Finn Scooters: A Brand Story

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have not had the opportunity to try a Finn Scooter, then you most certainly have seen them online or in person. They are extremely fun to use, but also have a very practical side too with both maintenance and pace of play. While the last couple of years have taught us a bit about single riding golfers, Finn Scooters came before the pandemic filled golf life. Where? Why? Let’s dive into it a bit in this very unique Brand Story.

Continue reading...

Enjoyed the read. Have tried one but not on course look forward to getting a chance soon, enjoy riding dirt bikes so this seems like a logical next step to combine two enjoyments in one.

Good read. I have not had the opportunity to use one, I absolutely would though.

I think it would be nice and fun, and it obviously makes total sense that it would be faster than a 2 person cart. My only downside is that there would be less chat during the round with your cartner if you were just getting to know someone but that's a small inconvenience since you can still talk on the tee box and green.

Great read. I kinda want to try one but I’m also in that segment of golfers you mentioned that have safety concerns and I’m not traditionally great on bikes.

I’m sure a lot of this trepidation would be alleviated almost immediately though so if I see them somewhere I’m inclined to give it a go.

Fascinating idea and I would definitely try.

I wonder though….Alcohol and a scooter, what could go wrong? The golf scooter youtube videos will soon commence 😆

Great article! Our course has them for rent but I have yet to try them out…. It will happen though. My buddies who scoffed at them originally now rent them every time they are available. Finn will stay at my course I believe.

Great write-up! I'd definitely love to give one a spin some time, but haven't come across any courses up here that have them.

Great write up. A neat concept and fun addition to a golf day. Was at Tobacco Road two years ago and they had them. But they were sold out. They only had a few. Some day we'll give one a go.

I would definitely love to try one out, they seem like they would indeed be fun to cruise around on and help speed up pace of play. No courses near me have them that i'm aware of. I wonder how likely that is to change as I assume most courses already have deals to rent their current fleet of golf carts, what incentive do they have to also add these?

I look forward to trying these. One of my many regrets is picking the one person cart over the Finn at True Blue. Next chance I get I will try it.

Will be reading this a little later so that I can really enjoy it. Finns are so awesome.

Great write up here and really enjoyed the history of Finn. While I haven’t had the opportunity to test one of these out on the course I was able to cruise around the neighborhood. Very easy to hop on and just go. I honestly never even thought of the lack of a roof.

Unfortunately none of the courses around here have a fleet in rotation so will need to travel to a place that does.

I say the Dormie Network needs to get these! Imagine .... playing Ballyhack on these?! :unsure:

Enjoyed the read. Have tried one but not on course look forward to getting a chance soon, enjoy riding dirt bikes so this seems like a logical next step to combine two enjoyments in one.
Do you know of any courses near us we could give them a run? I feel like one was mentioned. I think we need to schedule a Finn outing.

Another great brand story write up. I always enjoy these articles because you knock them out of the park with the great blend of storytelling and detail.

Great fun but a long turning radius.

We tested this and it is similar to our golf cart.

I think it's about the expectations of a bike and surprise at first. I had trouble on the first turn and then adjusted. Great fun.

Phenomenal read! I have not been to a course that has them or even seen one in person anywhere, but I certainly love the idea of them and hope to some day get a chance to experience using one during a round. Now that I work at a golf course, I will certainly throw in my two cents worth in favor of mixing in some Finn Scooters next time our golf cart fleet leasing comes up for renewal.

#finnsquad

Id love to try one. If i ever play a course that offers them i will use one for sure.

I think it's about the expectations of a bike and surprise at first. I had trouble on the first turn and then adjusted. Great fun.
I felt the way I think it’s all about perception. That first turn for me was a really wide one in fear of not wanting to tip over.:D

They have a great story and the utility is undeniable. I want to try one but I’m not aware of any courses within a reasonable distance that have them. I mentioned them to my course’s manager a few weeks back. He said they were a great idea but they needed other things to make the course better that were hard sells to their bosses rather than golf scooters.

If I lived at the country club, I’d have one.

Fun article and cool backstory. I'd love to try one someday and likely will BUT I've said it before I think its ridiculous that you have to pay extra to take a Finn Scooter, golf board or whatever it is thats different from a traditional cart.

Back