Get many greenside chips in? Curious on performance there a little more specifically.

Quite a bit. I've historically been one to get the ball on the green as quick as possible and let the ball run out to the hole. Mostly that was out of necessity, as I struggled with greenside spin. These wedges are really going to shine greenside. The Z grind really really set me up consistently greenside better than the Full Toe, for my swing.

Yesterday's round was a lot of trying to dunk it, because it was a one-hop stop right where it landed. That said, I could get it to run out if i wanted, but this club wants to put spin on the ball. Moving to the CSX ball and this wedge, is an incredible match. I had no issues of chunking a wedge, everything was just a nice spinny ball right where it landed. I had only had 1 of a handful of shots run out past the hole, and that's because i wanted to play a low runner, and I thinned it just a bit.

Quite a bit. I've historically been one to get the ball on the green as quick as possible and let the ball run out to the hole. Mostly that was out of necessity, as I struggled with greenside spin. These wedges are really going to shine greenside. The Z grind really really set me up consistently greenside better than the Full Toe, for my swing.

Yesterday's round was a lot of trying to dunk it, because it was a one-hop stop right where it landed. That said, I could get it to run out if i wanted, but this club wants to put spin on the ball. Moving to the CSX ball and this wedge, is an incredible match. I had no issues of chunking a wedge, everything was just a nice spinny ball right where it landed. I had only had 1 of a handful of shots run out past the hole, and that's because i wanted to play a low runner, and I thinned it just a bit.
Awesome, love to hear it 🔥

@xThor any early impressions on spin retention in wet conditions?

@xThor any early impressions on spin retention in wet conditions?

it’s hot and dry here so I can’t say anything to wet as of yet. Removing the plating and cutting more aggressive grooves on the face should create more friction, which should be better in wet conditions. I can definitely see where they would claim more spin in wet conditions vs Md5

You're saying everything that I have been needing in a wedge. I need that Z grind so much

Last edited:
I'm thinking I'm going to need a 50 S grind and a 54 W grind. I am sad I won't be able to get the black plasma, but chrome will have to do.

I'm thinking I'm going to need a 50 S grind and a 54 W grind. I am sad I won't be able to get the black plasma, but chrome will have to do.

It'll be great for sure! Gonna love them I bet!

It'll be great for sure! Gonna love them I bet!
I think so, too. I really like my md5 but these sound phenomenal.

I think so, too. I really like my md5 but these sound phenomenal.

Yea, I trust @xThor. If he says they are better, they are better. That leading edge just looks SOOOO much better!

Yea, I trust @xThor. If he says they are better, they are better. That leading edge just looks SOOOO much better!
I hear ya. I've been happy with every Callaway club I've hit, so I feel pretty confident I'll like these as well.

Building new wedges on the bed of your truck in the course parking lot is a great conversation starter. People notice #Lunatics. Just fyi.:p

Building new wedges on the bed of your truck in the course parking lot is a great conversation starter. People notice #Lunatics. Just fyi.:p
Weirdos…

Do you have pictures?!

Do you have pictures?!
1. That's insulting
2. My feelings are hurt
3. No pictures for people who stab me like that

:p

I really want a 56S but not in a rush as my current 56* is working nicely.........but still want one.... :)

Dedicated or crazy? 🤔

Dedicated or crazy? 🤔
Only a judgey person would judge it as crazy.

Especially when the first 2 proximities are 7 and 9 feet. :D

These are great on this turf.

Only a judgey person would judge it as crazy.

Especially when the first 2 proximities are 7 and 9 feet. :D

These are great on this turf.

That is AWESOME!

Back