TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 Wedges

@OldandStiff wedges came in D0.6 and D1

That's bizarre. Both my sets came in right around D5, and I've put a bunch on the scale in store the same. Scratch that. My 50 was like 3.2, but that's pretty normal. Those heads are pretty heavy from the ones I've taken apart, so that's really odd.

That's bizarre. Both my sets came in right around D5, and I've put a bunch on the scale in store the same. Scratch that. My 50 was like 3.2, but that's pretty normal. Those heads are pretty heavy from the ones I've taken apart, so that's really odd.

That is amazing. These wedges have always felt heavy to me, although I have never weighed them.

Yeah not too happy about it considering the demo wedges comes in D4.2 using same scale.

Either way round one is tomorrow and we’re going to make the best of it and go pin hunting

First round in the books. Both wedges got some time preround but only used the 52 once while 56 got it’s number pulled right away on 2nd hole as well at least 3 other times. With new MC+4 grips installed feel is better than I had yesterday with stock grips.

52 - only pulled once but came through when needed. Short sided but pin high in some moderate rough chipping to a pin 15 ft away with 5 feet of rough to be carried before runaway on green. Worked out perfectly and chipped to 5 ft and made the putt for par.

56 - pulled for 10 yard chip on 2nd hole / par 3 and got under it a bit due to hesitation and left myself a 12 ft putt for par.
-first bunker shot attempt on 5 from greenside bunker. Clean out from the bunker but lack of spin left me 8 fr away from the pin.
- Pulled for Chip attempt on par 3 7th. Caught it a little high on the face and came out dead and short.Left 25 ft putt

Won’t go over the rest of the round but so far it’s a good first round with new wedges and ball and definitely looking forward to more time/rounds with the combo

Have I mentioned how these are the best wedges from the sand ice ever played??

'Cause they are! Had a chip in a few holes earlier too, but that was an eagle to finish. :D

Round 2 with 52/56 and a lot of good but some bad as well. Courses were exactly in good playing conditions this morning (not sure why considering we’re in a drought out here but evidently watering bunkers is SOP now) so I don’t really want to commit this to memory since standing water and uncut greens made for some interesting roll out or heavy/fat shots.
Coming around to weight of the clubs now but still a little lighter than I prefer. Check/spin on clean shots was great as well as still getting moderate amount of spin out of rough (both wet and dry)

Round 2 with 52/56 and a lot of good but some bad as well. Courses were exactly in good playing conditions this morning (not sure why considering we’re in a drought out here but evidently watering bunkers is SOP now) so I don’t really want to commit this to memory since standing water and uncut greens made for some interesting roll out or heavy/fat shots.
Coming around to weight of the clubs now but still a little lighter than I prefer. Check/spin on clean shots was great as well as still getting moderate amount of spin out of rough (both wet and dry)
Sounds like a lot of things not set up for success. I couldn't do the light weight. Still blows my mind yours were. Hopefully you get some better conditions to play them in soon. The bunker thing makes me sad.

Sounds like a lot of things not set up for success. I couldn't do the light weight. Still blows my mind yours were. Hopefully you get some better conditions to play them in soon. The bunker thing makes me sad.

yeah but that’s being taken care of soon. I’ll pull them apart and add tip weights keeping the stock shaft and be good. Yesterdays round was a cluster but it gave me a chance to see how the wedges could handle “bad days” while still trying to salvage a good round. I think the lack of specific grind (like I had on my jaws wedges 50w,54s,58w) is forcing me to focus on better shot making with these which has been good to go back to KISS course management

Great round with wedges today and might have solidified their spot in the bag. First swing of the day with wedge was a dunk from 48 yards after one hop. Feel is just getting better each time out with these

8EC435E2-E9C1-4FD4-9E90-062605C48AC3.jpeg

Screenshot_20220805-214729_Chrome.jpg

From Golf Monthly and I am shocked :eek:to hear yet another publication, reviewer, fitter, player etc say the milling helps them get through ground elements better. And by shocked I obviously mean not surprised in any way whatsoever.

Really enjoyed that about these wedges.

View attachment 9110214

From Golf Monthly and I am shocked :eek:to hear yet another publication, reviewer, fitter, player etc say the milling helps them get through ground elements better. And by shocked I obviously mean not surprised in any way whatsoever.

Really enjoyed that about these wedges.
Still playing these?

Still playing these?
Nope. Wouldn't hesitate at all too, but am playing the Jaws Raw right now. Enjoyed their X grind today because of a sole camber similar to these.

Back