TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

No chanvce it will be a 7 wood. I gave last years away.

I feel like the 4H gives you more long term flexibility in case the iron gapping changes on the other side.

Bumping this for some input:

Top of my bag is the Apex UW 17 degree. I can do most reasonable things with it and a full swing flushed is about a 240 carry. It has been as high as 250 off of tee. Not changing.
Next is the King Tec 19 degree set at 18 degree draw setting. I can carry it 235 on a perfect shot but consistently hit it 220-225 without any worries or difficulty. Settings really are just due to ball flight.

King Tour 4 iron. When perfect its a great 200 carry and feels amazing. Problem is, I hit my 5 iron 190 consistently without being afraid of it. I can't say that about the 4 iron. I don't even attempt to game the 3 iron.

I need a 205-210 carry club. Only time I use clubs in this range is par 3s and the +500 par 5s. It is a weakness on approach noted on my Arccos and it seems it is trickling into other clubs trying to swing to hard with the 4 iron down through the bag.

I've decided on another King Tour. I am ok with 20 yard gap at this part of the bag. Considering I play the 3H at 18D, would I be a safer bet to get a 5H and play it at 23D for the purpose of ball flight, or loft up a 4H and adjust weights? I really would prefer to stay with Cobra on this club. I've hit all the others and the only change I would consider is Ping G425 4H that I can loft up and flatten.

Open for suggestions.
Without having hit them, my first thought is the 5H. You would get the same loft sleeve and weight positions of the 3h, and the benefit of a 1/2" shorter shaft.

So my swing has been a little lost in the wilderness a bit the last few months but I found a little something this evening. Hit two tee balls with the 3H. I forgot just how good these feel when centered, with such a great penetrating ball flight 😍

So my swing has been a little lost in the wilderness a bit the last few months but I found a little something this evening. Hit two tee balls with the 3H. I forgot just how good these feel when centered, with such a great penetrating ball flight 😍
So true.... I was 225 out to a severely elevated green on a par 5. Thought was just get it close to the edge. The shame is I missed the 10 foot eagle putt. An awesome club that is as forgiving (in my opinion) as any hybrid on the market.

and I have the 2H lofted down to replace the 3w slot in the bag

love the versatility on these things.
This is where mine is headed.

I got to hit the King Tec hybrid today and it definitely has a more metallic ring to it then the LTDX hybrids.

Steady goes it. Does what it is supposed to do when I give it a swing it deserves.

Absolutely love this club. Initially I wanted it to fill the 200 yard slot in the bag and after 2 rounds Arccos has my average yardage with it as 206. When I put good swings on it this one flat out performs.

Just managed to bag a nearly new 3H one of these (9/10 condition) for £170 ($230).

The adjustability is going to be great for me to dial in shot shape and hopefully the perfect gapping between my 3W (15°) and 5i (21.5°).

I am ditching my One Length 3H Radspeed as I just can't seem to get it to work for me. I used to love hitting my old Adams 3H in the same loft, so I'm sort of going back to what I know.

Hit this today at the range. Had a great time playing around with the adjustability.

Ended up settling for standard loft in the draw setting and weights in the most forgiving setting (12g toe and heel). In this setting I found I could hit it laser straight or a slight fade.

Loved the amount of forgiveness too. One very heely strike still went dead straight and probably 90% of usual distance.

The stock MMT Regular flex shaft feels maybe slightly heavy for me personally at 73g (I play a 60g driver shaft, and a 39g 3W shaft!!) but I can't see it being an issue on the course once I'm more used to it.

Looking forward to playing a round with it now.

Put two par 5 approaches past the pin with a 3H yesterday. I love this club.

I had to look 15 pages back for this. Including the Apex UW and G425 22H, this club at 18 degrees is the easiest and most consistent to hit with minimal effort. I hope this thread grows a lot in the near future. I'm considering swapping my UW for a 17 degree. Yes, its that good for me.

So I went crazy for the Morgan Cup and ordered three King Tec Hybrids. I ordered the 2, 3, & 4 hybrid because I’venever been a great fw off the deck ball striker. In very limited testing of the King Tec 3h, I was sold that the 2 could fill a decent gap between driver and 3h. Today confirmed that.

I was hitting slightly into a wind coming off the right. The 2h is an absolute missile launcher. The ball comes off the face so hot and it’s a penetrating flight. I was getting the ball to the 240 marker with ease and that was off the deck. This might end up being my new favorite club to hit.

The 3 & 4 were just as fun and easy to hit. Both have a nice flight that I’m sure will hold the greens without issue.

I did change the weight to the smallest weight on the toe of the 2 so I could get a little straighter and lower flight. I left the heavy weights on the heel and toe so I could get the little higher ball flight.

I can’t wait to go play a round and see how these perform on course. Next range session will be testing these off the tee.68C9DDB1-9413-40A8-A5B0-A765FDCD903F.jpeg

So I went crazy for the Morgan Cup and ordered three King Tec Hybrids. I ordered the 2, 3, & 4 hybrid because I’venever been a great fw off the deck ball striker. In very limited testing of the King Tec 3h, I was sold that the 2 could fill a decent gap between driver and 3h. Today confirmed that.

I was hitting slightly into a wind coming off the right. The 2h is an absolute missile launcher. The ball comes off the face so hot and it’s a penetrating flight. I was getting the ball to the 240 marker with ease and that was off the deck. This might end up being my new favorite club to hit.

The 3 & 4 were just as fun and easy to hit. Both have a nice flight that I’m sure will hold the greens without issue.

I did change the weight to the smallest weight on the toe of the 2 so I could get a little straighter and lower flight. I left the heavy weights on the heel and toe so I could get the little higher ball flight.

I can’t wait to go play a round and see how these perform on course. Next range session will be testing these off the tee.View attachment 9099669
I’m likely heading into the 2H direction at 15.5 I’ve played this setup before and it was very effective for me.

I’m likely heading into the 2H direction at 15.5 I’ve played this setup before and it was very effective for me.
I might give it a look at 15.5. I’m going to get some numbers off the tee with it standard at 17 first and then see how it feels lowered down off the deck. I wanted to go this route to make sure I have a club that I feel comfortable with in multiple situations. So far I’m impressed with how easy it is to hit though.

15.5 is basically a 3W. What are the differences other than maybe a little shaft length?

15.5 is basically a 3W. What are the differences other than maybe a little shaft length?
The biggest difference is the King Tec Hybrids have the 3 weights on the bottom to adjust ball flight tendencies. It also uses the new power shell to get faster ball speeds. Other than that, it’s the standard differences between hybrid and fw. Head is smaller, more spin, higher flight, little less distance.

I find it a lot easier to hit from the fairway than the fw so I’m happy to sacrifice some distance off the tee to feel confident out there when needed.

I can’t wait to go play a round and see how these perform on course. Next range session will be testing these off the tee.View attachment 9099669
That does look so good! I've got the 5h version, and that really is a rocket launcher even at that high loft so can only imagine one down at 17 degrees. Makes par 5s almost par 4s for you now ;)

That does look so good! I've got the 5h version, and that really is a rocket launcher even at that high loft so can only imagine one down at 17 degrees. Makes par 5s almost par 4s for you now ;)

I’ll find out soon. I’m playing a round Thursday to try and get familiar with them on course. Saturday is tournament day.

I’ll find out soon. I’m playing a round Thursday to try and get familiar with them on course. Saturday is tournament day.
Genuinely is a club that I felt at home with almost as soon as I picked it up. Quick tweak with the weights and I've never looked back. Great club.

Genuinely is a club that I felt at home with almost as soon as I picked it up. Quick tweak with the weights and I've never looked back. Great club.
How did you set up the weights? I went heavy in heel & middle to get a straighter flight maybe slight draw bias in the 2. I left the 3 & 4 stock setup

How did you set up the weights? I went heavy in heel & middle to get a straighter flight maybe slight draw bias in the 2. I left the 3 & 4 stock setup
I was exactly the same as you, heel and middle. It's a club where moving the weights about had a bigger effect than any other club I have tried, seemed to have the right combination of flight and height that I was looking for. I've never been much use with lower lofted hybrids though, swing speed is not my friend but I seem to do OK with a 5w for some reason. Time will tell!

I was exactly the same as you, heel and middle. It's a club where moving the weights about had a bigger effect than any other club I have tried, seemed to have the right combination of flight and height that I was looking for. I've never been much use with lower lofted hybrids though, swing speed is not my friend but I seem to do OK with a 5w for some reason. Time will tell!

Your saw my 4w first hand, little rocket launcher for sure. After three swings with the King Tec 2h, I already know that I won’t miss it at all.

Your saw my 4w first hand, little rocket launcher for sure. After three swings with the King Tec 2h, I already know that I won’t miss it at all.
I particularly remember one shot you hit with that 4w, right into the heart of the green!

Back