Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Please keep want to sales and want to buys in the marketplace. Thanks.

One can always click on the blind9 banner or contact Patti via pm for THP pricing on the Mashie.

Please keep want to sales and want to buys in the marketplace. Thanks.

One can always click on the blind9 banner or contact Patti via pm for THP pricing on the Mashie.

sorry about that

Same here - I always laugh when I hear people talk about how this club can't go right. Just have a seat and watch me hit one.

hehe, I laugh at that too, I can just as easily fade it as I can draw it. My big miss with it is a hook though but that doesn't happen all that often.

I'm hoping so.

I am excited to get my hands on it and swing it a few times.

Last time out I hit the M1 about 210 yards from some fairly thick rough. Longest par-4 on the course by far. Dogleg right. I was actually surprised to see the ball reach the front of the green. The club is GREAT out of the rough!

I've been very pleased with my M3 & M4 over the past week or so. Now I am tempted to grab an M1 to slot in between my driver and 5W.

Last time out I hit the M1 about 210 yards from some fairly thick rough. Longest par-4 on the course by far. Dogleg right. I was actually surprised to see the ball reach the front of the green. The club is GREAT out of the rough!

I'll take about any distance as long as its straight!

The more I come to this thread, the more my credit card becomes in danger on bursting in to flames.

heck this site in general, Ive never bought so much golf stuff in a short period of time lol

heck this site in general, Ive never bought so much golf stuff in a short period of time lol

Me either. In less than a month, i have bought new irons, a new driver, a new push/pull cart, new spikes, new balls, and shortly a new putter and hybrid. My wife wants to kill me... Lol

Tap tap taparoo

I'm currently in the groove with these guys and loving it. It seems that my 5W and driver have gone wonky, though.

That said, I pulled the hybrids out a bunch last night on tight par 4s, one par 5 with a close dogleg, and the one long par 3. All of the tee shots were perfect for me - expect the par 3 that leaked right, away from water - but I wish they were a little longer, hence my jonesing for an M1.

One hole was a perfect example. The 3rd hole is a par four, 390 with OB trouble on left and trouble at driver length on the right. I teed off with the M3 and got about 200-205 but landing just in the first cut on the left and behind a small tuft of grass, leaving 180 to an elevated green. I figured I should keep the mojo working and hit the M3 again, landing just short of the green. I bumped up close to the hole with my LW and won the first of 5 straight holes.

I'm thinking if I had the same flight with an M1 I would have been 20-30 yards closer which is significant for me. And I do have one more slot in my bag... the M2 would probably compete too much with my 5W and I want to have similar but different length options if I have competing swings that day. Some days I'm striping the 5w, some days I'm fighting an OTT swing.

The M4 was a godsend for me yesterday. I was able to reach and hold greens that were 195 and 210 away no problem. Long par 3's? No sweat for the M4 either.

Usually I pull the M3 more than the M4 but I realized that depending on how well my tee shot is will determine which Mashie gets used more. Yesterday the M4 was the main one

Good to hear man. Seems like everything is really clicking for you. Is the M4 is that much easier than the M3 to hit?

The M4 was a godsend for me yesterday. I was able to reach and hold greens that were 195 and 210 away no problem. Long par 3's? No sweat for the M4 either.

Usually I pull the M3 more than the M4 but I realized that depending on how well my tee shot is will determine which Mashie gets used more. Yesterday the M4 was the main one

Pretty much. Shorter shaft aside, I just feel a little better with it. The M3 is more for off the tee or to bail me out of I have a weak tee shot where the M4 is more my 'shot maker.' I actually chipped with the M4 yesterday and did some bump and running with with it and got pretty comfortable with it so there may be more uses for the Mashie than I orginally thought. Just takes a little time to get used to the hotter face and draw bias when bump and running

Good to hear man. Seems like everything is really clicking for you. Is the M4 is that much easier than the M3 to hit?

hmm might need to check out the M1 and M4.

Im getting killed on long par 3's 190-200 ish, I just cant make consistent enough contact with my 5 iron to even get it close. My par 3 scores this year are almost as high as my par 4's and when I look at cards, I can shoot 90, and +10 of that is on 4 par 3's....just pathetic

I recently have been having issues with directional consistency and the Mashie. I have a pretty predictable ball flight in that I either hit all of my clubs straight or with a fade. I'm comfortable with that and know where to play my shots. With the Mashie, I was either hitting it straight or left. On the range, I could keep it straight more often, but on the course I just couldn't get any sort of repeatable results. The problem I have with a left miss is that I don't know how far off I will be and I don't have the confidence to play it like my normal ball flight.

Long story short, I've gone back to my old hybrids for the time being. I love the ball flight of the Mashie (high and soft), but I use hybrids too often to have any doubt as to where they are going. It's a shame too, because I really like so many things about this club.

That's tough Hawk. Hopefully you find the hybrid that suits you best though man. It's about the scores and sometimes it's hard to let go but you must.

I recently have been having issues with directional consistency and the Mashie. I have a pretty predictable ball flight in that I either hit all of my clubs straight or with a fade. I'm comfortable with that and know where to play my shots. With the Mashie, I was either hitting it straight or left. On the range, I could keep it straight more often, but on the course I just couldn't get any sort of repeatable results. The problem I have with a left miss is that I don't know how far off I will be and I don't have the confidence to play it like my normal ball flight.

Long story short, I've gone back to my old hybrids for the time being. I love the ball flight of the Mashie (high and soft), but I use hybrids too often to have any doubt as to where they are going. It's a shame too, because I really like so many things about this club.

could the lightness of the club be making you roll hands over sooner and lead to balls left?

Mine have actually been drifting right a little bit. Think it's swing or ball position? I think mine is ball position for the most part....just feels weird having it really far up in my stance.

worth a shot, yeah I struggle from everywhere that isnt the rough, I seem to hook it off of the tee and sometimes top it from teh fairway due to over swinging. But out of the rough, I can smash it long and straight. But id love to have somethign to go to off of the tee when the Driver is off.

M1 is a great driving hybrid.

could the lightness of the club be making you roll hands over sooner and lead to balls left?

Mine have actually been drifting right a little bit. Think it's swing or ball position? I think mine is ball position for the most part....just feels weird having it really far up in my stance.

Honestly have no clue. I've tried different ball positition, etc and it's just not predictable. I play a very light fairway wood and don't have the same issue, so I don't think it's a light thing either. Either way, I'm not really planning on overthinking it. At one time, it worked very well for me, but my swing has changed since then. Some things just don't work for everybody. It's still a great club imo.

yeah Im gonna try and find one this weekend that I can demo, then you and I can talk!

I want an M1 to go with my M3 and to replace my 3w

I find the M3 so easy to hit it just makes sense to add another one to the bag

Honestly have no clue. I've tried different ball positition, etc and it's just not predictable. I play a very light fairway wood and don't have the same issue, so I don't think it's a light thing either. Either way, I'm not really planning on overthinking it. At one time, it worked very well for me, but my swing has changed since then. Some things just don't work for everybody. It's still a great club imo.

yeah I have similar issues

Hybrid and 3W off of tee and fairway go left
Out of rough, dead straight

hoping mine is just a ball position issue, havent messed with it to find out yet

excited to try out an M1 hoping this weekend

My M1 just arrived. I am really excited to get out and hit it. I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait.

Honeymoon time with the Mashie...

I am not sure I like the grip. I may have to have that changed out.

Back