B21 3 wood, but with how good the Hy-wood is and having a bag full of Cleveland clubs already, I’ll probably go Launcher XL here as well.
Why a 3w over a 5w? I’ve read that for most amateur golfers without a high swing speed the 5w goes as far and sometimes further in the real world especially off of the deck?

Why a 3w over a 5w? I’ve read that for most amateur golfers without a high swing speed the 5w goes as far and sometimes further in the real world especially off of the deck?
I hit a 3 wood pretty well off the deck. It will gap better between my driver and the Hy-wood vs a 5 wood…probably.

I hit a 3 wood pretty well off the deck. It will gap better between my driver and the Hy-wood vs a 5 wood…probably.
Gotcha, makes sense. I parked my TSi3 4w which I can kill off of a tee for the Hy-Wood. I know I’m losing a but of distance but I figure how often do I care if it’s a 9i or PW for my next shot? I’m sure shots gained would say otherwise but whatever lol

I forget where I read that 3w vs 5w fact but just from observing my friends with 3w it’s obvious most would benefit by parking it

Yeah I'd think a 15* 3w would probably be a better option, the HW and 5w are both 18*. Different launch characteristics, but probably not enough to justify having both in the bag at the same time.

That club is high on my ponder list right now based on the Hy-Wood's amazing performance. Let us know how you make out with it!

Umm, I didn’t hit it great honestly. By the time I got to it, I had been on the range for 1.5 hours and I was about to die of heat stroke!:oops::ROFLMAO: It’s a 180° from my GS53 fw. It’s 30+ cc bigger and counterbalanced. The Hogan is very head heavy and this one isn’t. But, the couple I hit well showed real promise. It should gap perfectly between my driver and hy-wood. Just a fair warning it is loud. But, most Cleveland woods are.

😳😳😳

Very happy with the performance of this club today at the range. Imagine a fairway wood that is easy to swing and just hammers the ball! I had to get use to it at first. It's completely different from my previous fairway wood. But, you put a nice swing on it and the ball just goes. Most surprising thing was that the ball flight was lower than what I thought it would be. I would call it mid flight and penetrating. I expected more or a higher trajectory. It's very easy to hit. With a head size that is around 190 cc, it gives you a lot of confidence. I just hit it off the mat today and I carried the ball 240+!

Massacred a couple on the range today with this. It’s a good feeling when people stop and watch you hit golf balls. Still surprised the ball flight is mid and boring. I really expected more of an arc. Still kinda loud, enough to draw attention. One odd thing is how the face looks at address compared to the top of the crown. The face is very rigid looking with sharp angles, where the crown is extremely rounded. I just noticed it today. A little weird I guess.

This 3 wood is a dark horse. More people should play it. I hit 5 in a row, mid flight, just bored through the air. Really fun to hit.

For anyone that’s listening, you should try this fairway wood! If you struggle getting the ball airborne off the deck, this club is for you. If you need more distance, this club is for you. If you need an easier to hit fw with more forgiveness, this is for you.

I nuked one off the tee about 275 today, all carry. One of the purest shots I’ve ever hit. It’s loud, but with performance like that…🤷‍♂️!

Still fun to hit. I put one pin high from the 245 in the rough to pin high. I had a good lie. The fact I’m the only one talking about these clubs is kinda sad, especially since they dropped in price.

Still fun to hit. I put one pin high from the 245 in the rough to pin high. I had a good lie. The fact I’m the only one talking about these clubs is kinda sad, especially since they dropped in price.

I don't disagree with you on that. Solid clubs and that Hy-Wood is just silly fun. For people who complain about price, it's pretty dang good on this one and the performance is there.

Back