Review Shark Attack Goldiloxxx and Tokyo Drift Drivers

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Let’s be honest, most of you reading this will be wondering just who in the heck Shark Attack Golf is, and don’t worry, we are going to get there. Before we do though, this is one worth keeping your mind open, because though you may not know the name, they are not without their successes in the world of long drive.

Shark Attack sent two of their marquee models into THP for a closer look, the Goldiloxxx and Tokyo Drift. As full-on driver builds of 46” and 48”, there is a lot to take in for this review.

Continue reading...

Very much enjoyed the detailed review. Based on the original forum thread, I may be in the minority but I like the looks of them. The names are a bit out there, but at least they are fun and not numbers. As a moderate swing speed golfer, not sure they are for me, but I wouldnt mind putting some swings on the Tokyo Drift.

Good read and review. They have their market, I don't think anything is going to make me a long drive champ so I will be sticking with my more forgiving gear but nothing at all wrong with these.

All in all fun for a change but not something for my game.

I actually like the looks of them but my driver swing is so wonky at the moment I'm afraid of where the ball would end up if I hit these! Nice write up tho @Jman . I'm sure we have some long drive folks on here that will like these.

Both are intriguing but, 666… Really?

• Staff
Both are intriguing but, 666… Really?
They definitely aren’t afraid to do their own thing. It’s brash, it’s in your face, but at least they’re authentic to themselves.

Great write up @Jman! I bet it was fun getting to just swing these boys around 😂

They ugly but they interesting. I’d like to give one a go on a monitor. Guess that very statement means they met their objective.

They definitely aren’t afraid to do their own thing. It’s brash, it’s in your face, but at least they’re authentic to themselves.

No argument there and I’m all for people being true to themselves … but assuming a (if not the) primary goal is to get your product in the hands of as many consumers as possible, is this a smart marketing strategy?

Really cool to see the review on these. Long drive is a pretty intriguing segment of the golf world and these guys are doing it their own way. I could probably do without the loud marketing but that’s just my personal opinion - if it works as advertised it will make someone out there happy. Those are pretty impressive win totals as well!

Interesting write up on an interesting product.

Great review of a niche market (?) item. I like the looks of the Tokyo Drift, but I presume it's not gonna work for me. I would like to see some real world numbers from real world golfers with more standard length shafts. I played - successfully a goldwin 300 something or other driver back in the day that was 8 degrees - was a favorite - but I used to play a lot of golf.

Goldy is out at 6.66 and that color scheme is gawd awful.

I could drift a little I think and like the adjustability. It is an odd looking driver from the pics but I dig it.

Nice read @Jman
What does digitally lofted mean?
I like the looks. They remind me of old school metal drivers of years ago.

I like the purple tattoo club shaft too. The clubs aren't meant for my slow swing but they sure look cool to me.

Nice read @Jman
What does digitally lofted mean?
I like the looks. They remind me of old school metal drivers of years ago.

I like the purple tattoo club shaft too. The clubs aren't meant for my slow swing but they sure look cool to me.
Means the loft on the face was checked digitally, which is extremely accurate to the hundredth.

Really fun review to read. Minus the white crown finish, I absolutely love the looks of the Goldiloxxx head. The head shape is magnificent. The lofts on both models scare the living daylights out of me though.

Interesting review there @Jman, thanks. Goldiloxxx gave me a headache just looking at it, the shape is absolutely fine, but just too much going on with it for my liking. The Drift is much more appealing to me, although the chances of me being able to hit either of them and actually keep the ball anywhere other than Fore Right are zero :ROFLMAO:

The names they come up with for this stuff is hilarious in a Poochy the Dog kind of way, although when we've already had a Sumo, a Sasquatch, and a Rocketballz I guess anything is on the table.

Interesting products. The Tokyo drift is a solid looking driver. The white and gold… not so much. But, i can appreciate them trying to stand out.

Very much enjoyed the detailed review. Based on the original forum thread, I may be in the minority but I like the looks of them. The names are a bit out there, but at least they are fun and not numbers. As a moderate swing speed golfer, not sure they are for me, but I wouldnt mind putting some swings on the Tokyo Drift.
I actually dig the names, but the gimmicky gold for the goldiloxxx is too much to stomach. The Tokyo Drift actually looks fine.

I would love to get my hands on these and give them a rip. I have always been a fan of the "different" driver heads.
I also like the loud driver sound sometimes. Maybe it's because I crave attention. . . . . :oops:

Thanks for the great review @Jman !!

My 70 year old dad plays a Violent Tattoo shaft in his Callaway head. Longer and straighter that he’s ever hit it. He also just won the 70+ Division in the Latin American Long Drive Tournament in the Violent Goldiloxx setup at 7.5 degrees.

Well, at least they're different. Not a fan of the looks at all. But, different is good sometimes for some people.

@Jman, how much fun did you have reviewing these?

They are the Ed Hardy of drivers but sounds like you had a great time reviewing them and they do what they are designed to do.

Tokyo Drift just sounds fun to hit.

Back