Pure Grips Are Now Available in White

Haggis

Reaction score
Handicap
Pure Grips is now offering white grips with black accents in the Pure Pro and the Pure Soft Wrap types. The Pure Pro is like the Tour Velvet and the Pure Soft Wrap is akin to the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G (with more tackiness in humid or wet conditions and no slippage). According to Michael Smith, one of the owners of the company, the Pure Soft Wrap is somewhat misnamed as it's not as soft and squishy as the name implies. Having put them on my clubs, I agree. Pics of the white versions are not up on their website yet. I received a set of each of the Pros and the Wraps and will get pics up here as soon as I can find my wife's camera. They are trying to catch-up with demand for the white grips from their dealers and that is why they haven't updated their site yet. Having said that, if you call Mike I'm sure he'll set you up. I loved these grips in black and the white ones are of the same high quality coupled with the ease of installation and look great. Oh, and they perform just like the original grips.

Good info - thanks for sharing! Love the idea of the product and ease of installation (from what I hear). When it is time for any regripping these are first in line to try.

The thing with white grips . . . don't they start looking really dirty pretty quick? I mean, sure you can clean your grips, and I do, but not after every 2 or 3 rounds. I'd think white grips would just look dirty after a lot shorter time. Not to where you HAVE to clean them (compared to black grips) but to where they'd be looking so bad you would WANT to clean them.

The thing with white grips . . . don't they start looking really dirty pretty quick? I mean, sure you can clean your grips, and I do, but not after every 2 or 3 rounds. I'd think white grips would just look dirty after a lot shorter time. Not to where you HAVE to clean them (compared to black grips) but to where they'd be looking so bad you would WANT to clean them.

Agree with this, one of the main reasons that I have never considered using white grips. My grips get dirty enough as it is, I suspect that white ones would look grey after a few weeks despite being cleaned

I have recently switched to white grips, granted they're not the pure grips, but white none-the-less. They get black marks from the top of my grips as those are black and they also get marks from the inside of my golf bag. One of my best friends plays on the mini-tours and uses the pure grips, I'm sure he'll be interested in white when his black Pure Grips start wearing. He's had them on his sticks for almost 4 months and they're still as tacky as the day he bought them. They are great grips!

I had the Golf Pride 2G grips on my driver and fairway wood for a couple of months and yes the butt end would get a little discolored from dust on the bottom of my bag but I never had a problem keeping the rest of the grip white with a damp towel after every few rounds. Plus, the Pure Grips being all rubber respond well to a damp cloth and I think it helps maintain their tackiness. I know that with the Pure Grips I've actually been playing more without wearing a glove. I'd like to do this more and more as I think it actually helps me to ease my grip pressure.

Back